If 30k+ unblockable Arc Dividers and Rapid Fires are the new normal, what else should change? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

If 30k+ unblockable Arc Dividers and Rapid Fires are the new normal, what else should change?

coro.3176coro.3176 Member ✭✭✭✭

With the recent changes to Arc Divider, it seems the overal balance strategy is: buff everything UP to the highest current level of power creep.

With that in mind, what needs to happen to ensure other builds can compete on the same level? I offer some suggestions:

  • Necromancer minions have 300% more health and deal 300% more damage
  • Increase Life Blast damage by 200%. Shroud skills are now unblockable
  • True Shot damage increased 200%
  • Vault damage increased 50%
  • Backstab damage increased 100%
  • Engineer turrets have 300% more health and deal 300% more damage
  • SotM reverted to pre-nerf damage values
  • CoR damage increased 50%
  • Chronophantasma nerf reverted
  • Ele: completely forgotten as is tradition
  • All Healing Power coefficients are doubled
  • Damaging condi cleanse removed. Conditions now always tick out their full value in damage
  • Endurance regen increased 200% on all classes (so you can JUST DODGE LOL)

Comments

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

    If power builds can one shot people can Illusions Ineptitude Condi shatter mirage go back to one shotting people? It'd be fair if I run vipers because I'd be glassy and people can just dodge.

    The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

  • Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13, 2019

    'You call me Toxic. You're the one who made me this way'*
    'I am The Monster You Created'

                                              -Toxicity-
    
  • Mouse.7382Mouse.7382 Member ✭✭

    MMO-pvp-balance, just like life, is cyclical . The pendulum swings in the favor of those wretched warriors and others now. Sit back and enjoy the ride...its those stupid, stupid, stupid warriors turn to shine.

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

    life blast 2000+ range you forgot that.

  • iKeostuKen.2738iKeostuKen.2738 Member ✭✭✭

    "Ele: Forgotten as is tradition"

    Ouch, the truth it hurts! My sides!

  • Aridon.8362Aridon.8362 Member ✭✭✭

    Why not instead of all of this just scale toughness so that it works against power?

  • Aridon.8362Aridon.8362 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2019

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @Aridon.8362 said:
    Why not instead of all of this just scale toughness so that it works against power?

    Toughness does work on power. It just turns out negating 30% of an attack that would do 40k on a target with no toughness still leaves you with a one shot.

    That's why I said scale it so that power users don't 1 shot you.

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Aridon.8362 said:

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @Aridon.8362 said:
    Why not instead of all of this just scale toughness so that it works against power?

    Toughness does work on power. It just turns out negating 30% of an attack that would do 40k on a target with no toughness still leaves you with a one shot.

    That's why I said scale it so that power users don't 1 shot you.

    There are two glassy builds with true one shot potential, and then a ton of other builds. Bumping damage reduction from toughness to hit like the 70% needed to handle zerker and soulbeast leaves everyone else screwed.

    The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

  • Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭

    In D&D 3rd edition, when a Berserker comes out of their Berserker Mode they take damage(can't remember whether it was 15 hp or 15% hp). Maybe we should do that too.

  • Daishi.6027Daishi.6027 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2019

    @coro.3176 said:
    With the recent changes to Arc Divider, it seems the overal balance strategy is: buff everything UP to the highest current level of power creep.

    With that in mind, what needs to happen to ensure other builds can compete on the same level? I offer some suggestions:

    • Necromancer minions have 300% more health and deal 300% more damage
    • Increase Life Blast damage by 200%. Shroud skills are now unblockable
    • True Shot damage increased 200%
    • Vault damage increased 50%
    • Backstab damage increased 100%
    • Engineer turrets have 300% more health and deal 300% more damage
    • SotM reverted to pre-nerf damage values
    • CoR damage increased 50%
    • Chronophantasma nerf reverted
    • Ele: completely forgotten as is tradition
    • All Healing Power coefficients are doubled
    • Damaging condi cleanse removed. Conditions now always tick out their full value in damage
    • Endurance regen increased 200% on all classes (so you can JUST DODGE LOL)

    Guess Shatters should be unblockable too lol

  • BlackTruth.6813BlackTruth.6813 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2019

    Keep saying that a "classic GW2" expansion/server will fail boys.

    Right now is the perfect time to demand it because ANET clearly doesn't know what their doing.

  • Revolution.5409Revolution.5409 Member ✭✭✭

    @mortrialus.3062 said:
    If a power burst skill instantly does 30k+, why can't a condi damage apply 30k+ in dots?

    To get those numbers with a Build Power you need to invest in ferocity and precision, this is not required for build conditions. I think that's why.

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Revolution.5409 said:

    @mortrialus.3062 said:
    If a power burst skill instantly does 30k+, why can't a condi damage apply 30k+ in dots?

    To get those numbers with a Build Power you need to invest in ferocity and precision, this is not required for build conditions. I think that's why.

    Make condition damage abilities have double the duration if they crit. Now condi has 3 stat incentives like power. Now give me 30k condi attacks.

    The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

  • Meteor.3720Meteor.3720 Member ✭✭✭

    Ele is never forgotten ... have you guys all forgotten the very useful and frequent shatterstone buffs? That's all ele needs!

  • AngelLovesFredrik.6741AngelLovesFredrik.6741 Member ✭✭✭✭

    DH would still be garbage after this

    ~ God Tier Guardian

  • TorQ.7041TorQ.7041 Member ✭✭✭

    @Lighter.5631 said:
    says the scrapper who tanks everything by smashing buttons with their face on the keyboard

    That only really works on lower ranks. You will be obliterated in plat if u press everything. The cool downs are easy to tell and once it's gone. U get bursted to hell. It's far better to play sb warrior than a scrapper.

  • @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @exodus.7213 said:
    If your build has word CONDI in it it shouldn't also have BURST in it, and thats a major issue in this game, there is no sustained pressure dmg (except for when ele is attacking you) but I do agree you should have a potential to one-shot someone but at the cost of it being easily dodgeable and you being extremely non-tanky.
    Make people have a choice of what they want to run instead of it being a one build for one class kind of PvP that we have right now

    Also as an ele main (Ele: completely forgotten as is tradition) hurts

    If a power burst skill instantly does 30k+, why can't a condi damage apply 30k+ in dots?

    sure it can but in a period of time not instantly thats the whole point of it, it does a lot of dmg but its spread out over atime period that can be cleansed, but theyve just added more and more burst so to balance it theyve added more and more condi cleanse skills which is just stupid and is a wrong approach to balancing

  • Solori.6025Solori.6025 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @exodus.7213 said:
    If your build has word CONDI in it it shouldn't also have BURST in it, and thats a major issue in this game, there is no sustained pressure dmg (except for when ele is attacking you) but I do agree you should have a potential to one-shot someone but at the cost of it being easily dodgeable and you being extremely non-tanky.
    Make people have a choice of what they want to run instead of it being a one build for one class kind of PvP that we have right now

    Also as an ele main (Ele: completely forgotten as is tradition) hurts

    If a power burst skill instantly does 30k+, why can't a condi damage apply 30k+ in dots?

    Because Damage over time shouldn't be Damage all at once then over time as it falls off.

    Tingle my stingleberry

  • ProverbsofHell.2307ProverbsofHell.2307 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Berserker's only scary damage is from one skill. It's actually fine. It's hugely telegraphed and even has christmas tree lights.

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @mortrialus.3062 said:
    If a power burst skill instantly does 30k+, why can't a condi damage apply 30k+ in dots?

    cuz kite

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Arc deviders damage should wind up incrementally with last hit being the heaviest hit. Rapid fire and other skills should be similar to punish players for not evading and rewarding players for good timing. Obviously overall dps needs to be lowered as well

  • Widmo.3186Widmo.3186 Member ✭✭✭

    @coro.3176 said:

    • Ele: completely forgotten as is tradition

    Ahahahaha....hahahahha....hahah...hah..ha...

    Dont mind me, I just randomly spam 35 skill-buttons

  • Solori.6025Solori.6025 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:
    Berserker's only scary damage is from one skill. It's actually fine. It's hugely telegraphed and even has christmas tree lights.

    Deaths Judgement needs to have a word with you in the back

    Tingle my stingleberry

  • Arkantos.7460Arkantos.7460 Member ✭✭✭

    @exodus.7213 said:
    If your build has word CONDI in it it shouldn't also have BURST in it, and thats a major issue in this game, there is no sustained pressure dmg (except for when ele is attacking you) but I do agree you should have a potential to one-shot someone but at the cost of it being easily dodgeable and you being extremely non-tanky.
    Make people have a choice of what they want to run instead of it being a one build for one class kind of PvP that we have right now

    Also as an ele main (Ele: completely forgotten as is tradition) hurts

    THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you are able to oneshot someone, YOU SHOULD BE FULL GLASHOUSE and not thousands of dodges/blocks/stealth/invulnerabiity

  • Caedmon.6798Caedmon.6798 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2019

    You should remove the Unblockable part in the title as Arc on its own is not unblockable .They run either Sig of might ( Meaning they have wasted a defensive utility to get this ) Or using arms,meaning they ditched a defensive traitline to get the unblock effect. The way you state it now makes it seem that Arc is always unblock which is not the case.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arc_Divider

  • ProverbsofHell.2307ProverbsofHell.2307 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Solori.6025 said:

    @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:
    Berserker's only scary damage is from one skill. It's actually fine. It's hugely telegraphed and even has christmas tree lights.

    Deaths Judgement needs to have a word with you in the back

    Literally never died to this. DJ is terrible.

  • Aridon.8362Aridon.8362 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2019

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @Aridon.8362 said:

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @Aridon.8362 said:
    Why not instead of all of this just scale toughness so that it works against power?

    Toughness does work on power. It just turns out negating 30% of an attack that would do 40k on a target with no toughness still leaves you with a one shot.

    That's why I said scale it so that power users don't 1 shot you.


    There are two glassy builds with true one shot potential, and then a ton of other builds. Bumping damage reduction from toughness to hit like the 70% needed to handle zerker and soulbeast leaves everyone else screwed.

    Then the solution is to nerf those two? I mean I don't understand why you want to go the hard way about this.

  • Solori.6025Solori.6025 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

    @Solori.6025 said:

    @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:
    Berserker's only scary damage is from one skill. It's actually fine. It's hugely telegraphed and even has christmas tree lights.

    Deaths Judgement needs to have a word with you in the back

    Literally never died to this. DJ is terrible.

    That's the point. It was a highly telegraphed skill. Still nerfed

    Tingle my stingleberry

  • EnderzShadow.2506EnderzShadow.2506 Member ✭✭✭✭

    So, because there are hard hitting classes, everyone should hit hard
    And heal for ridiculous numbers?

    When is the last time you played a glass cannon type in PvP?
    Bunkers make up the majority of the Top Meta Classes

    Have you had the pleasure of fighting a bunker with a glass cannon?

    I disagree with your poorly explained premise.

    mhm, ok, sure, whatever you say, no after you, I insist, no really, please, be my guest,

  • Faux Play.6104Faux Play.6104 Member ✭✭✭

    @iKeostuKen.2738 said:
    "Ele: Forgotten as is tradition"

    Ouch, the truth it hurts! My sides!

    Ele can do 100-0 bursts in the current meta. It isn't as braindead easy as bezerker though.

  • iKeostuKen.2738iKeostuKen.2738 Member ✭✭✭

    @Faux Play.6104 said:

    @iKeostuKen.2738 said:
    "Ele: Forgotten as is tradition"

    Ouch, the truth it hurts! My sides!

    Ele can do 100-0 bursts in the current meta. It isn't as braindead easy as bezerker though.

    As the most glassiest thing in the game, they better be able to lol. But each patch gets a random nerf.

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @EnderzShadow.2506 said:
    snips

    its a joke thread.

  • pukish.5784pukish.5784 Member ✭✭

    Guardian Skills that have wrath names need to add wrath effect like angry voice or something.

  • FtoPScrub.5476FtoPScrub.5476 Member ✭✭✭

    I don't see a problem with these changes. Just dodge 4Head

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.