If 30k+ unblockable Arc Dividers and Rapid Fires are the new normal, what else should change?

coro.3176

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@exodus.7213 said:If your build has word CONDI in it it shouldn't also have BURST in it, and thats a major issue in this game, there is no sustained pressure dmg (except for when ele is attacking you) but I do agree you should have a potential to one-shot someone but at the cost of it being easily dodgeable and you being extremely non-tanky.Make people have a choice of what they want to run instead of it being a one build for one class kind of PvP that we have right now

Also as an ele main (Ele: completely forgotten as is tradition) hurts

If a power burst skill instantly does 30k+, why can't a condi damage apply 30k+ in dots?

Because Damage over time shouldn't be Damage all at once then over time as it falls off.

@exodus.7213 said:If your build has word CONDI in it it shouldn't also have BURST in it, and thats a major issue in this game, there is no sustained pressure dmg (except for when ele is attacking you) but I do agree you should have a potential to one-shot someone but at the cost of it being easily dodgeable and you being extremely non-tanky.Make people have a choice of what they want to run instead of it being a one build for one class kind of PvP that we have right now

Also as an ele main (Ele: completely forgotten as is tradition) hurts

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If you are able to oneshot someone, YOU SHOULD BE FULL GLASHOUSE and not thousands of dodges/blocks/stealth/invulnerabiity

You should remove the Unblockable part in the title as Arc on its own is not unblockable .They run either Sig of might ( Meaning they have wasted a defensive utility to get this ) Or using arms,meaning they ditched a defensive traitline to get the unblock effect. The way you state it now makes it seem that Arc is always unblock which is not the case.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arc_Divider

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Aridon.8362 said:Why not instead of all of this just scale toughness so that it works against power?

Toughness does work on power. It just turns out negating 30% of an attack that would do 40k on a target with no toughness still leaves you with a one shot.

That's why I said scale it so that power users don't 1 shot you.

There are two glassy builds with true one shot potential, and then a ton of other builds. Bumping damage reduction from toughness to hit like the 70% needed to handle zerker and soulbeast leaves everyone else screwed.

Then the solution is to nerf those two? I mean I don't understand why you want to go the hard way about this.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Berserker's only scary damage is from one skill. It's actually fine. It's hugely telegraphed and even has christmas tree lights.

Deaths Judgement needs to have a word with you in the back

Literally never died to this. DJ is terrible.

That's the point. It was a highly telegraphed skill. Still nerfed

So, because there are hard hitting classes, everyone should hit hardAnd heal for ridiculous numbers?

When is the last time you played a glass cannon type in PvP?Bunkers make up the majority of the Top Meta Classes

Have you had the pleasure of fighting a bunker with a glass cannon?

I disagree with your poorly explained premise.