[SPOILERS] Copped Out + Redeemed Themselves

lezbefriends.7516

So Aurene is alive and Kralkatorrik can talk. The latter made him less scary, like how fear of the unknown is scarier than being able to see the evil. Fortunately, the ending made up for it. No forced last-minute plot twist. We got a complete ending. Kralkatorrik, being the most powerful Elder Dragon, was the most powerful villain in the game, and he died. Any bigger bad they add is going to feel like a retcon (and probably is). Anyway, Aurene’s an Elder Dragon now! clap

@"Mortifera.6138" said:So Aurene is alive and Kralkatorrik can talk. The latter made him less scary, like how fear of the unknown is scarier than being able to see the evil. Fortunately, the ending made up for it. No forced last-minute plot twist. We got a complete ending. Kralkatorrik, being the most powerful Elder Dragon, was the most powerful villain in the game, and he died. Any bigger bad they add is going to feel like a retcon (and probably is). Anyway, Aurene’s an Elder Dragon now! clap

He wasny the strongest on his own accord. Its all about who holds magic. We might not see something "as powerful" but we will prob still see powerful villains that need beating.

I expect that aurene will assume her role and go to sleep?

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Mortifera.6138" said:So Aurene is alive and Kralkatorrik can talk. The latter made him less scary, like how fear of the unknown is scarier than being able to see the evil. Fortunately, the ending made up for it. No forced last-minute plot twist. We got a complete ending. Kralkatorrik, being the most powerful Elder Dragon, was the most powerful villain in the game, and he died. Any bigger bad they add is going to feel like a retcon (and probably is). Anyway, Aurene’s an Elder Dragon now!
clap

He wasny the strongest on his own accord. Its all about who holds magic. We might not see something "as powerful" but we will prob still see powerful villains that need beating.

She won't need to sleep because her whole purpose is to take magic and recycle it, not gobble it down and hoard it. The Elder Dragons would devour all of the magical energy, and overstuffed, they'd pass out like relatives at a Thanksgiving dinner. Aurene isn't doing the same thing. Also, there are three other elder dragons who are a threat.

@Scrysis.6279 said:

@"Mortifera.6138" said:So Aurene is alive and Kralkatorrik can talk. The latter made him less scary, like how fear of the unknown is scarier than being able to see the evil. Fortunately, the ending made up for it. No forced last-minute plot twist. We got a complete ending. Kralkatorrik, being the most powerful Elder Dragon, was the most powerful villain in the game, and he died. Any bigger bad they add is going to feel like a retcon (and probably is). Anyway, Aurene’s an Elder Dragon now!
clap

She won't need to sleep because her whole purpose is to take magic and recycle it, not gobble it down and hoard it. The Elder Dragons would devour all of the magical energy, and overstuffed, they'd pass out like relatives at a Thanksgiving dinner. Aurene isn't doing the same thing. Also, there are three other elder dragons who are a threat.

I mean, we dont know if they were going to sleep because they over stuffed themselves or not but going to sleep was a big par of the whole recycle deal.

@zealex.9410 said:

clap

I mean, we dont know if they were going to sleep because they over stuffed themselves or not but going to sleep was a big par of the whole recycle deal.

They eat magic, then when there is no magic they sleep. Their bodies constantly lose magic into the environment, once enough has leaked they wake.

• 1 year later...

@zealex.9410 said:

clap

Here is the thing I am waiting to see that could make the last 3 elder dragons even more dangerous than Kralk...

1. They continue with dividing the magic between the last three dragons.
  2. Jormag manipulates the Champions to kill Primodus first and he swoops in and claim the bigger portion of the fire magic released.
  3. And just as Jormag thinks he has the best of everyone, Bubbles comes in, swallows him hole. And we learn that Bubbles is the actual world and magic itself and wants to start all over.
  4. Now we have to learn how to convenience Bubbles who is essentially magic and the world that we deserve to live and that we will learn to live in balance with the world and magic.

@Fipmip.7219 said:

@Vyrulisse.1246 said:It's getting kinda old how Anet seems obsessed with making villains relatable or trying to make us feel bad for them. Sometimes it's okay to have bad guys be bad.

what you mean like caudecus and joko and balthazar and bangar?

I feel like in those 4 cases, while they gave those villians motivation, they did not make them relatable. In the end, they were all villains that needed put down.

@Narcemus.1348 said:

@Vyrulisse.1246 said:It's getting kinda old how Anet seems obsessed with making villains relatable or trying to make us feel bad for them. Sometimes it's okay to have bad guys be bad.

what you mean like caudecus and joko and balthazar and bangar?

I feel like in those 4 cases, while they gave those villians motivation, they did not make them relatable. In the end, they were all villains that needed put down.

Yes I was making a case for there being plenty of plain bad guys