GS for thieves next elite

alejandro.2093

@derd.6413 said:@Alatar.7364Okay he was trying to be non forward due to spoilers but i cant simply recieve any more notes that i was mentioned here cuz of someone arguing about bs.Kralk fell to the ocean and we kiled him there if you remember correctly when you kill elder dragon its magic spreads out like and yes even tho Aurene eat almost all of it it as was mentioned before no dragon can absorb as much magic so part of it had to go somewhere. And since we are at ocean and water dragon is in ocean the magic outburst might awakened him like it did with Zaithan at very first episode. That is why I said it that is why he said it and that is why 50 ppl was disscussing it yesterday on Dragonfall map. I hope it was clear enough this time.

Hard pass on Exordium. I hate all the flashy stuff in the game. Wish the overall graphic design was the opposite. My thief wields two Aurete Dirks and wears a brown freaking Studded Armor with no gauntlets or pauldrons.

Switched recently from Claws of the Desert and a full Sneakthief outfit. The plainer the better, LOL. Bonus: people think you're a noob so you can surprise them. Assuming they don't have standardized models turned on.

@Taylan.2187 said:Hard pass on Exordium. I hate all the flashy stuff in the game. Wish the overall graphic design was the opposite. My thief wields two Aurete Dirks and wears a brown freaking Studded Armor with no gauntlets or pauldrons.

Switched recently from Claws of the Desert and a full Sneakthief outfit. The plainer the better, LOL. Bonus: people think you're a noob so you can surprise them. Assuming they don't have standardized models turned on.

This is a Thief of culture. Thief isnt supposed to flash at you like a freshly waxed Lamborghini you are supposed to see a Thief on 2 occasions when you are dying as he stabbed you through out of nowhere or when you are paying him for doing it to some of your enemies.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@"derd.6413" said:thief GS thread #79846519845123146874915

While I get your point I'd still rather see "Thief GS" threads spammed all day every day rather then wake up one time and find out Thief got Focus/Warhorn/Torch for next Elite.

Torch fit a lot better thief than GS thought. How do you expect a thief to do it's thieveries while wielding a huge shunk of metal. Torch is a lot better, you can use it's light to create shadows in which you can hide, use it's fire smoke as smoke field or simply burn the house you just rob.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

While I get your point I'd still rather see "Thief GS" threads spammed all day every day rather then wake up one time and find out Thief got Focus/Warhorn/Torch for next Elite.

Torch fit a lot better thief than GS thought. How do you expect a thief to do it's thieveries while wielding a huge shunk of metal. Torch is a lot better, you can use it's light to create shadows in which you can hide, use it's fire smoke as smoke field or simply burn the house you just rob.

This works both ways, how do you expect Thief to do its Thieveries when its revealing itself by bright flame and shedding light to places where there otherwise would be darkness and shadows =D

@Alatar.7364 said:

This works both ways, how do you expect Thief to do its Thieveries when its revealing itself by bright flame and shedding light to places where there otherwise would be darkness and shadows =D

you'd be surprised how hard it is to find something in a fire or with smoldering ashes in you eyes

@Alatar.7364 said:

"There is no shadow without light, the brighter the light the darker the shadow!"But all in all, it's just like what derd said, blinding your foe which is already close to be a thief specialty and e-spec tend to expand on specialties. Honnestly as much as i can picture a sneaky profession with a torch, I just can't picture it with a greatsword. What are the options? Bandit?

@Dadnir.5038 said:

"There is no shadow without light, the brighter the light the darker the shadow!"But all in all, it's just like what derd said, blinding your foe which is already close to be a thief specialty and e-spec tend to expand on specialties. Honnestly as much as i can picture a sneaky profession with a torch, I just can't picture it with a greatsword. What are the options? Bandit?

Option is for the Espec not to focus on sneakiness just as DD didn't.By saying I don't want Thief to have torch I meant that I don't want it, definitely didn't mean by it that its wrong that others want it. =D

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

Option is for the Espec not to focus on sneakiness just as DD didn't.By saying I don't want Thief to have torch I meant that
I
don't want it, definitely didn't mean by it that its wrong that others want it. =D

why dont you want torch for thief :(

It is just my preference. Just as others want Torch, I want GS.I got two reasons, one being that GS could finally be 1v1 or maybe even Teamfight weapon for Thief (not saying Torch couldn't, it is all about what dev comes up with, for me GS just sounds more like it).Second being that the new Lege GS might be the most beautiful lege in game and as it happens it fits my Character theme/look absolutely perfectly.But as I said, there is nothing wrong with wanting something else, this is just what I'd like. Anet originally advertised DD as Teamfighter and later as brawler, none of those came true so maybe it is time for simple 1v1 (since both Core and DE are not one as well).

PS: Yes I am one of those people who really want 1v1 thief.

I want 1v1 thief too but i would love to avoid FFXII happening to Thief right under my eyes if you catch my meaning xD

Well ye at least I think I do, but Thief with Gs doesn't necessarily
(or at all)
means it has to happen. Devs just need not to do it that way =D

Relying on Devs xD OOF! My goodness I am going to fetch my rabbit foot this will be hell of a ride xD

I want 1v1 thief too but i would love to avoid FFXII happening to Thief right under my eyes if you catch my meaning xD

Well ye at least I think I do, but Thief with Gs doesn't necessarily
(or at all)
means it has to happen. Devs just need not to do it that way =D

Relying on Devs xD OOF! My goodness I am going to fetch my rabbit foot this will be hell of a ride xD

Fetch two...

I know this would never happen because they wont add new weapons but I would rather spear with a focus on poison and venoms. Oberyn Martell anyone? GS could be done I think but it would have to be really unique how they use it kind of like mesmer or revenant hammer. Chances are though our next spec will probably be some kind of weird support thing since DD is suppose to be our 'brawler/duelist' spec.