How to prepare for next raid? (hopefully in June)

Tbh learning meta rotations is completely the wrong way of going about preparing for a new raid. What's actually going to help you get that first wing clear is understanding the tools you have available to you on those classes. So this means understanding your trait choices, your utilities, strengths and weakness of each spec in a given scenario. Eg. Dead eye has bad cleave, high single target dps. DH and ele have high burst, necro has long range cleave with epi, mesmer boon application suffers when theres a lot of random unpredictable movement. Then putting all of these puzzle pieces together to form a cohesive team comp. Learning the what without the why is literally the reason why people call raiders cookie cutter sheeple.

@Shikaru.7618 said:Tbh learning meta rotations is completely the wrong way of going about preparing for a new raid. What's actually going to help you get that first wing clear is understanding the tools you have available to you on those classes. So this means understanding your trait choices, your utilities, strengths and weakness of each spec in a given scenario. Eg. Dead eye has bad cleave, high single target dps. DH and ele have high burst, necro has long range cleave with epi, mesmer boon application suffers when theres a lot of random unpredictable movement. Then putting all of these puzzle pieces together to form a cohesive team comp. Learning the what without the why is literally the reason why people call raiders cookie cutter sheeple.

I main Chrono, but I was thinking that other support classes might be better for progression raid. Such as Firebrand/Alacagade. From my experience, progression raiding requires a lot of swapping between classes. So I think depending on the role that you're aiming (dps, support, healing) I think being able to play 2-3 classes relatively good with multiple builds on each one of them is helpful.

Quickbrand can go either Heal or DPS. If he goes DPS, you can bring a 2nd healer, instead of Firebrand. Also Chrono is currently the lowest dps support class in the game, alongside condition boon druid. (I've added new numbers to the spreadsheet I linked in the main post).

Cyninja's is the best answer possible to this conundrum: a static is the one thing that will make your life that much easier when raiding, specially when a new one is released. Otherwise you'll probably won't be seeing the end (unless you're somewhat lucky) on the first couple days.

However, suppose you do not have that much commitment, and that you want to prepare in a sense but only care the most about bringing in something good no matter what. I would say don't particularly focus on rotations but rather on utilities, e.g since you main Chrono you of course know pulls, portals, etc. and if you make a Quickbrand focus the most on use of aegis, etc.

But actually, speaking strictly of succeeding in a raid where mechanics are still unknown, you want to know what's your best shot IMO? just put up your commander tag and make a 6-Scourge + double FB+Rev group (or Chronos+Druid+Scourge heal). This is so extremely failsafe that I very much doubt anything other than raw mechanics are going to be a problem, even if the fight might end up a bit rough on the edges.