Recharging Teleport to Friend: Misfire design choice??

@KazukoHimura.2314 said:

@KazukoHimura.2314 said:I have it for lore reasons. My 42 disposables are enough for actual use. By the time I need to use the reusable again, the cooldown time is long up.

Its cooldown is tied to character tho so you can use it on any alts aswell.

Actually noticed that when I swapped characters to grab an item.

Okay, that makes it even more exploitable than i thought.

@Glider.5792 said:

@KazukoHimura.2314 said:I have it for lore reasons. My 42 disposables are enough for actual use. By the time I need to use the reusable again, the cooldown time is long up.

Yea there is a reason anet disabled the black lion key drop from map completing for an unknown time period, people were doing bloodstone fen over and over and over and over.

@Linken.6345 said:

Yea there is a reason anet disabled the black lion key drop from map completing for an unknown time period, people were doing bloodstone fen over and over and over and over.

Ye i figured, map could be completed in less than 2 minutes if you knew how to rotate properly. Was hoping it was something else though, since it was fun using extra teleports to friends to grind keys every now and then, or when doing lvl 80 keyfarm.There goes 200 teleports i have sitting in the bank :'(I hope they wont outright remove the key gain from the map, just fix this broken gemstore item rather.

amazing item. you will reakise how amazing when you desperately need to be somewhere and have no TP to friend tokens left. They are very hard to get outside of birthdays. Only 3 availablle as an achievement.

Worth every penny im9

@bbop.9706 said:amazing item. you will reakise how amazing when you desperately need to be somewhere and have no TP to friend tokens left. They are very hard to get outside of birthdays. Only 3 availablle as an achievement.

Worth every penny im9

Not at all. I believe they are one of the items that can come in the Black Lion supply box (or what is that log in reward called?). Plus they are a frequent (at least for me) drop from BLCs which I get a few of from time to time.

But I'm glad you find the new item useful! :)

@VDAC.2137 said:

@bbop.9706 said:amazing item. you will reakise how amazing when you desperately need to be somewhere and have no TP to friend tokens left. They are very hard to get outside of birthdays. Only 3 availablle as an achievement.

Worth every penny im9

Not at all. I believe they are one of the items that can come in the Black Lion supply box (or what is that log in reward called?). Plus they are a frequent (at least for me) drop from BLCs which I get a few of from time to time.

never got one in a blc chest of any kind

@bbop.9706 said:

Worth every penny im9

I'm surprised! In fact, I found it kind of ironic that the five BLCs I got from the Supply Drop (same day as this device was released) gave me three or four of the instant TPs! :lol:

But I was mistaken about the Chest of Black Lion Goods (looked it up now). They don't drop TPs -- sorry for the misinformation!

@VDAC.2137 said:

Worth every penny im9

I'm surprised! In fact, I found it kind of ironic that the five BLCs I got from the Supply Drop (same day as this device was released) gave me three or four of the instant TPs! :lol:

But I was mistaken about the Chest of Black Lion Goods (looked it up now). They don't drop TPs -- sorry for the misinformation!

Like most thing in this game, whenever you don't need something you have it in abundance.. when you need it, you never have it! ?

@"Ubi.4136" said:It's not meant for you to just "teleport" your way to map completion on a new toon, they sell waypoint unlocks for that.

Any sort of cool down makes it inefficient for the purpose of completing all maps on a single character, as you would be able to just take 3 seconds to walk through the next map after finishing the one you're on in the first place. Also, the World Boss portal (as well as multiple passes if you got them) already lets you get a few of the maps opened up.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:Imho 1h is too short.

If it were even shorter, everybody would buy it and never run across a map again. No more meeting by chance and helping other players. Just teleport to the tag and be done.

So 1h is... borderline in my opinion.

If someone was rushing somewhere, they aren't going to stop at a random person for a chat. Mounts already let anyone to just jump past things to get to their destination, if you need help, you could just ask for it, instead of hoping you get it. People are already always complaining they never get help randomly (as they never ask), so teleporting or no teleporting makes no difference here.

So I bought it earlier this morning after reading it could be used per char (even though I have 270+ of the "normal" ones). It worked fine at first and after going back to the first chars an hour or so later, managing to TP to another area with no problems. Then after I went to make something to eat, came back to port some more chars. They could not be ported and even though it had been almost 2 hours since they had last ported, the timer was still saying in the region of 57 minutes - this was not the case for the first few I did for the 2nd time. I believe there was a stealth update to make the 1 hr cooldown based on the character time, not the actual time. This is not cool and I will be requesting my gems back for the item as it says nowhere that you must play a char for 1 hour before using it again (and indeed was not like that 3 hours ago).

@"Lycan Nibbler.1567" said:So I bought it earlier this morning after reading it could be used per char (even though I have 270+ of the "normal" ones). It worked fine at first and after going back to the first chars an hour or so later, managing to TP to another area with no problems. Then after I went to make something to eat, came back to port some more chars. They could not be ported and even though it had been almost 2 hours since they had last ported, the timer was still saying in the region of 57 minutes - this was not the case for the first few I did for the 2nd time. I believe there was a stealth update to make the 1 hr cooldown based on the character time, not the actual time. This is not cool and I will be requesting my gems back for the item as it says nowhere that you must play a char for 1 hour before using it again (and indeed was not like that 3 hours ago).

From what you're saying it seems almost like any other buff (food/banner) that gets placed "on hold" when you swap away from the toon or exit the game.

@viniebc.9568 said:Well they had to disable the BLC drops from map completion because of this item...

Boo! :( They were a nice bonus for those of us who didn’t game the system or whatever. I don’t even understand how the portal device can be abused to complete maps any faster — who are you teleporting to that happens to be at every vista, POI, etc.??? — but I’ll believe you that they are and guess I don’t really care how. At least now I know why an unlimited TP has to have such a long cooldown.

EDIT: Just saw the post about the change to map completion bonuses being temporary — good to know! :)

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Lycan Nibbler.1567" said:So I bought it earlier this morning after reading it could be used per char (even though I have 270+ of the "normal" ones). It worked fine at first and after going back to the first chars an hour or so later, managing to TP to another area with no problems. Then after I went to make something to eat, came back to port some more chars. They could not be ported and even though it had been almost 2 hours since they had last ported, the timer was still saying in the region of 57 minutes - this was not the case for the first few I did for the 2nd time. I believe there was a stealth update to make the 1 hr cooldown based on the character time, not the actual time. This is not cool and I will be requesting my gems back for the item as it says nowhere that you must play a char for 1 hour before using it again (and indeed was not like that 3 hours ago).

From what you're saying it seems almost like any other buff (food/banner) that gets placed "on hold" when you swap away from the toon or exit the game.

Yeah, I understand your disappointment, but I don’t think that you have a cause for complaint: No other CDs work like that and aren’t we all glad that the primers and other buffs and boosters DON’T go by real time I read of in-game character time! The item just had a bug at first, temporary extra utility if you will.

The fact is the item as advertised said it had a 1 hr cooldown, no mention that you had to play that char during that cooldown period. Just like you can farm nodes every hour, you dont have to be there waiting for the hour to tick down. Its like me selling you a Mustang and then swopping it out for a Skoda after youve paid for it.

@Lycan Nibbler.1567 said:The fact is the item as advertised said it had a 1 hr cooldown, no mention that you had to play that char during that cooldown period. Just like you can farm nodes every hour, you dont have to be there waiting for the hour to tick down. Its like me selling you a Mustang and then swopping it out for a Skoda after youve paid for it.

Nodes don’t have cooldowns as such but rather a respawn time like enemies. Everything else that has a cooldown is by in-game character time, no?

@VDAC.2137 said:

@Lycan Nibbler.1567 said:The fact is the item as advertised said it had a 1 hr cooldown, no mention that you had to play that char during that cooldown period. Just like you can farm nodes every hour, you dont have to be there waiting for the hour to tick down. Its like me selling you a Mustang and then swopping it out for a Skoda after youve paid for it.

Nodes don’t have cooldowns as such but rather a respawn time like enemies. Everything else that has a cooldown is by in-game character time, no?

No, I disagree. you use an item and it says 1 hour cooldown, that means it will be ready in one hour, not that you have to be sat on that character, doing something or nothing waiting for the hour. There are plenty of examples of cooldowns that happen without you having to be there to do it and dont forget, it was working precisely this way until they changed it and it was reported as working this way, which is the only reason I purchased it in the first place. Waiting 69 hours to be able to put all my chars back at their original places is no QOL benefit.

@Redsnabba.9172 said:

@Goettel.4389 said:Just found out the CD is a debuff on your character, so you can use it instantly on another character.Maybe not a big deal, but it adds even more value :-)

Well i just found out that debuff doesn't expire when you aren't on that character so until that changes this item has SERIOUS issues that go beyond a probably too long CDSo you expected the debuff to disappear when login out? That seems odd to me.

@"kharmin.7683" said:From what you're saying it seems almost like any other buff (food/banner) that gets placed "on hold" when you swap away from the toon or exit the game.

Note this isnt a boon or food buff. It is a point in time use item, there is no boon or buff that is being used up so it should not (and was not) be treated as such.

I don't mind the 1hr cooldown much because most of the time for me one use is enough. If I need another TP more quickly I'll use a single use TP. Since I'll be using the Recharger most of the time the single use items should accumulate better.

What I DO mind is that when Anet adds an item that obviously would be great in a shared slot they don't increase the shared slot cap. Maybe even sell the Recharging TP to friend bundled with a shared slot.