I see big "Sic 'Em!" problem

Evil.1580

@Snellibee.2761 said:

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Here's how I feel about it:

Just to be clear on my stance:

I believe Sic Em range needs to be halved. This would allow the Ranger to maintain its damage output but force the Ranger to get closer range to use it, providing more counter play for close range classes that may catch it using gap closers or short range teleports. Most of the complaining is about Rapid Fire 1500+ range anyway. In close range its DPS is no more or less functional than a Herald or Holo ect ect, after it uses Sic Em.

Herald or Holo is in no way able to put out this amount of damage though. it's actually ridiculous how this is still in the game lmaoI literally got mad in their place watching this video

Now you're talking about the difference between sustained DPS vs. DPS burst, and the difference between hard to land DPS burst, and practical easy to land damage.

Heralds are used at top tier for a reason. DPS Soulbeasts are not used at top tier for reasons.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:I believe it is 40% merged or not merged is it not? Where are the tests and is it written anywhere officially?

it is +40%

+10% from loud whistle

• 300 fercoity from pets prowess
  • don't forget the stats from pack alpha when merged
  • +10% dmg oppressive superiority

then here asking for sic'em buff lol those guys

BUT BURST IT OMG RANGER IS FULL GLASShttps://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Sic_%27Em_Sniper

demolisher amulet (toughness)protection on dodge, that heals per second16 second cd healmobility on pet/greatswordstealth through pet/longbow

such glass, much wow

Before anyone starts taking ranger's seriously about sic em, please remember how they responded to this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/We-Heal-as-One-Feedback-merged

WHAO was so powerful it was nerfed in a day. A fit was thrown saying that rangers were now unplayable without a clearly op skill. Sic Em is insanely powerful, bad for the game, and completely removing it would still have rangers be a top tier class.

@"DaShi.1368" said:Before anyone starts taking ranger's seriously about sic em, please remember how they responded to this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/We-Heal-as-One-Feedback-merged

WHAO was so powerful it was nerfed in a day. A fit was thrown saying that rangers were now unplayable without a clearly op skill. Sic Em is insanely powerful, bad for the game, and completely removing it would still have rangers be a top tier class.

Where exactly is the Sic 'Em ranger top tier?Because I don't see many rangers in the top tiers or the top10.If Sic 'Em is insanely powerful where are all the rangers?Please, do not ignore my questions, I would like structured answer to a logical and structured question.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"DaShi.1368" said:Before anyone starts taking ranger's seriously about sic em, please remember how they responded to this:

Where exactly is the Sic 'Em ranger top tier?Because I don't see many rangers in the top tiers or the top10.If Sic 'Em is insanely powerful where are all the rangers?Please, do not ignore my questions, I would like structured answer to a logical and structured question.

Don't expect any reasonable response. Probably someone is going to post an unranked montage or a WvW video again to "prove" their point. The thing is ppl are literally shaking when they see someone playing Sic em. They create a forum post before the match even ends. They make "damage calculations" and use the word "OP" a lot. Most Ranger players probably don't even care about it being nerfed since it's mostly just a fun skill to screw with new players.

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:Yeah, I have to say, the thing that disgusted me about that video was the damage at high range on the longbow. Longbow is already the longest distance weapon, but giving it a massive damage burst like that basically gives nobody else counterplay unless they specifically have reflects.

Unstoppable Union tho

Please, do not forget the LOS.The Longbow range is its plus but also its minus.After the recent rework of some open areas, like the old Coliseum, there are plenty of things to hide behind.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"DaShi.1368" said:Before anyone starts taking ranger's seriously about sic em, please remember how they responded to this:

You want logic?heres some logic for you....Why not advocate for the top 2-3 classes to be brought down a notch so that Sic Em and many other builds/classes become more viable? if this is how you actually feel about a 40% damage modifier being "weak" and the reason behind Ranger viability at top tier play.

While we're at it, give my Tempest a 40% damage modifier, I could have some fun with that. Hell, make it a 3000% damage modifier because that still wouldn't make it a top tier build. Following your logic, there shouldn't be an issue with landing 900k churning earths because the rest of the kit is subpar and unviable for top tier play.... Ya know, I could get on board with that logic.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

You want logic?heres some logic for you....Why not advocate for the top 2-3 classes to be brought down a notch so that Sic Em and many other builds/classes become more viable? if this is how you actually feel about a 40% damage modifier being "weak".

While we're at it, give my Tempest a 40% damage modifier, I could have some fun with that. Hell, make it a 3000% damage modifier because that still wouldn't make it a top tier build. Following your logic, there shouldn't be an issue with landing 900k churning earths because the rest of the kit is subpar and unviable for top tier play.... Ya know, I could get on board with that logic.

Thank you for your point, which also points that even with the 6 sec, 40% modifier this ranger is not viable for top tier play (that is why I would like to see small buff). Which means that if it is not viable, players know how to deal with it extremely effectively. Which on the other hand points that not being able to deal with Sic 'Em at mid-low tiers is a learning issue. Which is okay! You don't know something - you learn it. But wanting to nerf and/or not buff a profession which is not able to offer a competitive gameplay, because it is too weak at higher PvP tiers, is hilarious :)

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Now my question to you is: How is this game any different than the synergy & dynamic of a first person shooter's: Melee Strike > 1 Shot Snipers > Assault Rifle Mid Range > Melee Strike? This game works the exact same way. Your Heavies are usually the strong Melee range, usually packing a lot of CC and single strike kill opportunity. Your Snipers are DEs and Soulbeasts. Your Mid Range Assault Rifle guys are the Reapers & Berserkers, which counter all the powerful 1v1 heavy duelists in team fight mid range with lots of AoE. Not many people have noticed that this game is a certain trend where Heavies > Mediums > Lights > Heavies. There are a few exceptions but normally this true, and it is in my opinion no different than a fps: Melee > 1 Shot Snipers > Assault Mid Range > Melee.

Oh so THAT's the trinity of this game.Not the tank, dps, healer of other MMO's.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Please, do not forget the LOS.The Longbow range is its plus but also its minus.After the recent rework of some open areas, like the old Coliseum, there are plenty of things to hide behind.

Noted. Unstoppable Union procs with beast mode so you could just wait to enter until you have LoS.

And when you do, like I was saying; it ignores reflects, and absorbs. Because that's definitely what unblockable means.

And at the same time, there's generally open maps like Foefire and Capricorn, but I guess that proves there's much more counterplay to it than just dodging. Just vote Coliseum.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Here's how I feel about it:

Just to be clear on my stance:

I believe Sic Em range needs to be halved. This would allow the Ranger to maintain its damage output but force the Ranger to get closer range to use it, providing more counter play for close range classes that may catch it using gap closers or short range teleports. Most of the complaining is about Rapid Fire 1500+ range anyway. In close range its DPS is no more or less functional than a Herald or Holo ect ect, after it uses Sic Em.

Herald or Holo is in no way able to put out this amount of damage though. it's actually ridiculous how this is still in the game lmaoI literally got mad in their place watching this video

Now you're talking about the difference between sustained DPS vs. DPS burst, and the difference between hard to land DPS burst, and practical easy to land damage.

Heralds are used at top tier for a reason. DPS Soulbeasts are not used at top tier for reasons.

Boyce recently used dps soulbeast in an AT though? Also imo revs are more favored because of their mobility combined with good damage. Theres classes that do the same and more damage than Revenants are able to do but their design does not work that much for conquest.

Rev just really fits the conquest gamemode, but they don't really do any more damage than other classes can do.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Ben K.6238 said:Sorry. Agreement ain't gonna happen.

It's blatantly OP.

blatantly OP? lol sorry but that agreement aint gonna happen either boi.Skill hasnt been changed for years but suddenly it's blatantly OP?

The skill was changed though...

It used to be pet specific but now its not, now it effects the Ranger too.

When was it changed?

Since boonbeast variants nerfed with moa stance, rangers been trying out diff builds to be effective... And a few equip zerky jerky builds and embraced longbows in their weapon slots once again... Now ppl who were used to fighting meele setup boonbeast build started encountering sniper builds... Now all they remember when dying is longbow hits or maul hits... and Now they ask for nerfs...

When's the Last time Ranger buff listed in release notes? 5 or 6 months??? Idk

I don't remember any significant buffs to ranger after boonbeast moa stance got nerfed ... So it might be players' illusion :p ... Idk I might be wrong

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

It's blatantly OP.

blatantly OP? lol sorry but that agreement aint gonna happen either boi.Skill hasnt been changed for years but suddenly it's blatantly OP?

When was it changed?

Isnt that obvious by what I posted?

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

It's blatantly OP.

When was it changed?

No it is not. Can you give me month and year?

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

It's blatantly OP.

When was it changed?

When they introduced Soulbeast...Merging with the pet for the 40% damage boost didnt exist for the first 4 or so years of the game.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"Ben K.6238" said:Sorry. Agreement ain't gonna happen.

It's blatantly OP.

When was it changed?

When they introduced Soulbeast...Merging with the pet for the 40% damage boost didnt exist for the first 4 or so years of the game.

Soulbeast has been introduced late 2017.The 40% dmg boost was introduced in 2013, but before that it has dmg boost too, just it didn't say it is 40%2 years no complaints and suddenly some people just want random nerfs.

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:Since boonbeast variants nerfed with moa stance, rangers been trying out diff builds to be effective... And a few equip zerky jerky builds and embraced longbows in their weapon slots once again... Now ppl who were used to fighting meele setup boonbeast build started encountering sniper builds... Now all they remember when dying is longbow hits or maul hits... and Now they ask for nerfs...

I don't remember any significant buffs to ranger after boonbeast moa stance got nerfed ... So it might be players' illusion :p ... Idk I might be wrong

Woooah. Hang on, first people want Sic 'Em nerfed, and now they want unstoppable union nerfed too? Ranger is 'arguably' the most reliant on their spacing at the moment, even with greatsword, given the amount of danger they're in of being nailed if they get in close. Longbow was scarcely played back in hoT days because of the amount of reflect/block projectiles most other professions had access to, and when they did they had to run a signet to make their attacks unblockable (granted, that ended up being a bug, but I think the point still stands.) Without the unblockable trait, it's relatively easy to align your defensive rotation of blocks and projectile destruction/reflect with their use of longbow. In a teamfight scrappers will render Soulbeast next-to-null if they don't have at least some access to unblockable. (I'm sure some of you want them to have to use a skill slot on it.) While I'm sure as heck someone's gonna' quickly come and tell me I'm either a Soulbeast main or defended an OP profession/group of mechanics, I'm not convinced by all this outcry of a nerf hammer. I'd like to suggest properly reflecting on the consequences of nerfing said mechanics and where that will leave the class. If the Soulbeast can't reliably 1v1 a fair amount of other professions in the game, they literally have no place in a team that isn't better provided by another profession.

Edit: Ranger is my most played class, by a longshot, but I actually refuse to play Sic 'Em Soulbeast because I don't like the playstyle. Not liking something and it needing a nerf are two very seperate things. I hate getting bopped by a deadeye the few times it happens and I'm like, "Wth is this damage!?". But after 20 seconds of blind fury, I think, "Well, I didn't juke properly or I didn't rotate my cooldowns well enough considering that I -know- a deadeye is in the game." I think the same should go for Soulbeast. And at the end of the day, sometimes you will just get bopped. It happens.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

It's blatantly OP.

When was it changed?

Soulbeast has been introduced late 2017.The 40% dmg boost was
, but before that it has dmg boost too, just it didn't say it is 40%2 years no complaints and suddenly some people just want random nerfs.

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:Since boonbeast variants nerfed with moa stance, rangers been trying out diff builds to be effective... And a few equip zerky jerky builds and embraced longbows in their weapon slots once again... Now ppl who were used to fighting meele setup boonbeast build started encountering sniper builds... Now all they remember when dying is longbow hits or maul hits... and Now they ask for nerfs...

Its not random... Its a pecking order.

On an OP scale of 1-10, it was probably a 5 at PoF release due to how overpowered some stuff was... they have been brought down a notch allowing sic em to rise on the scale to about a 9.. Shortly behind Rampage at 10.

Pecking order...

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

It's blatantly OP.

When was it changed?

Soulbeast has been introduced late 2017.The 40% dmg boost was
, but before that it has dmg boost too, just it didn't say it is 40%2 years no complaints and suddenly some people just want random nerfs.

I dont understand ur confusion. I believe he means from sic em creation up until soulbeast was added it only gave pet 40% damage boost and not ranger. Once soulbeast was added the player was than included in the damage multipliers when merged. Soulbeast is definitely way over tuned along with spellbreaker,fb, and holo. Where were all these ridiculous views on why a class isn't OP when thief and mirage xey's filled the forums lmao oh wait gues theres just more mains in the powercrept classes.