[Bug] Domain of Vabbi bugged for Skyscale collection

The "Skyscale of Fear" requires you to "teach the class at Vehtendi Academy" (Glossophobia) but the map is bugged for the event "Protect the Priory explorer while he studies the academy's murals." He just stands in one spot never moving. Been like this for almost 3 hours now. Because of this you cannot get this collection item. Been trying to get enough people in to spawn a new instance but the map is pretty dead in terms of player populationThis is on NA IP 18.215.201.146:0

• Like 1

Also want to mention that killing the veteran at the end is what actually completed the step for me, not teaching at the lectern or simply killing the other mobs throughout the event - misleading clue (and with the large groups right now, it melts fast)

@"DarkEagle.7381" said:The "Skyscale of Fear" requires you to "teach the class at Vehtendi Academy" (Glossophobia) but the map is bugged for the event "Protect the Priory explorer while he studies the academy's murals." He just stands in one spot never moving. Been like this for almost 3 hours now. Because of this you cannot get this collection item. Been trying to get enough people in to spawn a new instance but the map is pretty dead in terms of player populationThis is on NA IP 18.215.201.146:0

Just a heads up - thats the wrong event.... See alot of people misled by false information. The proper event is this one - "Speak from the lectern to lecture against Joko's brainwashing before the instructor arrives"

I hope that helps you make some progress, the other event was bugged - but it was not stopping you. I got tricked too, and figured it out while standing there sat the podium rather forelorn, then the instructor was suddenly gone and I could interact with the podium and do the new event and it got me the egg.

@"inaho.2046" said:Just a heads up - thats the wrong event.... See alot of people misled by false information. The proper event is this one - "Speak from the lectern to lecture against Joko's brainwashing before the instructor arrives"

I hope that helps you make some progress, the other event was bugged - but it was not stopping you. I got tricked too, and figured it out while standing there sat the podium rather forelorn, then the instructor was suddenly gone and I could interact with the podium and do the new event and it got me the egg.

Pretty much everyone is aware that the Mora event isn't the one for the collection. However, it appears to be blocking the "Speak from the lectern" event from starting. I've been standing at the academy for over an hour, did the brandstorm and water djinn events, but none of the professors have left their lecterns. From map chat in 18.206.132.16:0, it's been like this for several hours now.

@Shaaba.5672 said:Also want to mention that killing the veteran at the end is what actually completed the step for me, not teaching at the lectern or simply killing the other mobs throughout the event - misleading clue (and with the large groups right now, it melts fast)

I'm having the same problem as others with the event not spawning but I did log into a map earlier where it was ongoing and thought I was in luck. About ninety seconds left in the event, I answered two questions -- correctly -- tagged some mobs and killed the vet at the end. I got loot from the vet but no credit for the cheeve :/

@"Shaaba.5672" said:Also want to mention that killing the veteran at the end is what actually completed the step for me, not teaching at the lectern or simply killing the other mobs throughout the event - misleading clue (and with the large groups right now, it melts fast)

I helped kill the thing at the end and answered two questions and didn't get flaming kittens in a blender. >:|

"You should never be unhappy to see another player." - ArenaNet

@notebene.3190 said:

@"Shaaba.5672" said:Also want to mention that killing the veteran at the end is what actually completed the step for me, not teaching at the lectern or simply killing the other mobs throughout the event - misleading clue (and with the large groups right now, it melts fast)

I helped kill the thing at the end and answered two questions and didn't get flaming kittens in a blender. >:|

Did you do it on the regular event or the bonus round?I did bonus round 1 question and killed veteran got no reward.Second attempt did normal one 2-3 questions 2 bonus and veteran got the reward.EditYou probabely have to answer the right thing not just chose 1 of the answers aswell.

@Linken.6345 said:

Did you do it on the regular event or the bonus round?I did bonus round 1 question and killed veteran got no reward.Second attempt did normal one 2-3 questions 2 bonus and veteran got the reward.EditYou probabely have to answer the right thing not just chose 1 of the answers aswell.

You might be onto something there. I did the event when it came up again (didn't have to wait too long, maybe 15-30 min), from the beginning, and answered a few questions correctly before the bonus round came up, and helped kill other mobs and the instructor, and it completed. :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is still bugged on ip 18.235.65.152:0.Additionally, Explorer Mora is bugged as well - and cowering in fear in the same place. Non-NPC Player characters keep yelling their help lines even at full health.People have been waiting 2 hours here, 1 for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...