I am extremely exhausted with this collection.

@Astrolicus.3716 said:I am extremely exhausted with this collection, I just do not want to continue with this collection (saving skyscales at the moment). I want Skyscale now. I waited for the daily restart and spoke with Gorrik again to find out that we need to collect another 14 items. Why not give us the mount after completing the first part of the collection?

And I don't even have a griffon, and don't plan to put any effort into acquiring it any time soon. Some people just need to take it easier. Neither of them are really needed to play the game and have fun.

@Vavume.8065 said:The thing I dislike the most about these collections is that 99% of people (myself included) will all be following a guide from dulfy/reddit, this is not my idea of engaging/immersive gameplay, this is braindead painting by numbers. This process removes the self satisfaction of having figured things out for myself, because I had to rely on the community to figure it out due to how vague most of the clues are. Its terrible design and unfortunately you can see it used again and again in this game (coin collections etc), I'm so bored of it.

I completed the collections before the reddit guides were finished and they all were fairly reasonable to find. Griffon helped a ton. A guide is only for those that don’t want to put in the effort. It only becomes less immersive if the player chooses to use a guide.

Day 2 collection was a bit of fun and not so bad, it seems long but finding the scales was really the worst of all this because the hints were bad... (eg: on a mossy branch north of a mossy forest, when most of the forest is mossy. Or “shielded by wing”, but is quite a bit aways from the wing tucked under a tree)

Making us wait till reset is awful though, and does nothing but make sure I rush it before reset the next day. Today for example I’ll be home late, so I had to make sure I finished the collection before I logged off last night with no leeway.

Daily reset time gates that are not at least optionally skipabke with currency (à la Warframe) or with prices on par with that of griffin (250g being a reaonable for amount) are THE WORST design.

If you want to time gate at least make it reasonable within a day to complete multiple collection sets. a 5 - 12 hour time gate would be reasonable AT THE CURRENT amount/level of collections.(This doesn’t mean do something shady like next time around make it a 12 hour instead of 24 hour reset so you double the collection to get the same time. That’s equivalent to the garbage Destiny did with their XP)

@"Emberstone.2904" said:If I'm going to be artificially gated, I'm not even going to bother. The griffon stays in the air longer and flies faster, so the Skyscale collection/mount is not only terribly-designed content, it's a pointless addition to the game. I reinstalled GW2, hyped as hell for the patch, but now I'm mad that I wasted the bandwidth.

If it took 5 days because it was incredibly involved, that's perfectly okay with me, but because it takes 5 days for no reason other than "because," I wouldn't do it even if it were an upgrade over the griffon. I initially started playing GW2 to get away from MMO tropes like this. I'm not staying around anymore if Anet is going to commit the same sins MMO's like WoW do these days.

This is what gets me, the mount is a flyer , it wants to fly! Thats what dragons do, it dont live up to its potential. Dont clip its wings Anet it needs to fly!!

@Rayti.6531 said:What I find kind of amusing about those time gates is, that it does not counteract rushing through content but rather encourages it.

I am one of those people who usually like scavenger hunt type collections. I enjoy exploring and looking for things (e.g. coins, badges, etc.) and usually do this at my own pace without using guides.

Through the added time gates/daily caps however, and with the limited playtime I have available on business days, I feel rushed to complete as much of the Skyscale collections as possible to reach thedaily time gate.

This leads to me using guides, just to make sure I can make it to the time gate in time before reset, which for me takes all the fun out of the collections (the little fun that is left the way they are designed).

100% with you on this, I only finished the first collection today without realizing i'd have to wait till tomorrow for the reset to continue.This made me seriosuly regret not rushing through it the day the patch came out and rushing through the second collection yesterday despite my health being the reason I didn't play much yesterday.

I too feel completely encouraged to rush through it as fast as possible and that is completely taking the fun out of it for me as well and making me not want to play Gw2 at all when i'm forced to wait for the next daily reset.

@MoriMoriMori.5349 said:

@Astrolicus.3716 said:I am extremely exhausted with this collection, I just do not want to continue with this collection (saving skyscales at the moment). I want Skyscale now. I waited for the daily restart and spoke with Gorrik again to find out that we need to collect another 14 items. Why not give us the mount after completing the first part of the collection?

And I don't even have a griffon, and don't plan to put any effort into acquiring it any time soon. Some people just need to take it easier. Neither of them are really needed to play the game and have fun.

time gating isn't fun, is freaking homework