The Skyscale.. it better be worth it

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Tails.9372 said:

It excels at precision flying over the griffon. It’s even better when there are UM/VM orbs.

Like I said it's not really "excelling" with all the limitations.

It is. I’d play around with it some more and especially after you have all of the masteries unlocked.

Nope, even with masteries it's still too limited for it to be called "excelling". Like I said it's a a differentiator but nothing more.

It excels and precision flying as you have control over where it stops and can maneuver it around much more easily. What you’re disagreeing about has nothing to do with that but wanting extended flight.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:I'm disappointed that there is no mastery that either increases the flight bar or slows down it's use to allow for longer flight.And again disappointed that Skyscales much like Griffons are unable to utalize updrafts when they should be able to.

At least once we've unlocked the last mastery we'll be able to exchange endurance to charge flight time while clinging to a wall so theoretically it might be possible to fly forever if endurance regens as it does on normal mounts.Unless that flight bar is used for the jump and depleates instantly afterwards which will kinda suck.

If you glide downward, even at a sight angle, the bar stops depleting.

I know, so long as there is some flight juice in the bar you can hover indefinitely.What I want to know is if while mounted on a Skyscale the endurance bar regenerates like it does on all other mounts.If it does then we can cling to walls, restore our flight bar and jump off the wall, hover a while then climb and repeat allowing us to essentialy gain as much hight as the terrain will allow for and fly for as long as we like more or less wherever we like.

It does regenerate slowly as you glide downward but not enough for infinite flight.

What you described with the wall also won’t happen as the mastery only restores a small amount and requires endurance.

Not the flight bar the endurance bar, the yellow one all mounts have.I want to know if that regenerates not the flight bar, I know the flight bar doesn't regenerate unless you decend.

@Tails.9372 said:

@runeblade.7514 said:It excels at long distance climbing

Which is not of significance outside of JPs (which prohibit mount usage). It's often times more efficient to start at a higher part of the map and then use the griffon to get to X like if you want to get above the Modri Caverns in Istan and the springer is more than sufficient for everything else while also not feeling painfully sluggish in the process. The fact that you constantly have to cling to a surface in order to keep going is just an unnecessary pace breaker.

It will be significant when you want to climb the mountain instead of taking a detour that is in the opposite side of where you are now.

@runeblade.7514 said:and precision flying.

That's what it's supposed to excel at but it doesn't thanks to the limitations they put on this mount for no reason. It's like the turret system they implemented for episode 3. Remember those? Yeah, nobody cared. Great idea with a lot of potential ruined by bad execution.

Good news though, it does excel at it even with the limitation.

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:I'm disappointed that there is no mastery that either increases the flight bar or slows down it's use to allow for longer flight.And again disappointed that Skyscales much like Griffons are unable to utalize updrafts when they should be able to.

At least once we've unlocked the last mastery we'll be able to exchange endurance to charge flight time while clinging to a wall so theoretically it might be possible to fly forever if endurance regens as it does on normal mounts.Unless that flight bar is used for the jump and depleates instantly afterwards which will kinda suck.

I know, so long as there is some flight juice in the bar you can hover indefinitely.What I want to know is if while mounted on a Skyscale the endurance bar regenerates like it does on all other mounts.If it does then we can cling to walls, restore our flight bar and jump off the wall, hover a while then climb and repeat allowing us to essentialy gain as much hight as the terrain will allow for and fly for as long as we like more or less wherever we like.

It does regenerate slowly as you glide downward but not enough for infinite flight.

What you described with the wall also won’t happen as the mastery only restores a small amount and requires endurance.

Not the flight bar the endurance bar, the yellow one all mounts have.I want to know if that regenerates not the flight bar, I know the flight bar doesn't regenerate unless you decend.

It won’t regenerate while attached to the wall. I also don’t think it’ll regenerate fast enough to allow you to continually regain altitude. The reason being that if you’re above your max altitude, it drains your flight meter if I remember correctly. It’s not something that I personally tested when trying it out over the past couple of days though.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It excels and precision flying as you have control over where it stops and can maneuver it around much more easily. What you’re disagreeing about has nothing to do with that but wanting extended flight.

The ability to fly freely is part of it, the game dragging you down affects your movement and thus impales on your ability to fly precisely. Now you can still make precise movements but that was never the argument.

If you fly sideways or backwards you don't lose flight juice at all, allowing you to hover at any height that isn't above where you started. That's pretty neat. That combined with the jump mastery will make getting up somewhere nice and easy. The fact it gains a lot of height with just flapping and holding space makes it nice to have.

People need to get over themselves and stop expecting each mount to completely make the previous ones obsolete. none of the mounts have done this, which goes to show that Anet is able to create well rounded mounts that will continue to have their own unique situations where they excel.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

It won’t regenerate while attached to the wall. I also don’t think it’ll regenerate fast enough to allow you to continually regain altitude. The reason being that if you’re above your max altitude, it drains your flight meter if I remember correctly. It’s not something that I personally tested when trying it out over the past couple of days though.

Well you need the mastery to unlock the ability to regenerate flight and jump from walls first, the map Skyscales don't have that ability.Until I get my own Skyscale and unlock all the mastery's I won't be able to test it myself.If the Endurance doesn't regenerate even with the bond ability then that will be a little disappointing even if it does make sense to have that limitation.I like the idea of the Skyscale as a proper flier but I wish it was possible to extent it's flight bar, feels too small right now.

Worst part is they never gave ANY information for this. They never implied it would be a multiply day thing or gave any indication that certain resources were important.

22 day time gate is a pretty big deal for those who didn't just pup them out every day. I hope A-net gets hit hard for this so they learn that "DAILY" unskippable time gates are not acceptable.

Too much flight restriction on it, its also awkward as heck when flying by any surface, using the mouse buttons to move you may accidentally cling to the wall instead of flying up. It needs more freedom honestly if it had a jump like action that would allow it to scale walls then maybe, but as it is it just sits there and dont move. Its nothing over griffon really in its current state

@Tails.9372 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It excels and precision flying as you have control over where it stops and can maneuver it around much more easily. What you’re disagreeing about has nothing to do with that but wanting extended flight.

The ability to fly freely is part of it, the game dragging you down affects your movement and thus impales on your ability to fly precisely. Now you can still make precise movements but that was never the argument.

Precise movements is precise flying. What you’re wanting is infinite flying which is not what was being talked about.

@Teratus.2859 said:

Well you need the mastery to unlock the ability to regenerate flight and jump from walls first, the map Skyscales don't have that ability.Until I get my own Skyscale and unlock all the mastery's I won't be able to test it myself.If the Endurance doesn't regenerate even with the bond ability then that will be a little disappointing even if it does make sense to have that limitation.I like the idea of the Skyscale as a proper flier but I wish it was possible to extent it's flight bar, feels too small right now.

You can theoretically test what happens if you’re above the max altitude by using the tornado during the final meta. I want to say that it forces you to drop but I never remained in the fixed position to see how far.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

You can theoretically test what happens if you’re above the max altitude by using the tornado during the final meta. I want to say that it forces you to drop but I never remained in the fixed position to see how far.

The way it behaves on tornadoes is just another nonsensical thing about the way this mount functions. The gryphon gains altitude and can use it as an updrafts, but this one just descends and you’re struck. I got hit by it once and was wondering why there was a glaring inconsistency even if minor.

@"BrotherBelial.3094" said:I'd you want to know.if it's worth it, take one of the "rentals" out. Sure they look cool, but not worth the hassle imo, just like the Griffin was a waste of gold for the amount I use it.

Its a hard question to answer beyond, "perhaps." I got the griffon, and consider the gold well spent, because griffons are my favorite mythological creature despite not really being delighted with the addition of mounts to the game.

Jesus Christ, who on the development team thought that having to do all of this stuff just to unlock a new mount was a good idea? At least the Roller Beetle only had like, three collections to do and it didn't really cost that much to finally get it. I'm desk banging so hard right now it's not even funny OTL

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:Someone was talking about story achievements having to be completed for the collection. Does anyone know if this is true? Because if it is I can probably give up right now.

The Saving Skyscales collection (The collection after Eggs) requires you to find Gorrik in Suns Refuge. Suns Refuge isn't unlocked unless you've completed half of LS4 Ep4 - Jahai Bluffs and even going with a friend who's unlocked SR won't work, because you'll see Gorrick, but can't interact with him.

That's about all I know with LS so far as we (a friend and I) were on this collection yesterday and he had to unlock SR so we could continue together.