Why are 25k hits from stealth still a thing? @Anet

@Curennos.9307 said:

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:

@Aridon.8362 said:I don't understand, how do you dodge an invisible target? Theives and mesmers can teleport from one place to another so the dodging window isn't really all that wide. I'm always baffled that people think that they can just dodge everything and when I show them they can't they still persist in saying they can.

Um. . . DJ has a half second tell on its own. Did you not notice the big orange laser with sound effect that precedes the actual shot? Beyond that, to hit for 25k, you ate at least a couple of shots before DJ was even fired so the DE had at least a little malice buildup.

Seriously man, learn to watch your screen, turn OFF your music, turn UP your sound, and learn to pay attention. If you didn't have a dodge at that point. . .well, sorry man, you just got outplayed.

Binding Shadows -> Deadeye's Mark for quickness -> Death's Judgment. Good luck outplaying that

If you're not immediately LoSing or paying extra attention when you see the mark above your head and preparing to predict and evade incoming CC/damage, something is terribly wrong. Lack of situational awareness on your part is not your opponent's fault.

Why do you think I mentioned Binding Shadow? It has a delay on its activation time and in stealth it's invisible. Time Deadeye's Mark with Binding Shadow then cast Death's Judgment with a very short cast time.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Aridon.8362 said:I don't understand, how do you dodge an invisible target? Theives and mesmers can teleport from one place to another so the dodging window isn't really all that wide. I'm always baffled that people think that they can just dodge everything and when I show them they can't they still persist in saying they can.

Um. . . DJ has a half second tell on its own. Did you not notice the big orange laser with sound effect that precedes the actual shot? Beyond that, to hit for 25k, you ate at least a couple of shots before DJ was even fired so the DE had at least a little malice buildup.

Seriously man, learn to watch your screen, turn OFF your music, turn UP your sound, and learn to pay attention. If you didn't have a dodge at that point. . .well, sorry man, you just got outplayed.

Binding Shadows -> Deadeye's Mark for quickness -> Death's Judgment. Good luck outplaying that

If you're not immediately LoSing or paying extra attention when you see the mark above your head and preparing to predict and evade incoming CC/damage, something is terribly wrong. Lack of situational awareness on your part is not your opponent's fault.

Why do you think I mentioned Binding Shadow? It has a delay on its activation time and in stealth it's invisible. Time Deadeye's Mark with Binding Shadow then cast Death's Judgment with a very short cast time.

There've been other threads on Binding Shadow not showing up when cast from stealth (and p much all DE mains - all 1.5 of them - agree that's dumb). But any train of thought on how you ended up dying will lead back to player error. You didn't keep track fo the thief well enough, you weren't paying attention, you were slow, etc.

And even if it does hit, it's been proven that your 25k claim is BS. Seriously, 12-16k on a LIGHT golem (zerk, scholar, separation sigil, assassin's signet, 15 vuln stacks. Feel free to give it a go, but it really doesn't get higher than that without malice and mightstacks, both of which involve the DE actually appearing.

@"Vieux P.1238" said:Just delete everything & start something new from scratch.

https://www.gamesradar.com/why-final-fantasy-14-failed-and-how-it-was-reborn/

'Near the end of his GDC presentation, Yoshida pulled up one final slide, entitled: "What we have learned." Its bullet point lessons were the exact opposites of the mindset that went into building the original FF14':

1. Never forget the fans. Without them, there would be no 'us'
  2. Fun comes first. If it isn't fun, you're doing it wrong
  3. Never back down. Always aim to amaze
  4. Don't forget your roots. It's what fans crave

"Breaking a promise is the worst thing that you can ever do, and I promised the people that I would make this game happen," Yoshida said. "The fact I was able to deliver on that promise is a great relief."

@Curennos.9307 said:

There've been other threads on Binding Shadow not showing up when cast from stealth (and p much all DE mains - all 1.5 of them - agree that's dumb). But any train of thought on how you ended up dying will lead back to player error. You didn't keep track fo the thief well enough, you weren't paying attention, you were slow, etc.

And even if it does hit, it's been proven that your 25k claim is BS. Seriously, 12-16k on a LIGHT golem (zerk, scholar, separation sigil, assassin's signet, 15 vuln stacks. Feel free to give it a go, but it really doesn't get higher than that without malice and mightstacks, both of which involve the DE actually appearing.

I'm sorry but I never accepted the 25k damage claim.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"Vieux P.1238" said:Just delete everything & start something new from scratch.

'Near the end of his GDC presentation, Yoshida pulled up one final slide, entitled: "What we have learned." Its bullet point lessons were the exact opposites of the mindset that went into building the original FF14':
  1. Never forget the fans. Without them, there would be no 'us'
  2. Fun comes first. If it isn't fun, you're doing it wrong
  3. Never back down. Always aim to amaze
  4. Don't forget your roots. It's what fans crave

"Breaking a promise is the worst thing that you can ever do, and I promised the people that I would make this game happen," Yoshida said. "The fact I was able to deliver on that promise is a great relief."

The game will be even more fun if they delete necromancer

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:Just delete stealth from PVP, it's complete cheese and has
counterplay.

What does Reveal do then?

Even then the stealthed can be out of range and avoid the reveal.

Yeah, and?

...and thus avoid the reveal. Now give me an A on my analysis. Thank you professor.

Explains why theres no counterplay then if youre on opposite sides of the map.

@"Leafstorm.1349" said:As stated in above, 25k hits from stealth (deaths judgement), especially when all you have to do is dodge to gain that stealth are stupid. Why is this still a thing? Its beyond undeserved damage. I'd also love to attach the screen shot of it, but that option apparently doesn't seem to be there anymore. Amazing. If I were not a guild leader, I would absolutely find a different game to play. As a guild leader, I can tell you that I see people quit the game all the time from stupid "balance" like this.

Also, how about we fix the rev animation after phase traversal, so that we can actually see shackling wave instead of being hit for 12k out of thin air with zero chance to avoid or mitigate it.

I realize this post is a bit rage filled, but its for good reason. Also, I realize that instead of answering said post or working on literally anything, it will instead either be moved to thief or rev class forums where it will get covered up with PvE or WvW and quickly die off so that no one will see it. Go Anet. #1fanthisseason

Git Gud

I'm sorry but I never accepted the 25k damage claim.

My b, lost track of names. Additional counterplay - teammates. Your thief, mesmer, rev, whatever will be able to wreck that DE in seconds.

And, again, situational awareness. You should be making a point to peek at your minimap to see where the thief is. Get nailed the first time around, sure. You should never die to it twice, though.

The delay also makes it easy for the incoming CC to just end up accidentally evaded or something anyway, what with how many blocks, evades and invulns are flying around.

It definitely is a pain at lower ranks because you can't depend on your teammates, so if you're, say...a scourge at mid with no FB or something, then you're going to suffer.

On the off chance the CC DOES land, if you're quick enough a decent amount of classes can stunbreak/evade fast enough. Mirage will just...dodge, lol. Ele has a stunbreak + evade rolled into one. The warr will either shrug it off, accidentally block/evade it while doing other stuff,

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:Just delete stealth from PVP, it's complete cheese and has
counterplay.

even the counter to stealth (reveal) has a counter https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow_Meldso if the thief really wanted to, stealth would have no counter

not that any thief uses it, but that's more the issue with the other thief elites being in a much better spot

@melandru.3876 said:

counterplay.

even the counter to stealth (reveal) has a counter
so if the thief really wanted to, stealth would have no counter

not that any thief uses it, but that's more the issue with the other thief elites being in a much better spot

So whats the issue then?Theres a counter and 1 skill has a counter to the counter, point being there is a counter to begin with.

Depends what were talking about. Malicious Backstab in WvW? Yeah thats not really dodgable. Should be fixed, too. Deaths Judgement? Its got a half-second cast time, and the most obvious telegraph in the game. You get a bright orange line, an obnoxiously loud sound-effect and even an orange outline under your character. If you fail to dodge that, you deserve to get oneshot.

There are some desync issues with stealth where the stealth user exits stealth and does the attack but for the one that is attacked seems that someone invisible is hitting him and it looks like they did their full combo. It happens with all stealth classes thief, ranger,engineer, mesmer (the rune under your feet is good telegraph, so its bad when you get GS bursted, but you know you somewhat f up ). Also you are still invisible when precasting skills and you can't be targeted even though people can see the telegraph. And don't forget that GW 2 stealth is one of the worst implementation of it compared to other games , it is full invisibility not stealth.

@Vancho.8750 said:There are some desync issues with stealth where the stealth user exits stealth and does the attack but for the one that is attacked seems that someone invisible is hitting him and it looks like they did their full combo. It happens with all stealth classes thief, ranger,engineer, mesmer (the rune under your feet is good telegraph, so its bad when you get GS bursted, but you know you somewhat f up ). Also you are still invisible when precasting skills and you can't be targeted even though people can see the telegraph. And don't forget that GW 2 stealth is one of the worst implementation of it compared to other games , it is full invisibility not stealth.

I've seen desync issues with anyone who teleports (guards too). Sometimes they just disapear, you get wombode and then they appear with a flash of animations.

If you are talking about deadeye. You will hear a sound then You will see a dot on your head. That's your que to dodge.

If it's mesmer, you will hear a sound. There will be a 1 second delay. Dodge. Now you are safe

If it's ranger you will hear sic em. Dodge instantly. And you are safe.

I do say dodge. Because I only die to 1 shots some 2/10 times. I died alot to it when I was in gold. I hated it. I learnt these sounds and animations and then moved on.

@"Leafstorm.1349" said:As stated in above, 25k hits from stealth (deaths judgement), especially when all you have to do is dodge to gain that stealth are stupid. Why is this still a thing? Its beyond undeserved damage. I'd also love to attach the screen shot of it, but that option apparently doesn't seem to be there anymore. Amazing. If I were not a guild leader, I would absolutely find a different game to play. As a guild leader, I can tell you that I see people quit the game all the time from stupid "balance" like this.

Also, how about we fix the rev animation after phase traversal, so that we can actually see shackling wave instead of being hit for 12k out of thin air with zero chance to avoid or mitigate it.

I realize this post is a bit rage filled, but its for good reason. Also, I realize that instead of answering said post or working on literally anything, it will instead either be moved to thief or rev class forums where it will get covered up with PvE or WvW and quickly die off so that no one will see it. Go Anet. #1fanthisseason

You have 'Ruthless Legend' in your signature and you complain about attacks from stealth? Nice meme.

The fundamental issue here is that any attack that hits upwards of 25k can come from stealth in a team environment.

That is rare though because you aren’t going to see coordination like that in most cases, and there are counters to group stealth (engineer being an easy example).

If we are just talking about individual ability to stealth and one shot we are talking about relatively fragile builds that can’t stand up in team fights. 1v1 they might be too survivable for the damage but in XvX you have a better chance to take them down. Many oneshots can be mitigated heavily by other people taking a couple hits for the intended target plus a single dodge.

None of this is to say one shots are desirable. I just want to point out that one shots from stealth aren’t as big an issue if you pay attention to the mini map and coordinate. Stealth is either high coordination, low uptime or resource/time intensive to maintain. Once you figure out what you are dealing with you need to play around that.

In the last three months I haven't been one shot from stealth more than maybe once,I say once as I honestly cant remember the last time I have. With that said I've been otherwise engaged and stripped to 0 from a sic em ranger sometimes than I can count. There are far bigger bladder powercrept classes in this game to worry about compared to DE lmao the spec was gutted pretty hard.

Why are you acting surprised?Deadeye can hit for +20k from stealth.Mesmer can hit for +20k from stealth.Soulbeast can hit for +20K from stealth.This game is dominated by these kind of builds and average fight lasts for 1-2 sec. PVP in here require 0 amount of brain power, because all have to do is to sneak on an enemy and one-shot them. And that's literally the reason why i can't play this game more than few days per month - brain-dead gameplay. This game require at least 80% nerf in damage and healing so that fights would last on average for at least 30 sec.