Warning, Wiki spoiler!!!

So if I understand correctly, you willingly went to a gw2 wiki, a place with detailed information regarding the game and its story, found information on the story in a wiki that's designed to have... information, and you decided to come complain to Arena net for a wiki that they have no control over? THE AUDACITY

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:So if I understand correctly, you willingly went to a gw2 wiki, a place with detailed information regarding the game and its story, found information on the story in a wiki that's designed to have... information, and you decided to come complain to Arena net for a wiki that they have no control over? THE AUDACITYI know it. How dare me.

@Danikat.8537 said:Where is this spoiler? If it's on a page related to the new episode then it probably should be changed, or at least tagged to warn that it has a spoiler.

It’s on the update notes, and yes I agree. First sentence is the biggest and I’ve been avoiding talk or forum info about the last episode. I don’t recall there being bad spoilers like that on update notes.

I more or less made this thread as a warning to others who might be in the same boat as me but haven’t ventured to the wiki yet.

• ArenaNet Staff

We're sorry that you ended up seeing spoilers for the previous episode. Note that the content of the wiki is created by the community, but beyond that it's now been several months since the last episode released and we tend to keep things spoiler-free for a week or two (with the exception of our Guild Chat livestream that has a heavy Spoiler Warning at the start).

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:We're sorry that you ended up seeing spoilers for the previous episode. Note that the content of the wiki is created by the community, but beyond that it's now been several months since the last episode released and we tend to keep things spoiler-free for a week or two (with the exception of our Guild Chat livestream that has a heavy Spoiler Warning at the start).

Regardless, I think the intro to the updates note is in bad taste. I appreciate the reply. You may have this thread closed if you want.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:Where is this spoiler? If it's on a page related to the new episode then it probably should be changed, or at least tagged to warn that it has a spoiler.

It’s on the update notes, and yes I agree. First sentence is the biggest and I’ve been avoiding talk or forum info about the last episode. I don’t recall there being bad spoilers like that on update notes.

I more or less made this thread as a warning to others who might be in the same boat as me but haven’t ventured to the wiki yet.

Yeah, I was surprised and disappointed to see those on the Wiki for today’s patch notes! I can’t be too upset since as it’s my own problem that I’m still quite a bit behind, but I didn’t expect to have it spelled out for me there! And I know it’s not Arenanet’s fault what is in the Wiki but hopefully posting this thread here will prevent others from making our same mistake.

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:Being upset at Arena net, or really anyone else for that matter, is incredibly entitled. There is only one person and one person alone to blame that you didn't play the previous episode in the months you had to play it.Eh I’m not really upset, lol, but thank you for your concern. I can see where you might’ve thought I was been I was angry, but that’s the net for you. Tone of voice is lost. The intention of the thread was to warn people of the notes and to let Anet know the notes were spoilerific.@all cheats.3186 said:Lol after like 3 months its no longer spoiling it's all on you. If people cared so much they would have finished it by then, no idea why anet even apologisedI dunno, maybe cause spoiling the story that you’re selling isn’t good business practice? That’s like a book store selling a book but telling you what happens in it before you buy it.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:Being upset at Arena net, or really anyone else for that matter, is incredibly entitled. There is only one person and one person alone to blame that you didn't play the previous episode in the months you had to play it.Eh I’m not really upset, lol, but thank you for your concern. I can see where you might’ve thought I was been I was angry, but that’s the net for you. Tone of voice is lost.
The intention of the thread was to warn people of the notes and to let Anet know the notes were spoilerific.

Exactly! I don’t know what everyone else is so upset about! :confused: Some people are new to the game, come back after a long hiatus, etc., and try to avoid spoiling the story for themselves. Of course we don’t expect everyone else to never say anything about it, but I’ve avoided reading about LWS4 as I’ve been working to get caught up. I did not expect the patch notes to contain story information; if they have before it was something I missed or don’t recall. It would be nice if they hadn’t but the purpose of this thread is primarily to let others know so they can avoid reading them if they wish.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:Being upset at Arena net, or really anyone else for that matter, is incredibly entitled. There is only one person and one person alone to blame that you didn't play the previous episode in the months you had to play it.Eh I’m not really upset, lol, but thank you for your concern. I can see where you might’ve thought I was been I was angry, but that’s the net for you. Tone of voice is lost. The intention of the thread was to warn people of the notes and to let Anet know the notes were spoilerific.@all cheats.3186 said:Lol after like 3 months its no longer spoiling it's all on you. If people cared so much they would have finished it by then, no idea why anet even apologisedI dunno, maybe cause spoiling the story that you’re selling isn’t good business practice? That’s like a book store selling a book but telling you what happens in it before you buy it.

So.. the trailers of every harry potter movie had to avoid ever mentioning the return of voldemort? I mean, spoiling their own story shouldn't be a good business practice, right?

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

So.. the trailers of every harry potter movie had to avoid ever mentioning the return of voldemort? I mean, spoiling their own story shouldn't be a good business practice, right?

Not quite the same thing but good effort.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:I dunno, maybe cause spoiling the story that you’re selling isn’t good business practice? That’s like a book store selling a book but telling you what happens in it before you buy it.

Actually, no. It's like a book store selling a book that mentions on its cover description events that happened in the previous book. Which, btw, they do.

@ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:Or you know... coulda just not visited the wiki...

Patch notes contain information for new players, veteran players, and everyone in between. Visiting the wiki after a patch is habitual for many.

On the wiki, players can take steps to help out other players, as one did <Gah!! Link broke template, sorry to those who clicked on it>.