[SPOILER] I'm confused... how did the pieces of Mist land masses ended up in Tyria?

crepuscular.9047

Totally love the job of the devs bring back FoW to GW2, bring back so much nostalgia from the days of FoW runs to craft those Obsidian Armors... and also introducing us Melandru's realm (is the official name for the realm is actually call Melandru? ?)

But I'm so confused at how those 3 pieces ended up in Tyria, it was only during FoW Aurene started opening portals to Tyria; while Kralk had only been opening portals to different god realmsUnless I'm missing something about devoured magic is capable of returning back to its former form ?

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:Kralkatorrik broke apart pieces and sent them hurling. Some of those pieces would have gone through Kralk's portal too. I'd imagine that there's chunks of Melandru's domain in the Underworld and Fissure of Woe now, and a chunk of the Underworld in Fissure of Woe too.

the broken up pieces can fly through from one domain and land in the subsequent domain he opened into i totally can imagine that

but unless there's some explanation, i see some flaws

• Kalk was only opening portal to another god's realm in the mist, unless he was opening a portal to god's realm and another to Tyria at the same time; which definetly not the as we see in the cinematics of Aurene shot down Kalk and opened up portal to Tyria for Kalk to fall into, and the land masses fell onto him

• It was only during Fow when the portals to Tyria started opening by Aurene, that means either Kalk carried the piece from Melandru with him across 2 realms, or somehow he totally messed up the mist causing realms to overlap on top of each other???

I am very confused with that part of the story. Did kralk consume these god realms almost completely? Meaning, there is more or less nothing left:No underworld?No fissure of woe?No melandru's realm?

And how does that work with UW anyway? It included the hall of chains aswell. So did he consume the newly chained dhuum too? And where would all the souls of the dead go now to be judged?
And did kralk's death free dhuum again, or has aurene completely merged with everything from kralk?

So many questions sorry, but i am actually super confused.

Kralkatorrik didn't consume everything, but he did consume a bunch of things. So much so that human souls fled the realms (as brought up in the Olmakhan Camp). I The potion of the Underworld we see seems to be the Chaos Plains and Bone Pits, so I am doubtful that he attacked the Frozen Wastes and Hall of Judgment. That's probably where the souls went for safety, similar to them going to Kormir's Sanctum as mentioned in Episode 4.

Also keep in mind that the afterlives are not like Earth. They're closer to the Fractals in appearance, but larger. The Realm of Torment especially was basically the same set up as Edge of the Mists is. So there'd be a ton of emptiness for flying around, and under, the landscapes we saw in GW1. And I imagine that's where we flew around for the most part, as Kralkatorrik slammed into pieces of the realms.