New LS episodes crashes and bugs — Guild Wars 2 Forums

New LS episodes crashes and bugs

Just spawned in DR, started the story, need to take an airship in LA can't teleport because the client just crashed....

Tagged:

Comments

• I mean, what exactly did you expect? Didn't this thing release- a literal few minutes ago?

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭

Hmm yep same, after a cinematic and introduction of new map it crashed. :/

• Gulbasaur.1865Gulbasaur.1865 Member ✭✭✭

Same here.

• Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭

This is a perfectly normal patch day for anet

• Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2019

just too update, got to the new map, crashed and now I cant login on any of my characters even though I only played my Ele through the story

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2019

Just started the epic flying fight with kralk, when I unlocked the final skill, my PC died, the screen froze at a point I never saw before.
    When using last skill to clip his wings, game is crashing.

• Zhaid Zhem.6508Zhaid Zhem.6508 Member ✭✭✭

Finish first story (gota big-big freeze before cinematic ? ) and now the map is loading indefinitely

• Terc.5736Terc.5736 Member ✭✭✭

Same crashing issue on final skill

• Malfrador.3615Malfrador.3615 Member ✭✭
    edited May 14, 2019

Same here, crash on final (4) skill usage, just before the glowing ball hits his wings.
    Tried updating the graphics driver and set all graphic options to low, as it seems to be a problem with the particle effect of the impact. Still crashing. At least there are checkpoints in the instance and you do not have to do everything again. Also deleted local.dat, did not help

EDIT: No crash, just the cut scene loading very long when you did not download the full patch. The cut scene should be downloaded when loading the map instead, as it feels like a long freeze/crash. Or at least add a loading bar for it.

Kodash [EU]

• Something seems to have changed in the base client. I am well past the "playable" mark, and I am still downloading; however, when I logon my toon is frozen as if lagging. There are no other systems or downloads happening on my LAN, and my OS is patched and up-to-date. I have been playing on this same connection for 6+ years, but the in-game logon server is frequently unavailable with this release. This makes the streaming technology useless if I can't be active past the "playable" mark.

This is the first time this has happened since we started using the streaming technologies, so something must be up with the client. Don't forget that most of us don't have true broadband (I'm only on 1.5 Mbps). Please check the client to see if there are prioritization problems for the folks using streaming. Thanks.

• Sorry about this, we're investigating a series of crashes. I'll update this thread when I know more!

Stéphane Lo Presti
    Content Marketing Manager

edited May 14, 2019

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:
    Sorry about this, we're investigating a series of crashes. I'll update this thread when I know more!

About the Skill 4 issue:
    No crash, just the cut scene loading very long when you did not download the full patch. The cut scene should be downloaded when loading the map instead, as it feels like a long freeze/crash. Or at least add a loading bar for it. Same issue with the cut scene when joining the new map for the first time, it starts downloading just when it is needed, which makes the game freeze until it is downloaded.

Before you start looking for a non-existent crash.

Kodash [EU]

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

Sorry about this, we're investigating a series of crashes. I'll update this thread when I know more!

Using the bond of faith through the floating mastery point at umbral battlegrounds crashes the map

• yes i am trying to explore the map then get disconnected an can not moved forward on the story

• fewfield.7802fewfield.7802 Member ✭✭

@Malfrador.3615 said:

About the Skill 4 issue:
    No crash, just the cut scene loading very long when you did not download the full patch. The cut scene should be downloaded when loading the map instead, as it feels like a long freeze/crash. Or at least add a loading bar for it. Same issue with the cut scene when joining the new map for the first time, it starts downloading just when it is needed, which makes the game freeze until it is downloaded.

When you said 'very long' how long does it really take ?

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2019

Every time when closing Bank Tab or relogging to another toon.. game crashes, log report and out to desktop.
    Normal patch day mayhem has resumed....

With some added spice - HoM Achievs screwed up - - again

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

• Yaskin Forrit.2185Yaskin Forrit.2185 Member ✭✭
    edited May 14, 2019

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:
    Every time when closing Bank Tab or relogging to another toon.. game crashes, log report and out to desktop.
    Normal patch day mayhem has resumed....

did you really expect anything else???

Try to swap toons - bam! back to desktop....

The barbarian way:
    1. If it moves, kill it!
    2. If is doesn't move, hit it until it moves and then kill it.
    3. If it still doesn't move it must be a rock so smash it!

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lord Huntsman.4691 said:
    Something seems to have changed in the base client. I am well past the "playable" mark, and I am still downloading; however, when I logon my toon is frozen as if lagging. There are no other systems or downloads happening on my LAN, and my OS is patched and up-to-date. I have been playing on this same connection for 6+ years, but the in-game logon server is frequently unavailable with this release. This makes the streaming technology useless if I can't be active past the "playable" mark.

This is the first time this has happened since we started using the streaming technologies, so something must be up with the client. Don't forget that most of us don't have true broadband (I'm only on 1.5 Mbps). Please check the client to see if there are prioritization problems for the folks using streaming. Thanks.

Playable just means you have the minimum amount of stuff to load back into the game. On a 1.5 Mbps connection you should set the Streaming option to either Idle or "On Demand".

Personally I prefer "On Demand" since even on Idle I notice a momentary stutter after the completion of each file.

• I'm getting a disconnect at last instance. Right after words "She is the first of her kind". Tried multiple times, disconnects every time.

• fett.9573fett.9573 Member

Repeated crashing when trying to leave the Heart of the Mists via leave button from the PvP menu, porting to guild hall, or trying to enter wvw.

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭

Weapon Utility / Elite skills are reset.. so redo them, swap map and bam they all disappear again ...

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

New map: 22 POIs, but only 21/21 needed for Map Completion

Might want to correct that. ;)

• Zalani.9827Zalani.9827 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 16, 2019

It’s been an hour now and I still haven’t gotten the Descent mission to work, aurene refuses to show up through multiple login/logout attempts.

Jadis Narnia, Sylvari Ranger of [VoS]

Praise Joko!

edited May 14, 2019

@fewfield.7802 said:

@Malfrador.3615 said:

About the Skill 4 issue:

When you said 'very long' how long does it really take ?

Depends on your internet connection. For me with a download speed of around 1mb/s it took about 3 minutes. You can use the task manager to see if it is still downloading stuff.

Kodash [EU]

• Moira Shalaar.5620Moira Shalaar.5620 Member ✭✭✭

Is there no home instance node or portal scroll for purchase from the Traveling Elonian Trader [Volatile Magic Collector]? Nor are there the map boosts for XP/Karma. I have completed the entire story hoping that might unlock something. It's almost as if the first tab is missing.

• F Bombs.5071F Bombs.5071 Member
    edited May 14, 2019

Break the Crystal Dragon event is bugged and will not progress, stuck at reflector C. Tried letting npc die but when you rez Zadd they just go back to hammering even outside the circle but event does not progress
    edit, getting tired of crashing , rolls me back in progress like 10 good mins

• @Moira Shalaar.5620 said:
    Is there no home instance node or portal scroll for purchase from the Traveling Elonian Trader [Volatile Magic Collector]? Nor are there the map boosts for XP/Karma. I have completed the entire story hoping that might unlock something. It's almost as if the first tab is missing.

You need to do some events first to unlock them.

• Moira Shalaar.5620Moira Shalaar.5620 Member ✭✭✭

@Shaez.5762 said:

TYVM!

• Draxian.7945Draxian.7945 Member ✭✭
    edited May 14, 2019

Crashing to character select at the same point towards the end of 'Heart to Heart', right after the big fight. No issues whatsoever on my end (I've checked literally everything). Doesn't appear to be affecting everyone, so no idea. I'll try once more, if it happens again I'll report back before uninstalling the game. This is both recent living world stories that have been ruined by progress blocking bugs at the end of major late stage missions causing time-wasting do-overs. That's not even possible with basic, never mind good, QA.

• Sicarine.3985Sicarine.3985 Member ✭✭

Reflector C is bugged, meaning I am stuck on a map with 0 events on it. Every other map in LFG is full.........

• Crashes every time at the end of Descent. Managed to get through to the cut scene by playing a video and continually clicking skills (tips I read returning to buggy PoF instances - still from this year) but as soon as the cut scene ends it loads back into Descent platform and freezes.

Why can't you guys put more checkpoints in these long instances? I wouldn't mind hitting my head against the wall so much if I didn't have to do the fight over and over (same as with The Departing man how many hours did I waste on that with no real resolution/just plain luck getting through). You have a larger problem with your story instances/cut scenes causing disconnects that has been highlighted by people for years now still with no fix.

• Zushada.6108Zushada.6108 Member ✭✭✭

@Moira Shalaar.5620 said:

@Shaez.5762 said:

TYVM!

As above but also, if you look in the Story Achievements it is listed there as well. :-)

• Felicity.9406Felicity.9406 Member ✭✭

Also when you are forced back to beginning of the new map all the waypoints bar that one disappear and i have to leave map and come back

• I'm also getting the disconnect at the end of descent. Ive tried re-entering the instance, relogging, restarting my computer, turning off my second monitor and every program on my pc that isnt gw2, redoing the entire chapter and nothing worked

• For anyone still struggling with the disconnects before / after cut scenes (for example at the end of Descent), there's a possibility that this is due to a multi-threading issue and the following fix may work:

• Go to Task Manager and find GW2 in processes, right click and "Go to details"
    • On the new list, find GW2, right click and "Set affinity"
    • Untick everything except CPU 0

Disclaimer - it's only an assumption that this is a multi-threading issue and the fix may not work, however it just did for me. After multiple attempts with the disconnect before / after the cut scene, I tried this fix and it worked first time.

I hope this can be useful to someone and if you could post feedback or message me on whether this works I'd really appreciate that as I've been struggling with the cut scene disconnect issue for a while (mainly since PoF) so I'd be interested to know if this is a reliable fix.

• @Aliciente.1640 thanks so much for this - worked first time!

• fewfield.7802fewfield.7802 Member ✭✭

I got bugged in Dragon Flight instance. it's annoying and havent been fixed yet

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

In new map, on the flying airship you can talk with sayida or taimi, but in fact sayida is bugged and will not say anything.

• unfortunately the cpu solution didnt work for me :( still disconected at the end

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.