What do we want the future elite specs to be? (We all know there coming)

MonkeyDo.6418

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

1. Steam-mancer: Engineer eliet spec focused on maintaining steam creatures; They rush in and do damage only to self destruct once the time is up. New weapon Dual Daggers. Their focus would be hard burst damage, with overwhelming expendable odds.

Dear god, no more AI utility skills for engineer, PLEASE. Turrets have been trashed, gyros have finally been removed as AI... don't repeat the same mistake a third time.

The idea is more akin to Eso's necro, you summon it and it has a beneficial effect. Example you summon one who heals; Alright but it can't be killed or harmed and it merely exists for a short time offering you a sizable benefit. Perhaps one can run forward and Explode in like a form of Kamikaze, they could also have one who reflects projectiles from a specific enemy forcing them to change targets from you to someone else.

Maybe one that does a hard cc then explodes; The idea is that they are expendable and self detonate once their task is done. They kind of act like mobile bombs who chase their enemy down and collide to do damage (Steam-punk version of the mushroom caps from HoT but when they dive they die.)

That's what the blast gyro did. Was not particularly good at it.

Well if they focused a Kit around it; Then im sure they would be able to make it work. Again its a different playstyle; And not every single E-spec needs to work with people. Honestly The only one from PoF I like is scourge and that is even iffy; And HoT I only liked herald (At first) , Berserker and druid. So Im under the assumption that they make what sounds cool at the moment; I don't play nor do I have a Engie so I don't know. Sadly I don't really have the insight to make a proper E-spec with it but I felt steam punk was a good way to take it especially with the steam minions from scarlet still being around.

Here's some ideas I like:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/635178/

• I like the idea of a sound-themed attacker with shouts and a warhorn.
  • Some people like the idea of a tinkerer to switch weapon modes. Could use basically any weapon in this case.
  • Some people think something akin to Batman or Arrow (the superhero) with a shortbow or longbow.
  • Some have suggested a staff to control lightning, or staff to control something.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Vagrant.7206 said:

1. Steam-mancer: Engineer eliet spec focused on maintaining steam creatures; They rush in and do damage only to self destruct once the time is up. New weapon Dual Daggers. Their focus would be hard burst damage, with overwhelming expendable odds.

Dear god, no more AI utility skills for engineer, PLEASE. Turrets have been trashed, gyros have finally been removed as AI... don't repeat the same mistake a third time.

The idea is more akin to Eso's necro, you summon it and it has a beneficial effect. Example you summon one who heals; Alright but it can't be killed or harmed and it merely exists for a short time offering you a sizable benefit. Perhaps one can run forward and Explode in like a form of Kamikaze, they could also have one who reflects projectiles from a specific enemy forcing them to change targets from you to someone else.

Maybe one that does a hard cc then explodes; The idea is that they are expendable and self detonate once their task is done. They kind of act like mobile bombs who chase their enemy down and collide to do damage (Steam-punk version of the mushroom caps from HoT but when they dive they die.)

That's what the blast gyro did. Was not particularly good at it.

Well if they focused a Kit around it; Then im sure they would be able to make it work. Again its a different playstyle; And not every single E-spec needs to work with people. Honestly The only one from PoF I like is scourge and that is even iffy; And HoT I only liked herald (At first) , Berserker and druid. So Im under the assumption that they make what sounds cool at the moment; I don't play nor do I have a Engie so I don't know. Sadly I don't really have the insight to make a proper E-spec with it but I felt steam punk was a good way to take it especially with the steam minions from scarlet still being around.

Here's some ideas I like:

• I like the idea of a sound-themed attacker with shouts and a warhorn.
  • Some people like the idea of a tinkerer to switch weapon modes. Could use basically any weapon in this case.
  • Some people think something akin to Batman or Arrow (the superhero) with a shortbow or longbow.
  • Some have suggested a staff to control lightning, or staff to control something.

What about explosive throwing daggers, something like gambit from Xmen. Maybe a magneto like one? That could be cool too.

@Lillbryschan.3281 said:Even though new weapons are fun, it would be so cool to be able to pair staff on Ele with Sword a la Gandalf, either main hand or off hand. I know, I know.. It’s not thought through at all. It might be crazy OP or extremely bad, but I like the concept of it.

i think the closest possibility would be scepter/sword off-hand

@derd.6413 said:

@Lillbryschan.3281 said:Even though new weapons are fun, it would be so cool to be able to pair staff on Ele with Sword a la Gandalf, either main hand or off hand. I know, I know.. It’s not thought through at all. It might be crazy OP or extremely bad, but I like the concept of it.

i think the closest possibility would be scepter/sword off-hand

Yeah, you’re probably right. But I like the idea non the less. :)

SPEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAARRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

And by spears, I mean a spec that uses a spear/glaive/polearm as a two-handed weapon. It would be set apart from greatswords by offering more versatility through defensive skills and range (180-240 melee range) at the cost of doing slightly less damage. And could perhaps be either dps-focused or burst-focused depending on the other weapons/builds the class has available. Personally I think elite specs are the best method for introducing new weapon types to the game in a cost-effective way (since "new" weapons must be brought to each class anyways with each batch of elite specs).

Mike Z said in an interview 3-4 months ago:

"We do not mind the idea of ​​introducing new weapon types. When we talk about elite specializations and what additional weapons we want to make classes available, there is a balance we try to achieve. So far we have been able to add value to each class due to the weapons we have selected." (source)

THAT MEANS SPEARS AREN'T OFF THE TABLE. Really though, any new weapon types would be a welcome addition to the game. I think they would definitely add value. New fashion wars, more theory-crafting, new animations to enjoy the game with, and more money for Anet through monetization of skins. I'd call it a win-win overall.

"We do not mind the idea of ​​introducing new weapon types. When we talk about elite specializations and what additional weapons we want to make classes available, there is a balance we try to achieve. So far we have been able to add value to each class due to the weapons we have selected."

Unfortunately, I believe this is the kind of misleading sentence that ANet usually use to raise the hype. The players understand "introducing new weapon type in the game as a whole" while the dev mean "introducing new weapon type which are new to the specific profession but still in the existing pool of existing weapon".

The issue with spears is that they are tightly tied to underwater and when you try to equip them they are automatically sloted as underwater weapons. They would have to introduce exceptions and modify the UI and we all know that for them the idea of touching the UI is like the idea of conquering the Everest.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Unfortunately, I believe this is the kind of misleading sentence that ANet usually use to raise the hype. The players understand "introducing new weapon type in the game as a whole" while the dev mean "introducing new weapon type which are new to the specific profession but still in the existing pool of existing weapon".

The issue with spears is that they are tightly tied to underwater and when you try to equip them they are automatically sloted as underwater weapons. They would have to introduce exceptions and modify the UI and we all know that for them the idea of touching the UI is like the idea of conquering the Everest.

I see how Mike's line could be interpreted like that, but I highly doubt that's what he meant. Because if that's what he means, then "NOT introducing new weapon types" would have to mean one of two things: designing an elite spec that either doesn't have a new weapon at all, or reuses a weapon it currently already has access to but with different skills.

Neither of these two scenarios is or was the norm at any point and would be below/worse than the status quo. Mike's line implies that people are calling for something unique that goes above and beyond the status quo (and he's saying he's not against it) so I'm pretty sure he means introducing entirely new weapon types.

You're right about spears; it would be difficult but introducing ANY new weapon type would be a huge task for the dev team. However, they're talented and if they received the green light, I'm sure they could pull it off. Just some examples of how spears could be implemented into the game to resolve the issue you mentioned:

1. Keep all underwater weapons/names/coding the same, introduce a new land-based weapon (named something like glaive, polearm, poleaxe, etc.)
  2. Recode all underwater spears as "harpoons." Then, "land spears" as everyone likes to call them would be an entirely new land-based weapon that reuses most if not all of the skins from the underwater harpoons.
  3. In addition to #2 or #1, to reduce amount of time spent designing new skins, and time spent rigging the spears to various models/enabling them for various classes, the spear could be tied to one or a few elite specs per expac. I mean for every expac anyways, classes essentially receive new rigs/animations since they're now capable of using a weapon they previously could not use. What does it matter if that new weapon is a spear (for which there are already rigs and animations) vs. a sword?

Beyond a pirate theme id really like..

A true shaman. This could be a petless Ranger spec or elementalist. Mace and shield. Fast long range lightning bolt attacks, healing water abilities and the ability to close and use imbued mace for cc and shield for defense.

I always loved the wow shaman but that tribal voodoo, element wielding spirit talker eludes me in this game.

As it is ele feels too glass Cannon and limited by weapon type. I'm unsure why mace has had no love in terms of opening it up to non soldier professions? I think they should open up Weapons to more professions outside of the elite spec.

Revenant: Greatsword with Varesh Ossa as Legend

It actually allows the Rev to channel 2 LegendsThe Rev gets access to 2 new Legends he can equip, either together or mix with the old legends.

• Legendary Prophet / Warmarshal (Varesh as Human / Dervish)
  • Legendary Margonite / Commander (Varesh as Margonite / Paragon)

(So you can go Dervish/Paragon | Dervish/Shiro | Paragon/Mallyx | etc.)

The Greatsword itself isn't strictly melee:

• If "Dervish" - legend is equipped it is a melee cleaving Weapon, utilizing wide swing attacks resembling the GW1 Scythe
  • If "Paragon" - legend is equipped it is a single target ranged Weapon, throwing the greatsword like a spear at the enemies (On-land Spears / Polearms please)
  • If both legends are equipped the greatsword moveset changes depending on which legend is currently channeled.(Dervish(channeled)/Paragon = melee moveset | Dervish/Paragon(channeled) = ranged moveset)

If any other legend is paired up with Dervish the greatsword will always utilize melee mode, vice versa if Paragon is equiped it retains its ranged mode while channeling the other legend.(eg Paragon/Mallyx(channeled) = ranged moveset)

Using greatsword without having equipped a Varesh-legend will default it to melee mode. (eg Shiro/Mallyx)

Greatsword details:

• Melee mode uses area/cleaving attacks, since the current sword/sword feels more like a single target weaponset
  • Ranged mode should be around 900 range, single target skills, faster attacks than the current hammer

Edit: To clarify my mistake about channeling 2 Legends

@"Raknar.4735" said:Revenant: Greatsword with Varesh Ossa as Legend

It actually allows the Rev to channel 2 Legends

• If "Dervish" - legend is equipped it is a melee cleaving Weapon, utilizing wide swing attacks resembling the GW1 Scythe
  • If "Paragon" - legend is equipped it is a single target ranged Weapon, throwing the greatsword like a spear at the enemies (On-land Spears / Polearms please)
  • If both legends are equipped the greatsword moveset changes depending on which legend is currently channeled.

If any other legend is paired up with Dervish the greatsword will always utilize melee mode, vice versa if Paragon is equiped it retains its ranged mode while channeling the other legend.Using greatsword without having equipped a Varesh-legend will default it to melee mode.

Greatsword details:

• Melee mode uses area/cleaving attacks, since the current sword/sword feels more like a single target weaponset
  • Ranged mode should be around 900 range, single target skills, faster attacks than the current hammer

I like this idea, but what would be the point of channeling two legends? It has been a very long time since I've played revenant, but aren't the legends just basically utility swaps? Are there buffs when channeling a legend outside of herald's F2? I'm not trying to be rude, if I'm coming off that way, I'm just curious what the functionality would be.

Edit: Did you mean you would be able to mix and match utility based on both legends? Because I really like that idea.

@Klowdy.3126 said:

@"Raknar.4735" said:
Revenant
:
Greatsword
with
Varesh Ossa
as Legend

• If "
    Dervish
    " - legend is equipped it is a
    melee cleaving Weapon
    , utilizing wide swing attacks resembling the GW1 Scythe
  • If "
    Paragon
    single target ranged Weapon
    , throwing the greatsword like a spear at the enemies (On-land Spears / Polearms please)
  • If
    both
    legends are equipped the greatsword moveset changes depending on which legend is currently channeled.

If any other legend is paired up with
Dervish
the greatsword will always utilize melee mode, vice versa if
Paragon
is equiped it retains its ranged mode while channeling the other legend.Using greatsword without having equipped a Varesh-legend will default it to melee mode.

Greatsword details:

I like this idea, but what would be the point of channeling two legends? It has been a very long time since I've played revenant, but aren't the legends just basically utility swaps? Are there buffs when channeling a legend outside of herald's F2? I'm not trying to be rude, if I'm coming off that way, I'm just curious what the functionality would be.

Edit: Did you mean you would be able to mix and match utility based on both legends? Because I really like that idea.

Don't worry, you're not coming off as rude, I made a mistake by saying "It actually allows the Rev to channel 2 Legends".I just wanted to say the Revenant gets 2 new legends and is able to use them like the others, by channeling each one of them seperately.What I mean by "channeling" is simply which legend currently is active.So if you're using Shiro-utilities he's currently being "channelled".

Yes, legends are pretty much just a utility swap. But there are some things that change based on the channeled legend, eg Trident autoattack inflicts a different condition based on the current legend.

Edit: Also mix and matching utility skills would be an idea for another elite-spec. It would probably cost Rev the "legend-swapping" mechanic as a drawback, similiar to not having necro shroud as scourge.

@Raknar.4735 said:

Revenant
:
Greatsword
with
Varesh Ossa
as Legend

• If "
    Dervish
    melee cleaving Weapon
    , utilizing wide swing attacks resembling the GW1 Scythe
  • If "
    Paragon
    single target ranged Weapon
    , throwing the greatsword like a spear at the enemies (On-land Spears / Polearms please)
  • If
    both
    legends are equipped the greatsword moveset changes depending on which legend is currently channeled.

If any other legend is paired up with
Dervish
the greatsword will always utilize melee mode, vice versa if
Paragon
is equiped it retains its ranged mode while channeling the other legend.Using greatsword without having equipped a Varesh-legend will default it to melee mode.

Greatsword details:

Don't worry, you're not coming off as rude, I made a mistake by saying "It actually allows the Rev to channel 2 Legends".I just wanted to say the Revenant gets 2 new legends and is able to use them like the others, by channeling each one of them seperately.What I mean by "channeling" is simply which legend currently is active.So if you're using Shiro-utilities he's currently being "channelled".

Yes, legends are pretty much just a utility swap. But there are some things that change based on the channeled legend, eg Trident autoattack inflicts a different condition based on the current legend.

Edit: Also mix and matching utility skills would be an idea for another elite-spec. It would probably cost Rev the "legend-swapping" mechanic as a drawback, similiar to not having necro shroud as scourge.

I actually like the idea of channeling two legends in order to mix and match utilities, but I have a feeling that would become mandatory no matter what role your trying to fill, just to maximize said role. I to agree with the the GS as a new weapon, and like your idea of having different niches to fill.

Well what elite spec I want?

Lets start with the heavy armored professions, let's call this part 1.

Warrior:

Warshaper (or any other fancy mystic sounding slaughter fellow name):

Weapon: Staff (Scythe basically)Swings a staff in battle and enhances its weapons and inspires his allies with its own battle thrill increasing their range and prowess.While your staff is in sheathed it possesses an adrenal blade to cut your foes. It's a melee ranged weapon but with high reach and a bit more magical than before. It has high cleave potential but also lots of soft CC and blocks.

Mechanic: BattletrancesYou gain a battle trance based on your main weapon and offhand weapon. Each battletrance has other benefits to your allies and costs resources to cast.You gain two different resources.One is focus, the other is rage.Rage is gained by taking dmg, dealing dmg, applying condis and receiving condis.Focus is gained through blocks (and reflects), applying and receiving boons and applying and receiving heals/barrier.Both account as 2 adrenal bars.You can choose which weapon is used with focus (defensive buffs/effects) and witch with rage (offensive buffs/effects).So for example you want to have a rage main hand axe and a focus offhand shield or vice versa.One handed weapon can only use one each and if one has the rage variant the other has the focus variant.Two handed weapons have always both.

Utilities: Consecrations: Buffets allies, splashes out Soft CC and grants adrenalin and barriers etc.

Role: Offensive support. Uses barrier, buffs and boons to empower allies and splashing out soft CC and debuffs to foes.AoE focussed in defense and offense.

Revenant:

Invoker:Channel the energy of Razzah the mist being. Empowering your bond with your legend of choice granting yourself new abbilities and might.

Weapon: GreatswordPower and Hard CC based cleave weapon.Focussing on conal dmg in front of you and pulls and immobs. "Rift" focussed and time delay focussed. For example: 450 range ground target. Shadowstep through the mists to the designated location and a prior shadow of yourself follows you with a Whirling attack. So restricted mobility and pulling enemies at one location is its signature capability.

Mechanic:Legendary Avatar:Gain the abbilities of the legendary Mist Avatar Razzah. Which allows you to wield your legendary skills to an even further extend.A new F2 skills allows you to channel your currently invoked legend to a further extend. Changing your weapon abbilities depending on your legend of choice.If you legendswap it will stay channeled and you will channel your new legend instead.It accounts as a swap and refreshes your energy.You cannot weaponswap as long as a legend is channeled with Razzah.

Each legend has a new role with its new gained skills:Shiro: Ranged hybrid based weaponry and burst and stealth.Mallyx: More Condition manipulation and Transference. More boon corrupt. Ranged based.Jalis: More blocks barrier, close range combat and chill applications.Ventari: More direct cast healing over time and boon support. High range support.

Utilities: Glyphs:Change their effect depending on legend currently invoked.

Special example:If you replace ventaris will with "Glyph of the Tablet" it will bind all Ventari skills to the revenant automatically and if you activate it it will burst heal.Or if you replace Embrace Darkness with Glyph of Darkness you will summon a rift that will continuiniously pull enemies towards its center and corrupts boons with each boon. Also it will be a channel skill but only on mallyx.Or instead if Rotes if the great dwarve you will have Glyph of Stone which will encase your enemies in the targeted area in stone.Etc.Elites and heal skills have special treatment here because they most often define a legend. Utilities are all pretty varied. Each if the four will have a specific role that will be presented in different ways depending on legends.

Role: Jack of all trades. Master of Choice.The role you choose will be your expertise.Be the corruptor. Be the ultimate healer. Be a guerilla fighter in close range and from afar. Be an unflinching fortress guarding your allies.Each legends complements others in some regard. So you can complement your playstyles accordingly.

Guardian:

Purger:Zealot of right and justice. Sacrifices virtues for wrathful vows. Each invoking a powerful will on the battlefield and increasing in power if used against debilitating forces.

Weapon(s):Dualwield: Gains access to offhand sword, mace and scepter. Gains access to dualwield skills.Dualield skills are somewhat charge based and have to be reloaded by using vows or purging.

Sword: Power based with active defenses.Mace: Support based with heals and boons.Scepter: Condition and soft CC based.

Mechanic: Vows and Purging:

Vows basically work like an overtuned virtue but in reverse. You activate the Vow for an active effect and after that it will grant you a powerful passive which diminishes in power over time until it fades away. So you basically "swap" virtues to keep the passives up instead of using their active. Vows also reload dualwield charges and grant them a special effect depending on Vow.A dualwield skill can have a certain number of charges (depends on mainhand weapon). The first charge gained is the last one used. Charges can be mixed. So you can have a Flame and 2 purity charges. The last one received is the first you will use.

There will be 3 Vows just like virtues:

Vow of Flames:Deal dmg and burn enemies arround you. Your critical strikes will apply burning to your foes. The duration per burn stack diminishes over time.

Vow of Purity:Cleanse Conditions arround you from friend and foe (wait for it) Heal for every condition cleansed.You will heal for a percentage of dealt dmg for a short duration. Percentage decreases over time.

Vow of Dominance:Break Stun and Stun enemies arround you.You will gain Aegis every time you get struck a certain number of times. Overtime number of necessary strikes increases.

Vow of flames will give you offensive/conditions based charges.Vow of Purity will give you cleansing charges and more water fields.Vow of dominance will give you defensive/CC based charges and finishers.

Purging:Purging is a mechanic that resembles dervish playstyles from Gw1 but it removes negative effects on you and enemies to empower certain effects.Purging will empower your currently sworn Vow and Grant your Dualield skills additional charges depending on Sworn Vow.

Purging will trigger if you remove a condition. Certain traits will give you benefits if you cleanse condis on yourself and certained punishments on foes if you cleanse a condition on them..

Utilities:Purge Skills (Surprize?) :Focussing on cleansing conditions on friend and foes and having special effects depending on who gets cleansed.

Role:DPS, aggressive CC role and group utility.Its the "selfish" guardian and is probably comparable to a berserker with weaver like skills in a guardian shell.Complex to play but very fast and hard hitting.

Side note: Number of new dualwield skills: 3x5x3=45. The animation of the dualwields will not be different though. Different charges are still the same skill but with a slight change in color scheme and effect. Movement and overall skills stay the same.So 15 new animations.

Hope you enjoyed the read.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

@Auburner.6945 said:I want Elementalist to be useful for once. If the future e-spec can provide that, I am down to it.

Like in what mode? Lmao elementalist is useful and has been for ages, just not as useful currently in pvp, but before PoF was amazing. So “for once” is probably the wrong phrase to use here

Well, I started playing back in August, finished developing all characters by November. After I started looking into my main class, ll I could see how we dropeed so hard in PvE meta after the MS nerfs, and other skills as well, and the class is no longer a favorable DPS if compared to DD or DH, and the excuse for being the top DPS on golem benchmark was the only thing I saw when speaking of how the damage needs to be buffed, now that we are no longer holding #1 on Large Hitbox and are #7 on Small one, I hope we get some love.

In WvW, Staff Weaver has dropped from the meta, it's viable, but not meta. And for Ranger players and other non-zerg classes, I would love to say that I get kicked sometimes as a Weaver if one of the known 3 were present ans the squad is full, even when in squad, you're not the one to get the FB and Herald combo first.

For PvP and roaming, we're rated lowest, been like that except the 6 months of Cele Ele, and even back then it was Cele, not Zerker and still tanky as it is now.

So pretty much my entire playtime of this game has been out of meta, therefore, I am surely bothered by how the class feels bad when playing in WvW, and PvP as I started of last week.

Let's continue:

Part 2:Medium Armor professions:

Engineer:

Amalginator:Proficient in electricity and alchemy. The Amalginator uses his specialized toolbelt to bring havoc over the battle field with devastating forces of lightning and explosives.

Weapon:

Staff:Ranged. AoE based weapon. Gain acces to different lightning fields and explosions. Additionally you have quicksilver like effects to emphasize on the theme of the spec.

Mechanic:Weapon Toolbelt:Gain acces to new toolbelt skills based on your weapon or kit.

Utilities:Amalgam Skills:Amalgam skills gain special effects when involved in a combo. Some are finishers, some are fields and some are both.They stun, grant boons, apply conditions, heals, barriers, reinforce, whatever etc.

Role:Backline supporter, Debuffer, Barrier applicant, quickness applicator.Offensive support.

Ranger:

Warden:Channel the spirit of your Totem animal into a powerful vessel to control the battlefield with the power of nature.

Weapon(s) :Double Scepter:Mainhand: Close to midrange AoE weapon similar to Revanant mace. Power based. Barrier applications.Offhand: Ground target 900 range CC weapon. Focussed arround pulls immobilization and protection.

Mechanic:Totem:You lose your pet.You gain a totem. Depending on archetype and pet family it will have a different passive and active respectively.You can no longer petswap.You can bind and unbind your totem at will. Either giving you direct control over it or binding it to your presence.

F1 positioning of your totem in unbound form./ Unbind your totem to the targeted location when bound.

F2 active based on pet family chosen for your totem.

F3 active based on archetype

F4 Binding and Unbinding your totem (accounts as pet swap).

Bound: Totem effects 5 ppl PbAoE.Unbound: Totem affects 5ppl and 5 PbAoE arround the ranger.

Passive:The passive is a pulsing effect arround the totem that is dependend on the archetype of the totem.Stout: Pulses barrierSupportive: Pulses CleansesVersatile: Pulses slow and crippleFerocious: Pulses dmgDeadly: Pulses bleeds

The F3 is the same as the one used by soulbeast but cast by the totem.

Utilities:Consecrations:Barrier, boon, stab and control based.

Role: AoE based Control spec. Area denial and boon based support.

Thief:

Whisperblade:Utilize the shadows to your advantage making yourself intangible in plain sight while killing with thousand cuts

Weapon:Sword: Fast attacks from range. Able to summon shadow blades to attack fast from afar. Shadowstep to teleport behind your target.

Mechanic:Whisper Veil:You are unable to gain stealth.Instead of gaining stealth you and your allies gain whisper veil. You are visible to your opponents but you are unable to be hit by direct attacks.You will lose whisper veil shortly after dealing dmg. Reveal will still affect it. But it will not disable stealth attacks it will only prevent evasion while veiled.

Utilities:Mantras:Blind foes, stealth allies, create short distance portals etc.

Role:Utility support, tank, dps.

Hop you enjoyed the read.

Last but not least:

Part 3: Light Armor

Necro:

Ritecleaver (dunno what name to give honestly so you can say this is w.i.p, ritualist isn't fitting here. It's like saying a guardian is a paragon or a monk, it's not the same but similar)

Weapon: Sword Mainhand:Close to Mid range cleave weapon. Can cut from afar similar to axe but is not range focussed. Can cleave multiple targets and is themed arround life steal and sharing life steal.

Mechanic:Ash-Shrouds, Ashes and weapon enchantments:The Ash-Shrouds are something completely different as we have seen before on a necromancer. You have 5 Ashes you can activate. From F1-F5.Each ash has a specific effect and will give you a unique shroud. You can freely switch between them but only one can be active.You will not gain new weaponskills by having a new shroud. Instead it will influence your 3rd weaponskill only, will provide unique buffs and it will grant you acces to a unique sacrifice skill.Ashes are similar to herald aspects so to say but bound to the class mechanic and not to the utilities.To maintain the Shroud you will consume Life-force. There will be many ways provided to keep your life force as high s possible.

Weapon enchantments are skills that depend on your current ash-shroud. Without an ash they are regular weaponskills.Ashes will give them special bonuses and characteristics like lifesteal, boon steal, CC, heal and overall utility changes. These skills will change completely and have different cool downs from one another.So you can have different kinds of gameplay. One is swap hevay and focusses on skill spam and one is camp heavy and focusses on buffs.And the last one is sacrifice heavy and focusses on area control.

F1: Ashes of the anguishedActive: Pulses DmgSacrifice: Strike down on an area with a spiritual explosion. Providing Life-force for each foe hit and bonus life force if you kill one.

F2: Ashes of the attunedActive: Pulses out Swiftness and alacrity.Sacrifice: Teleport to the targeted area and break stun in that area. Gain Life force for every stun broken.

F3: Ashes of the defiant:Active: Pulses out stability and protection.Sacrifice: Apply Fear to enemies arround you. Gain Life force for every enemy struck.

F4: Ashes of the generous:Active: Pulses life steal and regeneration.Sacrifice: Heals allies for a high amount. Gain life force for every ally healed.

F5 Ashes of the destructive:Active: Pulses Might and Fury:Sacrifice: Pull enemies on the targeted area, let them float and knock them down while dealing massive damage.

Trait exanples:-Gain life force when you heal an ally which life is full.-heal allies when you use a weapon enchantment

Utilities:Glyphs:Ground targeted. Focussed arround dmg mitigation, life steal, condition transfer from allies to foes, healing, prevention from corruption etc.Change effects depending on active ash-shroud.

Role: Support, Buffer, Might bot, Alacrity Bot, Backliner, Bunker

Mesmer:

Hexblade:Manipulate your enemies thoughts to your bidding. Bringing them pain and suffering while controlling the battlefield with your blades and your mind.

Weapon: Daggers:MH: 900 Ranged. Raw dmg, soft CC focussed like slow, cripple, blindness. Fast hits. Death by a thousand cuts.OH: Ranged. More area heavy. Interrupt focussed arround dazes and ammo based skills.

Mechanic:

Hexes:Your shatters get replaced with hexes. Continues debuffs that will have detrimental effects on your enemies. You can no longer summon clones. Everytime you would've summoned a clone you proc a special effect of your hex instead. Summoning a phantasm still works but instead of summoning a clone after it vanished it will proc your hex effect instead.

F1: Shame: Your foe takes dmg when he is not using a skill for a certain amount of time. Summoning a clone will deal dmg and apply confusion.F2: Burden: Your foe takes dmg when he is not moving. Summoning a clone will apply torment.F3: Clumsiness: Interrupting your foe applies slow and weakness. Summoning a clone applies daze.F4: Panic: Your foes get feared when they lose a boon. Summoning a foe will steal a boon.

All hexes have a fixed duration and cannot be prolonged.

Utilities:

Arcane:Skill that focus arround interruption and CC and dealing critical dmg when doing so.Some are charged focussed some not. Most of them are there to trigger your Hexes or to enhance them/making it easier to proc them.

Trait example:Shared Burden: Hexes will now apply to multiple targets.

Role:Pain in the ass control spec.Continues dmg applications and DPS.Zerg CC backliner.

Elementalist:

Spellslinger:With the utilization of not just 4 but 5 elements the spells linger bring havoc upon the battlefield. Rotating through the elements with spitfire like speed.

Weapon: Double pistolRanged focussed. Dmg focussed and depending on the elemental regular roles.Fire: power and condi dmgAir: Power and CCWater: Support power dmg.Earth: CC and condi dmg.

Mechanic:Elemental Chambers and Arcane Element:You have now 5 chambers of elements in a designated order. Like a revolver with its bullets. You can change that order at your will out of combat. You can have the same element at multiple positions. You can no longer use the attunement you want by pressing F2-F4. You will now only have an F1 that rotates to the next attunement.Attunement swapping now only has a CD of 1s.

Utilities:6 new utility skills. One of each type currently in elementalist.Heal Conjure:Conjure Arcane Riffle: Heal Focussed AoE heavyCantrip Utility:Surging Vortex: Skill shot line pullGlyph Utility:Glyph of Reloading:Refreshes your weaponskills and grants boons depending on how many skills have to be reloaded.Signet Utility:Signet of Arcana:Passive: Increases ferocityActive: Knockdown foes in the targeted areaArcane Elite:Arcane Impact:Huge dmg. Guaranteed crit. AoE stunbreak and Knockdown.

Note: All traits that have effects based on attunement will now also have an effect on arcane attunement. All glyphs will have a new effect for arcane.

Role: DPS, Line Based Control, Pierce based AoE dmg. Dueler. Eventually Roamer.

Hope you enjoyed the read.

A Guardian spec that transforms all of its light fields to dark and all its fire fields to water, and uses war horn with damage potential shouts.

A Mesmer spec that uses rifle, but the rifle has some healing potential.

Druid that uses rifle, for kicks and something new, but real bonus is that it can equip a second pet!

Give Warrior open fist attacks.

Engineer and Thief need greatsword because it's greatsword.

Rev gets warhorn too or dagger off-hand and legend of Aurene

Hammer Elementalist...Has skills to do with the ground.slams hammer into ground to cause a rapturesummons volcanoSlam hammer into ground to create an oasisSlams hammer into ground and bolts of lightning shoot up from the ground

Water skills must have extremely high healing coefficients... Make it a bruiser spec that can use builds with out healing power.