Warning, Wiki spoiler!!!

@Greener.6204 said:

@ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:Or you know... coulda just not visited the wiki...

Patch notes contain information for new players, veteran players, and everyone in between. Visiting the wiki after a patch is habitual for many.

On the wiki, players can take steps to help out other players, as one did <Gah!! Link broke template, sorry to those who clicked on it>.

So what's your point exactly? I get that it's a habit but at the same time the wiki functions as it should. It doesn't cater to individuals, it's there for everyone to use, including those who want to read the story outside of the game. So again, OP coulda just not visited the wiki.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:@"Greener.6204" Just visited the Wiki. The spoiler tag is not covering the controversial statements in the patch notes.It doesn't even work. So, I guess more than the template? is broken.

Okay, I was able to replicate the bug. It's a problem we've not been able to fix before. The majority of the time the spoiler tag should be working. If you see it not working, you you send me a PM telling me the browser you're using, and whether or not you see the links to "Guildwars2.com", "Forums", and "Support" at the top? Thanks.

@ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

Patch notes contain information for new players, veteran players, and everyone in between. Visiting the wiki after a patch is habitual for many.

On the wiki, players can take steps to help out other players, as one did <Gah!! Link broke template, sorry to those who clicked on it>.

So what's your point exactly? I get that it's a habit but at the same time the wiki functions as it should. It doesn't cater to individuals, it's there for everyone to use, including those who want to read the story outside of the game. So again, OP coulda just not visited the wiki.

By having the situation highlighted, we can work together as a community to find a solution that helps out everyone. Having people avoid the wiki is not a good solution.

@Greener.6204 said:

By having the situation highlighted, we can work together as a community to find a solution that helps out everyone. Having people avoid the wiki is not a good solution.

I very much appreciate your positive and helpful approach! I visit the Wiki often and spoilers have always been covered up before with some warning so you could decide whether or not you wanted to see them. I am glad to know that it is meant to continue to be that way. :+1:

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:Being upset at Arena net, or really anyone else for that matter, is incredibly entitled. There is only one person and one person alone to blame that you didn't play the previous episode in the months you had to play it.Eh I’m not really upset, lol, but thank you for your concern. I can see where you might’ve thought I was been I was angry, but that’s the net for you. Tone of voice is lost. The intention of the thread was to warn people of the notes and to let Anet know the notes were spoilerific.@"all cheats.3186" said:Lol after like 3 months its no longer spoiling it's all on you. If people cared so much they would have finished it by then, no idea why anet even apologisedI dunno, maybe cause spoiling the story that you’re selling isn’t good business practice? That’s like a book store selling a book but telling you what happens in it before you buy it.

So.. the trailers of every harry potter movie had to avoid ever mentioning the return of voldemort? I mean, spoiling their own story shouldn't be a good business practice, right?

Not quite the same thing but good effort.

How is it different?The spoiler in question is something that happened in the previous "movie".They're just summarizing the previous ending.

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:We're sorry that you ended up seeing spoilers for the previous episode. Note that the content of the wiki is created by the community, but beyond that it's now been several months since the last episode released and we tend to keep things spoiler-free for a week or two (with the exception of our Guild Chat livestream that has a heavy Spoiler Warning at the start).

If anet cared about spoilers, then they wouldn't force people to skip ahead and immediately do the chapter just so they can start earning spirit shards again, maxed mastery doesn't work now with the skyscale added to the list.

I didn't see the wiki, but it's already been spoiled because I have no choice but to jump ahead and rush through it so I can get spirit shards again.

There are lots of new players, and you had all these promotions for returning players to catch up, not everyone has gone through the story, why force them to spoil the ending for either a mount or to get their spirit shards again?

@Greener.6204 said:

Thank you for looking into doing that. Very helpful!

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:Being upset at Arena net, or really anyone else for that matter, is incredibly entitled. There is only one person and one person alone to blame that you didn't play the previous episode in the months you had to play it.Eh I’m not really upset, lol, but thank you for your concern. I can see where you might’ve thought I was been I was angry, but that’s the net for you. Tone of voice is lost. The intention of the thread was to warn people of the notes and to let Anet know the notes were spoilerific.@"all cheats.3186" said:Lol after like 3 months its no longer spoiling it's all on you. If people cared so much they would have finished it by then, no idea why anet even apologisedI dunno, maybe cause spoiling the story that you’re selling isn’t good business practice? That’s like a book store selling a book but telling you what happens in it before you buy it.

So.. the trailers of every harry potter movie had to avoid ever mentioning the return of voldemort? I mean, spoiling their own story shouldn't be a good business practice, right?

Not quite the same thing but good effort.

How is it different?The spoiler in question is something that happened in the previous "movie".They're just summarizing the previous ending.

That wasn’t really the point of my example and I won’t go down that path with you. Regardless, movie trailers don’t contain important information and changes to the class I play or game mechanics that have nothing to do with story.

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:So if I understand correctly, you willingly went to a gw2 wiki, a place with detailed information regarding the game and its story, found information on the story in a wiki that's designed to have... information, and you decided to come complain to Arena net for a wiki that they have no control over? THE AUDACITY

Freedom of speech

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:So if I understand correctly, you willingly went to a gw2 wiki, a place with detailed information regarding the game and its story, found information on the story in a wiki that's designed to have... information, and you decided to come complain to Arena net for a wiki that they have no control over? THE AUDACITY

Freedom of speech

That's not how that works, that's not how any of that works at all...

That's the downside to being behind. If you want information on the content you are up to and you have a bookmark for the main wiki page, you will be spoiled. Best to just google "GW2" and the thing you want to look up. The results always have the wiki on it. Or you can use the /wiki command in game.

I unfortunately have the opposite problem. Spoilers mean nothing to me. I find more value in how something is presented instead, and when I like what I see, I tend to like to talk about it. Just, people prefer me not to for a usually unspecified amount of time.

Must... share... experience!

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:That's the downside to being behind. If you want information on the content you are up to and you have a bookmark for the main wiki page, you will be spoiled. Best to just google "GW2" and the thing you want to look up. The results always have the wiki on it. Or you can use the /wiki command in game.

That’s what I did, but the spoiler tag didn’t hide the content as it normally does in the Wiki. I believe it’s been fixed. :+1:

Right now I’m glad to be behind and plan to get the Skyscale once it’s known how long it will take and there’s a guide to going through the process efficiently. ;)

@Ashen.2907 said:I am glad that the issue is fixed.

But if you choose to be months behind in experiencing a shared live story experience, as I am actually, then the onus is not on others to preserve secrecy of plot etc.

Still, sorry you took the hit OP.

Yea it kinda sucks, but I’m ok with it considering. However, I would argue that because the update notes contain various fixes, important changes and notes unrelated to story, that the introduction was a bit done in poor taste. Normally I can tell if something is going to spoil the story and I can skip right over it, but in this note’s case, it was hard to miss. Still I should have known better.