GS for thieves next elite

alejandro.2093

@"Oldgrimm.8521" said:there is nothing to fix,

we are the epitome of balance

only a few more nerfs here and there, and thief is done

Lmao they are never done when it comes to thief nerfs even after they halt all support for the game the devs will pop in periodically to throw some random nerfs on thief for good measure lol

Theoretically something like this from ESO could work out very nicely for thieves: https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Two-Handed+Skills

The Ultimate is the Elite skill of GW2 and Onslaught would be an amazing skill for thieves to kill tanks with because it ignores their damage mitigation which in this game is called Toughness.

1. Uppercut could be the autoattack ripped straight from their morphs with the 2nd hit increasing the damage of the next attack and the 3rd stunning the enemy.
  2. Critical Charge would work as a gap closer like Warrior's Bull's Charge except it deals more damage the more distance it travels.
  3. As for Brawler perhaps it could be adapted to GW2's barrier system from the scourge giving more barrier to the thief the more targets it hits.
  4. This is the juicy one because it's the Executioner skill of the weapon and deals huge extra damage to foes with less than 50% health.
  5. As for adapting Momentum to GW2 I guess it could grant some Might and Fury and maybe Stability.

Of course all of this is up to Arenanet to balance by initiative costs and its only a quick concept I came up with. I couldn't be bothered designing traits but if anybody wants to bother feel free. We may as well use our imagination and creativity to dream because thieves reality is pretty boring at the moment.

@"Kageseigi.2150" said:The only reason I'd really care about having a greatsword is to have access to Belinda's Greatsword skin

Come on, Anet... why not give the Thief a katana/ninjato skin? Even the kama skin you gave us is UPSIDE-DOWN!!!

Honestly, who is making these decisions??? They aren't difficult.

Yeah a simple katana styled skin for a sword will work nicely. This whole great sword ninja is a lol idea. I think too much watch bleach or some shit.

@"Oldgrimm.8521" said:I am envious of Exordium's special animations,every attack and skills were changed in all GS wielding Classes

i do not care if GS does not fit thief archetype

i just want to be flashy

No thank you. I’ve seen some advocate for s samurai style elite spec for thief but that seems totally unfitting. Samurai are warriors. Guardian is also a possibility with the tenets of bushido as the virtues. If the next elite specs include another weapon access, I think it should be a one hand weapon or even unarmed strikes. I think that would be cool and keeping with the thief archetype.

lets face it

anet devs are lazy to give us another one handed or off hand weapon, because they have to balance and make multiple "Dual Skills"

they dont have that kind of dev time,

so we just need to accept another 2 handed weapon, so Greatsword all the wayyyyyyyyyyy

@"Oldgrimm.8521" said:lets face it

anet devs are lazy to give us another one handed or off hand weapon, because they have to balance and make multiple "Dual Skills"

so we just need to accept another 2 handed weapon, so Greatsword all the wayyyyyyyyyyy

They invented a Firebrand last expansion, so saying something like this isn't fair. That being said... we're just not getting another expansion ever. The game is in decline, they don't want to invest a whole bunch of resources in it anymore.

@YuiRS.8129 said:

@"Oldgrimm.8521" said:lets face it

They invented a Firebrand last expansion, so saying something like this isn't fair. That being said... we're just not getting another expansion ever. The game is in decline, they don't want to invest a whole bunch of resources in it anymore.

last i checked the game was on the rise

@derd.6413 said:

@Jack Redline.5379 said:Next exp is in water no Gs there :P

Is that an assumption or is it a fact? Or at least implied by the devs?I know most of us thought this could be true because of the lore but I don't think it was ever confirmed.

no, the lore didn't imply anything either

It did quite a big deal because of the Deep Sea Dragon before certain LW episodes.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Jack Redline.5379 said:Next exp is in water no Gs there :P

Is that an assumption or is it a fact? Or at least implied by the devs?I know most of us thought this could be true because of the lore but I don't think it was ever confirmed.

no, the lore didn't imply anything either

It did quite a big deal because of the Deep Sea Dragon before certain LW episodes.

what does that sentenced even mean?