If you are going to keep mounts.

@Karnasis.6892 said:

Well there will also be a dismount skill linked to the mount in addition to the trap. Also many traps are implemented to effect more than 1 player at time of activation, like supply traps, so I suspect if a person or 3 run over it at the same time they'd all be dismounted. I could see these actually getting use by players attacking large objectives to slow down the response of the enemy teams.

First part doesnt solve the issue. The issue is that when 1 you are 1vX'd, one player is able to leave combat and mount up in order to catch you. Meaning having swiftness, mobility, outplaying your opponents is a waste due to this issue.

This allows them to come back into battle with full HP, a 10k hp buff from the pet, plus leaping attack that does a percentage of your hp.

Eh I've been using it as a roamer/scout and seeing very little issues with the mount. If anything the change to siege damage vs upgraded walls/gates make more objectives flip over mounts

We play very differently against different builds/opponents so its possible that my issues may not be yours and vice versa. Truth on siege damage.

@GaijinGuy.8476 said:

Eh I've been using it as a roamer/scout and seeing very little issues with the mount. If anything the change to siege damage vs upgraded walls/gates make more objectives flip over mounts

Agreed.They already have changes in the works as well (dismount skills) so just be patient to see how it will play out ... eventually.

The wait and see attitude is something I rather not be a repeating cycle with this game. Elite Spec balance was a wait and see.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:Only when they remove thief's and warrior's and hell messmers ability to run from a fight. Nike warriors are still an issue even with the cat; The mount at least lets build diversity come into play. Nothing like smelling all the salty tears of warriors and thieves everywhere, glorious be the day.

If they remove the ability to stealth and escape, which they already have done (reveal), then feel free to buff their survivability. Warriors though... yes they need a nerf to their Nike status.

@nthmetal.9652 said:Sorry, I don't see the problem with mounts in WvW. Yes, sometimes ppl on mounts catch me. If I am running, chances are, that the following fight is not one I will win.But look at that: Sometimes I catch running people when I myself am mounted. Chances are, that since they are running, the following fight is not one, they will win.Sometimes I +1 people in an ongoing fight with a mount. Sometimes people do it to me.

Notice something? It seems fair.

Now as for the Warclaw attack doing tons of damage: It doesn't for me, it doesn't for many people, but on some profession it does; this is something that needs to be fixed. I'd call these high damage numbers not a feature of the Warclaw, but a bug.

The problem isnt people with mounts catching you. The issue is you having to stay in combat while a person drops off, refills their hp, and comes back in with a damaging attack/ 10hp buff/ and all their hp back. If you hit me and I am still in combat, so should you be until all tagged units are out of combat. This could work better if there was incombat mounting on a cast timer + a 15 or so second cooldown after dismounting with mounts having 1 hp.