[merged] About the Skyscale Timegate...

I don't understand why the mount has to be time-gated. What about the people who can only play for 30 minutes or so on most days but have their day off today to do what they want? Restricting it just forces them to have to wait even longer. This compounds it even harder for those who are losing out on their experience as the OP stated.

I agree with the OP. I have no problem putting in the work for a collection; no problem with time gating and the eventual reward of the mount but would like to see my XP at least go towards something related to the mount mastery. It could be as simple as training first mastery in order to unlock the mount. So we would still do all of the collection stuff but we would not be able to access the mount outside of the new map until we had it trained. I spent a boatload of time in Dragon Fall today and while the spirit shards are nice, it is still a huge deterrent for me to not be able to train the first mastery for the mount while I am in the zone completing the collections. Time gating is fine because with all the mounts we already have this is a nice extra that is not required but nice to have.

there seems to be a rumor though that Dulfy isnt updating anymore, the last time she updated was when the video teaser was released a couple of weeks ago, and since then she hasnt updated anything else not only in his gw2 thread but neither in the other games she covers

I'm not doing this mount because of that time-gate kittenLooks like I wont be getting max mastery rank because of that so tyvm Anet.I don't mind the collections and I don't mind paying another 250g for this mount...hell make it 500g.the time gate is stupid and you know it, too bad you think its fun but you forget some of us have life and can't play 24/7 and when you complete a collection after a daily we have to wait another day.

Anet let us do the masteries at least =\

@"RizelStar.3724" said:It really doesn't make any sense. Hopefully ANET will chime in soon because as of right now, it really left a bad taste. I'm looking for a positive in this but due to how my RL is set up...I mean the only positive yet annoyance is if the rest of the collections aren't like the new born. If so then yea one of the worst ideas I've seen in a videogame.

Could be worse, but the thought of thinking that'd be "fun" or "rewarding"...is umm...well absurd. Shrugs

Honestly, I'm pretty busy these days between school and work. I had today free and was hoping I could get the mount and then play the rest at a leisurely pace working towards the achievements, armor collections, and the meta itself is fun enough to come back to. The map itself is fun enough to come back to, but the map is built with the skyscale heavily in mind. And having a bunch of rentable skyscales that disappear and are in odd hard to reach places is not pleasant. The mount itself is fairly clunky, but part of the fun of getting a new mount is testing it out in other zones. Not to mention the fact that this was one of the highlights of this patch, and now it's artificially gated behind daily collections. Maybe this has something to do with the charity thing that's going on? But the scale locations are already posted on reddit and dulfy will undoubtedly follow shortly, as I would hope they would have expected. Perhaps the charity is meant to tie into this 5 day time gate.

I don't know. Just really frustrated, especially how extremely time consuming some of these collections are. And they're fun collections, they're just running around to the same areas 10 times in a row to collect something for whatever reason.

I think the medicine, scales, and eggs for the first collection is more than enough, then maybe have an event based collection. But as it stands now, it's looking like it could be more collections similar tot he medicine, scales, and eggs, for 2 or more collections, and then a final one with events and world bosses.

The time gating is a really bad thing and kilss a lot of ingame fun for me. Also the collection seems way to large and unfun to me. I have to admit i'm not a great fan of collections at all. Just not my thing but i do them if the reward seems to good to be left on the side. But i want to do them in one or two gaming session. Normaly i follow a YT Guide on a weekend day. Now i have to do it on different sessions.... The griffon takes me about a year to get, the money wasn't the problem. Hope Anet would get rid of this kind of time gating soon or implement an alternative way to get it. I would be fine if i need to pay 1 or 2k gold to unlock it.

Preamble: I'm slow.

Just yesterday, I completed all the Desert/Path of Fire Mastery tracks and unlocked the Spirit Shard 'reward'. Not that I want or need them, but it was a first for me. (Don't have HoT or Core completed.)

And today.....gone. Again. Sigh. I've got the Mastery Points saved up. I've got countless Desert Mastery chests and consumables saved in the bank and on characters. I was looking forward to finally being able to use them, and clear out some space. Oh, well.

[Merged]

Just so we're clear, I'm absolutely okay with however many collections they want to throw in. It's not a big deal; it simply means effort and patience must be expended, along with learning how the new mount works and exploring the map. My main upset is the time-gating itself.

The majority of this could be fixed by just hiding the mastery track until the mount is unlocked.

• We were told the mount was releasing today. Unfortunately, a 5 day time-gate is not "today" as described.
    1. Time-gating is compounded for users who can only play for an hour or so a day - they can no longer play the content at their own pace.
    2. Consider the players who only play one or two days a week due to school or family.
    3. In hindsight of the above, consider those who work full-time or double-time and have children. How are they supposed to cope with this?
  • All experienced gained in the map is null as you cannot put anything towards the mount mastery reward track when your PoF masteries are finished.
  • People who have maxed PoF masteries have begun avoiding the new map / content due to wasting effort.
  • Anyone who is short on spirit shards have begun discussing how they feel they cannot play in any PoF content now.
  • Quote "Don't rush the content." -- In reality, you were essentially told you should rush it if you want to get the mount as early as possible, and unfortunately a lot of people were 30 minutes too late to the party.

Pros -

• The map is fantastic.
  • The story is great. (no spoilers here)
  • The events are straight-forward and easy to understand, except the final Meta event... lol.
  • We get a taste of the mount before we work to unlocking it.
  • Pretty sexy Legendary greatsword with the addition of Branded Weapon skins.

Cons -

• All of my guild members are avoiding the map and events now, including (below)
  • Everyone I know has stopped playing PoF content in general because they cannot gain the exp for their effort.

~

• Personal upset: My friends, myself, and many others took today and tomorrow off work to enjoy the content and we got slapped with a time-gate. This alone is thoroughly upsetting; and honestly the only thing that personally bothers me about this release.
  • My workdays are 2pm to 10pm, and prior to that I have home prep and errands. Even if I do a little bit of a collection, I won't make it for the server reset at 7pm. This is horrible.

I don’t care about xp, that comes in endless waves. If I lose some it’s ok. What makes me pissed as hell is that a piece of content as major as a mount is timegated. Not to mention, this was advertised as being released on May 14th. But really, we can’t own it until the 19th. I walked away from the egg collection feeling cheated because I was planning to play all day and into the next to get the mount, not be unceremoniously stopped against my will. I’d rather be working towards other timegated stuff (like crafting and gear) WITH my dragon. And worst of all, we can use it in the new map. So, I know EXACTLY what I’m missing out on and how awesome it is. I vastly prefer shoveling out gold, or even real money that waiting, at least in the case of larger content like mounts. I was planning to buy gems to continue supporting anet and because I was happy with the update. But so great is my displeasure I’ve decided not to buy any. Maybe some dragon skins will change my mind, but it will be a few weeks before I feel better.

this is really stupid, i work 45+ hours a week so finding time is kind of a luxury after i finish everything irl related. i dont know who thought gating a super hyped piece of content like this was a good idea but they should have left in the purge anet just had. i got the new GS in a couple hours but i gotta wait a week to get the mount that actually affects gameplay? not cool

@Fenom.9457 said:I don’t care about xp, that comes in endless waves. If I lose some it’s ok. What makes me pissed as hell is that a piece of content as major as a mount is timegated. Not to mention, this was advertised as being released on May 14th. But really, we can’t own it until the 19th. I walked away from the egg collection feeling cheated because I was planning to play all day and into the next to get the mount, not be unceremoniously stopped against my will. I’d rather be working towards other timegated stuff (like crafting and gear) WITH my dragon. And worst of all, we can use it in the new map. So, I know EXACTLY what I’m missing out on and how awesome it is. I vastly prefer shoveling out gold, or even real money that waiting, at least in the case of larger content like mounts. I was planning to buy gems to continue supporting anet and because I was happy with the update. But so great is my displeasure I’ve decided not to buy any. Maybe some dragon skins will change my mind, but it will be a few weeks before I feel better.

Current mood.

I have to agree with the sentiment here... though i personally don't mind too much waiting out a few days, this game has been about offering an enjoyable experience for casual players, not a min-max system that's very typical of vertical-progression games and in the end only thwarts and stresses people out; but on top of that we have the Spirit Shards XP bar locked out... this is really bad.

also have to agree... time gating stuff is silly in a game thats not a subscription payment model...

leave the time gating and time wasting to WoW, ESO, and other monthly subscription model payment games, serves no purpose and no benefit here