War Eternal doubts [SPOILERS]

ugrakarma.9416

1. What place is this "dragon fall", is there any previous lore about this place? related about GW1? Mass of land that already existed or erected with the fall of kralkatorrik? Sidenote: It was very strange a square map in the middle of the ocean, it should better if they have done something like the Ring of Fire.

2. This association of Melandru/Mordremoth, Balthazar/?, Grenth/Zhaithan, What do you think of that?

3. Order of Crystal Blossom, I did not get well the dialogue between Caithe the commander. Where did they come from?

It's an island formed by stretches of land from the mists that fell down along with kralkatorrik. These pieces of land came from the Domain of Melandru, the Underworld, and the Fissure of Woe, back in GW we visited the last two: we went to the underworld to seal Dhuum (similar to the current wing 5 raid) and we went to the Fissure of Woe to, basically, help Balthazar with his war against his half brother Menzhies and his shadow army (which is incredibly surprising to see them around, this has really big implications as it suggest the war against Menzhies didn't end and he may as well be alive somewhere).

I wouldn't read too much into it.

From my understanding, they are fascinated with Caithe's transformation, seeing her special connection to Aurene as something to be highly inspiring. So they created this order and began to follow her. Jugding by her dialogue, it seems they take orders from her as their leader.

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:

1. What place is this "dragon fall", is there any previous lore about this place? related about GW1? Mass of land that already existed or erected with the fall of kralkatorrik? Sidenote: It was very strange a square map in the middle of the ocean, it should better if they have done something like the Ring of Fire.

2. This association of Melandru/Mordremoth, Balthazar/?, Grenth/Zhaithan, What do you think of that?

3. Order of Crystal Blossom, I did not get well the dialogue between Caithe the commander. Where did they come from?

Did you not play the episode?

dragon fall is kralk stuck under mist debris from the underworld, fissure of woe (balth's realm) and melandru's realm

they probably just took from the realms for aesthetics and gameplay opportunities rather then hinting at a dragon/god connection.

ppl form organizations around alot of things and they seem to be aurene worshipers (like how the zepherites are glint worshipers)

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:

1. It's directly shown in the first instance. Dragonfall, named after Kralkatorrik falling and becoming trapped, are chunks of the afterlives - specifically the Underworld, Melandru's domain (still unnamed), and Fissure of Woe - that were torn out of the Mists during Aurene+Commander's fight against Kralkatorrik.
  2. Yes it's associated with Melandru, Balthazar, and Grenth. No it is not associated with Mordremoth and Zhaitan. The choice of Melandru's domain over something like the Realm of Torment does imply they wanted to make that death-plant-fire analogy, but it's also possible that it just made sense to use for the Season 3 masteries they brought back (Oakheart's Reach).
  3. They're individuals who were saved by Aurene and started a military cult in service to Aurene. It consists primarily (if not solely) of Sunspears, Awakened, other Elonians, and sylvari. No they are not corrupted. They're basically non-pacifist Zephyrites.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:
  1. It's directly shown in the first instance. Dragonfall, named after Kralkatorrik falling and becoming trapped, are chunks of the afterlives - specifically the Underworld, Melandru's domain (still unnamed), and Fissure of Woe - that were torn out of the Mists during Aurene+Commander's fight against Kralkatorrik.
  2. Yes it's associated with Melandru, Balthazar, and Grenth. No it is not associated with Mordremoth and Zhaitan. The choice of Melandru's domain over something like the Realm of Torment does imply they wanted to make that death-plant-fire analogy, but it's also possible that it just made sense to use for the Season 3 masteries they brought back (Oakheart's Reach).
  3. They're individuals who were saved by Aurene and started a military cult in service to Aurene. It consists primarily (if not solely) of Sunspears, Awakened, other Elonians, and sylvari. No they are not corrupted. They're basically non-pacifist Zephyrites.

saw a couple of norn among the crystal blooms too

Well, this episode just blew a lot of speculations out of the water and some things were confirmed.

I observed this very closely since it is one of the details that were heavily debated whether Caithe is corrupted or not. As it turned out, I was correct in my observation that Caithe was never corrupted. It was argued that she grew crystals on her chest, well, before Aurene's resurrection, there were no crystals on Caithe, on chest or wherever else. After Aurene's resurrection, the crystals returned including the one on her chest. That proves that Aurene's magic has a way not to corrupt. That doubt is now solved.

About the trapping Kral in the Mist; I never was sold about this nor am I sold about Aurene's resurrection. However, it is plausible that Aurene will return using Joko's magic, that's kind of a given. So no surprise there. Although I'm still curious about this method of trapping Kral but as I suspected while watching this episode, there is no way to stop Kral from opening portals. When I saw this, I'm convinced that there is no trapping this Elder Dragon. I always doubted this method anyway albeit it is a very interesting solution.

Lastly the end of the world. I never doubt that it will happen, actually I'm expecting that the world will end since the cycle must continue. This episode says that the legacy of Glint is complete, yet I doubt that. Glint's goal is to stop the cycle while maintaining that balance. Aurene assumed to have maintained the balance but didn't really end the cycle. It's just a matter of time before the Primo and Jormag will wake due to the fact that they were forced back to slumber with an empty stomach. And who knows if the death of Kral didn't wake up the Deep Sea Dragon seeing that Kral crashed in the middle of the ocean. Not to mention, defeating Kral's Torment was releasing the magic of all those he absorb (Zhai, Mord, and Balt) and Aurene only absorbed the pure heart of Kral. I highly doubt that Aurene absorbed those magics, so I also doubt that the balance is restored. I doubt this is the last time Aurene and our heroes are wrong.

Overall it was a fun LW story, I believe it is the best LW story so far. My most memorable moment is when Aurene ate Joko, the delivery of that scene is just plain EPIC!