New LS episodes crashes and bugs

Same here, crash on final (4) skill usage, just before the glowing ball hits his wings.Tried updating the graphics driver and set all graphic options to low, as it seems to be a problem with the particle effect of the impact. Still crashing. At least there are checkpoints in the instance and you do not have to do everything again. Also deleted local.dat, did not help

EDIT: No crash, just the cut scene loading very long when you did not download the full patch. The cut scene should be downloaded when loading the map instead, as it feels like a long freeze/crash. Or at least add a loading bar for it.

Something seems to have changed in the base client. I am well past the "playable" mark, and I am still downloading; however, when I logon my toon is frozen as if lagging. There are no other systems or downloads happening on my LAN, and my OS is patched and up-to-date. I have been playing on this same connection for 6+ years, but the in-game logon server is frequently unavailable with this release. This makes the streaming technology useless if I can't be active past the "playable" mark.

This is the first time this has happened since we started using the streaming technologies, so something must be up with the client. Don't forget that most of us don't have true broadband (I'm only on 1.5 Mbps). Please check the client to see if there are prioritization problems for the folks using streaming. Thanks.

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:Sorry about this, we're investigating a series of crashes. I'll update this thread when I know more!About the Skill 4 issue:No crash, just the cut scene loading very long when you did not download the full patch. The cut scene should be downloaded when loading the map instead, as it feels like a long freeze/crash. Or at least add a loading bar for it. Same issue with the cut scene when joining the new map for the first time, it starts downloading just when it is needed, which makes the game freeze until it is downloaded.

Before you start looking for a non-existent crash.

@Malfrador.3615 said:

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:Sorry about this, we're investigating a series of crashes. I'll update this thread when I know more!About the Skill 4 issue:No crash, just the cut scene loading very long when you did not download the full patch. The cut scene should be downloaded when loading the map instead, as it feels like a long freeze/crash. Or at least add a loading bar for it. Same issue with the cut scene when joining the new map for the first time, it starts downloading just when it is needed, which makes the game freeze until it is downloaded.

When you said 'very long' how long does it really take ?

@"Lord Huntsman.4691" said:Something seems to have changed in the base client. I am well past the "playable" mark, and I am still downloading; however, when I logon my toon is frozen as if lagging. There are no other systems or downloads happening on my LAN, and my OS is patched and up-to-date. I have been playing on this same connection for 6+ years, but the in-game logon server is frequently unavailable with this release. This makes the streaming technology useless if I can't be active past the "playable" mark.

This is the first time this has happened since we started using the streaming technologies, so something must be up with the client. Don't forget that most of us don't have true broadband (I'm only on 1.5 Mbps). Please check the client to see if there are prioritization problems for the folks using streaming. Thanks.

Playable just means you have the minimum amount of stuff to load back into the game. On a 1.5 Mbps connection you should set the Streaming option to either Idle or "On Demand".

Personally I prefer "On Demand" since even on Idle I notice a momentary stutter after the completion of each file.

@fewfield.7802 said:

When you said 'very long' how long does it really take ?

Depends on your internet connection. For me with a download speed of around 1mb/s it took about 3 minutes. You can use the task manager to see if it is still downloading stuff.