[Merged] Fire Aura does not trigger any aura traits, e. g. Zephyr's Boon.

Guys I was soo ... frustrated for that reason, that they suspended my account in forum. Ehhh what to do. I have only hope that they will repair things in incomming patch ... till this moment I'm guessing no chances for anything. We have to wait and wait .... and naturally wait :)Hope that after this post they will not suspent my account again ^&^ but I understand that refreshing some problems (important one in the elmnetalist's life) ... can be ... not welcome.

@Milosz.5938 said:Guys I was soo ... frustrated for that reason, that they suspended my account in forum. Ehhh what to do. I have only hope that they will repair things in incomming patch ... till this moment I'm guessing no chances for anything. We have to wait and wait .... and naturally wait :)Hope that after this post they will not suspent my account again ^&^ but I understand that refreshing some problems (important one in the elmnetalist's life) ... can be ... not welcome.

I agree with you wholeheartedly I have not been able to eat or sleep it is affecting my life so much =(

As description says. Steps to reproduce:

1. Configure elementalist build for tempest and select traits which proc off of auras like aura share (water) or protection when receiving an aura (earth)
  2. Cast a shocking aura -- notice you get the protection and it shares
  3. Cast a fire aura -- notice you don't get the protection and it doesn't share

Still buged images if Aegis was buged for gurd traits the game would be blowing up with boycotts. Its an ele problem so most ele players dont even know its buged let alone most non ele players have no ideal that it was an effect to start with. I cant image devs are even looking at this bug due to the lack ele devs.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:Smothering Aura's condi removal still works at least when applied through "Feel the Burn!"

Are you sure?Mine didn't work so I had to put in soldier runes (remove condi on shout)

I tested it on myself and by aggroing the vampire bats at the VB flax farm. It removed the confusion from myself and the itzel. ARC also showed two outgoing cleanses.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:Smothering Aura's condi removal still works at least when applied through "Feel the Burn!"

Are you sure?Mine didn't work so I had to put in soldier runes (remove condi on shout)

I tested it on myself and by aggroing the vampire bats at the VB flax farm. It removed the confusion from myself and the itzel. ARC also showed two outgoing cleanses.

My bad I'm thinking of a different trait..

I am almost positively certain Anet already knows of this bug.

Also, seeing how long it's taking them to address a bug caused by something that should be inconsequential (a skill's name) is probably testament to the quality of the underlying code. :/

@"Skotlex.7580" said:I am almost positively certain Anet already knows of this bug.

Also, seeing how long it's taking them to address a bug caused by something that should be inconsequential (a skill's name) is probably testament to the quality of the underlying code. :/

It is certainly weird. Skills, buffs, debuffs, etc. have their own unique id (5677 in the case of Fire Aura) but rather than relying on the id it seems to be triggering off the actual name.

This is not the first time this sort of thing has happened though. During one of the WvW events(I think it was the first tournament) there was an achievement for killing guards in WvW but you can actually progress it by killing any NPCs with "guard" in its name such as those that show up at the end of the lv10 human personal story instance.

Exactly as the title says, using abilities that grant Fire Aura does not trigger Zephyr's Boon and other such aura traits, including with using Fire Focus 5 and Sunspot Fire Auras. This works with other aura abilities such as Air Dagger 3 Shocking Aura and Water Dagger 4 Frost Aura.This has been broken for 3 weeks already with no communication/comment from Anet. Could I ask that it please be at least acknowledged as a known bug/issue?