Bug? Borrowed scalescale mount will not fly for me, so I can't gather volatile magic for it. SOLVED!

I can't get the borrowed skyscale mount to fly. I have both the gold endurance bar and the teal bar above it, but when I press spacebar, nothing happens 99% of the time. (I did get it to hover a little bit above the ground twice, so that gives me some hope, but that was only two times in countless tries this afternoon)

The same thing happens with the borrowed griffon mounts for me too, I've never been able to get them to fly either, they just drop like a rock.

Sometimes my raptor won't jump when I press the spacebar, I had a lot of trouble in the storm tracking instance at first till it started working and I could do the jumps.

My spacebar works fine for typing so I don't think it's the keyboard. It feels like the game just doesn't register that I'm hitting it when I first mount up.

Does anyone else see this?

OK, I tried it again this morning and here's what I found.
The only way I can get the skyscale to hover is to be already mounted on it, and then hit the key to mount it again (no dismount in between).

When I do this, the skyscale hovers and moves forward. BUT, when I hit the spacebar to ascend, what the mount does instead is the barrel roll animation from the skimmer.

I checked the skimmer, and it correctly ascends when I press the spacebar. To get the barrel roll is a different keybind for me. So the skimmer is working correctly.

This is seriously weird!

I was able to get 10 volatile magic by doing this over and over and just aiming for the ones that didn't require me to ascend to get them.

But, I will not be able to fly to Kralk to get the blood if that step depends on being able to ascend on the skyscale.

Any ideas, anyone?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Check your keybinds? Make sure there aren't any conflicts between Mount Abilities 1 (default 'V') and 2 (default 'C'), space (Movement ability), and any other actions.

I will do that when I get on again later today, thanks. I have remapped V and C to other functions and changed those Mount Abilities to other keys, but I'll check again more carefully. Spacebar is jump for me on my character, and movement for mounts, and that works correctly on all the other mounts, so I'm really stumped on that one.

Edited to add: I'm left-handed so I use the mouse in my left hand; WASD and other traditional keybinds don't work well for me so I always change things around to the other side of the keyboard. It may be something that I never even looked at that could be borking things up. Cross your fingers for me! I want to FLY! :)

I went back to the griffon roost and tried the borrower griffons there to mess around with things. I ended up setting all my keybinds back to the default just to see if that would work, and boom! I was able to fly on the borrowed griffon for the first time ever! I'm going to slowly put my old settings back one by one, only the ones I can't live without, and go from there.

I'm able to use the borrowed skyscale now and enjoying it very much. Thanks so much to everyone for your help! :)