Remove keep requirement from warclaw mount

Shiyo.3578

@"Shiyo.3578" said:No, there was no one taking keeps and my EOTM "server" controlled them all for the entire 4 hours. Also who saves pots? lol The solo story dungeon takes ~15 minutes.

Currently have 500 of them stashed on one of my toons, and about 130 of them on another. I had the warclaw fully unlocked within 15mins of the patch going live. Many in my guild had that light bulb moment, and one of our commanders, who had to run 5hrs straight to complete the reward track, afterwards started storing them.

Unless you are working on a specific reward track with a goal, it's a smart play to save up your potions for future use. If at any time I need a Gift of Battle, or a piece of exotic stat selectable armor, I can have it within minutes.

@Straegen.2938 said:Knock down outer on some BL keep then call it out in team chat. People will show.

Especially if it's a daily.

• Like 1

The complaints I've seen tend to be more about the length of the Reward Track, rather than the keep. It was easy to get a keep on the same day and still is; you literally just ask people on the map if they want a keep, and nobody says no to that. Recently, I helped someone that was solo capturing a keep and killed the defenders in it too. I personally think Reward tracks take too long. Yes, I have hundreds of potions saved up for the next gimmick but not everyone can or will do this.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:Why not give it to everyone without doing anything, if you cant even bother to get a keep then i dont know man...

You mean like how PvE gets their mount for essentially doing nothing?

it's just silly, if you want to PvE, you're IMMEDIATELY handed a mount from the first super easy PoF story mission. This means that you don't fall behind trains by not having a mount and feel bad for multiple days as you work towards it.

However, in WvW, you're not handed it for essentially zero effort, it takes you days of suffering and falling behind/being slower. It makes no sense, and it's very clear the person who designed this collection has never zoned into WvW in their entire life. It's just a stupid additional barrier to entry to be on an even footing in a game that's entire design philosophy is you're always on an even footing because no linear gear progression and level scaling etc.

I literally logged into the game after weeks of not playing to unlock the warclaw, it took me literally 15 minutes to get the keep achievement. The longest thing is the reward track which is finished with full boosters after like 7 hours...

Sorry, but you must be really new to the game if you dont see where and when you can snack a single keep in the time of that reward track.

Days of suffering...please, can you be any more of a diva?

@RedShark.9548 said:I literally logged into the game after weeks of not playing to unlock the warclaw, it took me literally 15 minutes to get the keep achievement. The longest thing is the reward track which is finished with full boosters after like 7 hours...

Sorry, but you must be really new to the game if you dont see where and when you can snack a single keep in the time of that reward track.

Days of suffering...please, can you be any more of a diva?

Yeah I'm new to the game because I can't solo keeps 1vs20 or hack the enemies accounts in EOTM to make them take my keeps back so I don't have to wait 4 hours for it to reset.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Shiyo.3578" said:No, there was no one taking keeps and my EOTM "server" controlled them all for the entire 4 hours. Also who saves pots? lol The solo story dungeon takes ~15 minutes.

Currently have 500 of them stashed on one of my toons, and about 130 of them on another. I had the warclaw fully unlocked within 15mins of the patch going live. Many in my guild had that light bulb moment, and one of our commanders, who had to run 5hrs straight to complete the reward track, afterwards started storing them.

Unless you are working on a specific reward track with a goal, it's a smart play to save up your potions for future use. If at any time I need a Gift of Battle, or a piece of exotic stat selectable armor, I can have it within minutes.

@"Straegen.2938" said:Knock down outer on some BL keep then call it out in team chat. People will show.

Especially if it's a daily.

I was scratching my head about the potions thing too. I figured most people saved them for "need it now" moments.

@"Shiyo.3578" said:Also who saves pots? lol

I always save pots. It's a waste imo to use them until I have an interest in something specific. That means no time delay for me when I need a Gift of Battle or to monetize during Halloween or Wintersday.

No, there was no one taking keeps and my EOTM "server" controlled them all for the entire 4 hours.Often there are multiple maps. When there aren't, you can sometimes get someone from an opposing world to take a keep and retake it. Regardless, "4 hours" is just two cycles.

In effect, you're saying, "if I can't unlock it right now, the requirement should be removed." I understand the sentiment; it's just not an argument that's likely to convince ANet that there's a fundamental issue worth their time, let alone effort.

LMAO...... IS THIS A JOKE?

From Reddit: SKYSCALE

How do I start?Complete the story

DAY 1Skyscale ScalesRight next to Gorrik, near the cliff, at the start of the collection. By the Skyscale Eyrie PoI.Coast level, south of Pact Command. It's at the base of a pillar kinda thingTop of pillar, near the Pact Command waypoint. Get on top of the airship to get to it. Griffon or Skyscale recommendedCliff level, kind of high up but not where you got the blood for story. South side of a big tree at it's baseCliff level, on the top of the waterfall and on it's eastern-most endEffectively cliff level, on top of some tree branchesFloor level, big branch leading over the coastCoast level, south of Loathsome PulpitFloor level, acecssible in the same route you use to break his weak point with the new spear in the storyCliff level, accessible from floor level, north of Olmakhan Camp | Another PoV to help you find itFloor level...ish. Accessible from the floor level, but it's a floating rock over the coast so it's effectively a cliff. Can't reach from CoastCliffs, south of Virulent Wastes. Not the highest cliff, on the back side of a ledgeFloor level, in the Virulent WastesCoast level, west of Burning Forest WaypointCoast level and up a tree, west of Pact CommandCliff level, accessible from floor level, north of Olmakhan Camp | Another PoV to help you find itFloor level, you'll see it plainly on the ground right across from Pact Command under Kralk's scalesCoast level, inland near GnarlgroveCoast level, west of Melandru's Lost Domain WaypointCoast level, east of Grenth's RespiteSuicide level, just north of the death storm. Access from the north side if you want to live.

Medicine UnlocksVolatile Magic vendors in Pact Command, participate in meta events. Once you do 10 events per lane, you will be able topurchase the medicine from the respective volatile magic vendor.Sick Skyscale LocationsRight next to Gorrik's new spotCliff level, but you can approach from either the north or springer up from the southCliff level, just kind of hanging out in the openCliff level, under the big talon thingyCoast-ish level, on ledgeCliff level, be wary of HydraCliff level, kind of a weird approach from #6 but you can get to it in a variety of waysCliff level, simple griffon ride from 7Cliff-ish level, pretty easy to get to from ground levelCliff-ish level, on top of a treeCoast level, in a little hidden grotto type area. Grab an oakheart or portal to get back up quicklyCliff level, Kralk's wing again, but a bit different. Roughly follow the path shown - it goes inside a bitCliff level, on top of a treeCliff level, fairly easy to springer up to

Egg LocationsFloor level, near Gorrik againCliff level, easy to springerCliff level, short run from 2Coast level, but up quite a bit. Portal recommended to get back up quicklyCliff levelCliff level, on a treeCoast level, bring a portal to get back up quickly or be ready for a longer run back to 8 NOTE: GO TO 9 NEXTCliff-ish level, fairly easy to get from floor levelCliff level NOTE: GO TO 8 NEXTCliff level, short trip from 8Cliff level, grab an oakheart from the tiny marked circle to make your way up quicklyCliff level, on top of a treeCoast level, grab an oakheart to get back up quicklyCliff level, a bit of a stretch from 13 but quick if you got the oakheartsHighest level for Kralk's wing, on the same level as the roostCliff level, a bit of a drop from 15 but be mindful of how far you goCliff level, should be able to griffon to it from 16 but if not just a few oakhearts awayCliff level, should be visible from 17Cliff level, waaaaaaaaay on up above on a treeCliff level, plainly visibleCliff level, easy to get to via springer from the waypoint if it's available

What do I do now?You wait until next reset.:(

DAY 2Saving SkyscalesAll of these generate waypoints for the zones they are in so a picture guide is unnecessary. The more confusing ones have additional notes.

BEFORE YOU START:

The Blood and Life first steps must be completed to acquire the buffs to get credit for kills/revives. Pick those up from Dragonfall and Divinity's Reach first. After that, I recommend picking up the first step on all maps:Dragonfall (x1)Divinity's Reach (x1)The Grove (x1)Brisban Wildlands (x1)Straights of Devestation (x1)Lornar's Pass (x1)Frostgorge Sound (x1)Domain of Vabbi (x5)

After these initial unlocks are done, just pick a map and complete it out for all the waypoints. I recommend this order (but it does not matter which order you do this in):Domain of Vabbi (since you ended there, you can pick these up while you're still there)Jahai BluffsDomain of Kourna (Get the Dust Mite Tornado one while here)Domain of IstanThe DesolationElon RiverlandsCrystal OasisDesert HighlandsThunderhead PeaksMount MaelstromBloodtide CoastFields of RuinBlazeridge SteppesBlack CitadelBitterfrost (or Frostgorge Sound if you don't have that LS3 episode, requires Claw of Jormag event if that's thecase)Dry TopSub-Collections for Saving SkyscalesSkyscale of Water - Hanging Gardens in Zagonur Cliffs of Domain of Vabbi | Talk to the Water djinn (or event completed grandmaster) to obtain this egg.Ntouka Pond in Domain of Kourna, all the way at the bottomFlooded Castavall in Bloodtide CoastDerelict Delve in Desert Highlands (requires completion of Rune-Locked Doors achievement)Skyscale of Fire - Hanging Gardens in Zagonur Cliffs of Domain of Vabbi | Talk to the Fire djinn (or event completed grandmaster) to obtain this egg.Black CitadelMount Maelstromhearth in Domain of VabbiDerelict Cave in Desert HighlandsSkyscale of Ice - Talabaroop Waves of Frostgorge Sound | Marked with collection icon, short walk from the waypoint.Derelict Delve in Desert HighlandsThunderhead PeaksBiterfrost Frontier elementals or Claw of Jormag EventSkyscale of Earth - Hanging Gardens in Zagonur Cliffs of Domain of Vabbi | Talk to the Earth djinn (or event completed grandmaster) to obtain this egg.Quicksand in Crystal OasisQuicksand in Dry TopQuicksand in Elon RiverlandsQuicksand in Domain of Vabbi (one next to Necropolis)Skyscale of Air - Hanging Gardens in Zagonur Cliffs of Domain of Vabbi | Talk to the Air djinn (or event completed grandmaster) to obtain this egg.Get knocked down by a Dust Mite Twister (Dry Top or North East Domain of Kourna)Hidden Garden jumping puzzle in Mount Maelstrom (Access it through one of these events: Hidden Garden Keepers)Brand Tornado in Jahai BluffsSkyscale of Life - Plaza of Dwayna in Divinity's Reach | Right next to the waypoint, the NPC that gives Swiftness buffs.Revive +3 alliesRevive +6 alliesRevive +9 alliesSkyscale of Blood - Pact Command in Dragonfall | Right next to the waypoint/spawn point, near the tent.Kill +25 enemiesKill +50 enemiesKill +75 enemiesSkyscale of Growth - The Pale Tree's instance inside The Grove | There is a teacher surrounded by students with the collection icon.Brightwater Inlet of Desert HighlandsNecropolis of Domain of VabbiElon Flow in Elon RiverlandsBonestrand in DesolationSkyscale of Death - The Necropolis within the Domain of Vabbi | Near the hero point at the Necropolis' southern end.Exile's Rest in Elon RiverlandsBone Palace in DesolationTomb of Primeval Kings in Desert HighlandsChampion's Dawn in Domain of IstanSkyscale of Spirit - In the Venlin Vale of Brisban Wildlands | Near the ooze cave, but above and more east.Central Brand Scar in Jahai Bluffs, where the fake joko event happensAncestor Tree at Ruined Procession in Jahai BluffsTarai Ossa shrine at Deadlock Sweep in Elon RiverlandsProphet's Fall in Desert HighlandsSkyscale of Fear - Demon's Maw of Lornar's Pass | Near the Ogre camp, often has a collection event.Get hit by a brandstorm (Domain of Vabbi, Jahai Bluffs, Dragonfall, etc)Teach a class at Vehtendi Academy in Domain of Vabbi (requires this event - Speak from the lectern...)Get attacked by chickens at Ebonhawke in Fields of RuinBlazeridge Steppes (the walls south of Lowland Burns Waypoint where the Shatterer event is, up the wall. Requires springer.)Skyscale of Courage - Fort Trinity in Straights of Devestation | The only one of the initial collections which does not have an NPC. Interact with the symbol on a rampart near the waypoint.Camp Resolve in Silverwastes - East of the waypoint in the little hub thing.Joko's Sky Garden in Domain of VabbiPact Command in Dragonfall - On the airship.

Defeat your doppleganger at Augury Rock in Elon Riverlands (event? not sure there's another way - Meta Event: The Path to Ascension)

After Completing Sub-Collections: After you complete these, return to Sun's Refuge to talk to Gorrik again.

What do I do now?You wait until next reset.

:(

DAY 3Raising Skyscales (Part 1)Go back to Gorrik in Sun's Refuge and interact with the egg. Then you stare at it. Stare at it super hard. Afterwards, talk to Gorrik to advance the collection.To progress any of these sub-collections, acquire the items and return to Sun's Refuge. When you approach the hatchling your skill bar will be replaced and allow you to interact with it.

Skyscale CareCombine 25 Bloodstone Dust, 5 Globs of Ectoplasm, 2 Slabs of Red Meat, and 1 Charged Quartz Crystal to amke the Skyscale Food. You'll need 12 of these — you can buy from the TP or get the total 300 Bloodstone, 60 Ecto, 24 Red Meat, and 12 Charged Quartz.Take the food to Sun's Refuge to feed the hatchling. Feed the hatchling 3 times. (3/12)YOU CAN ONLY FEED THE HATCHLLING 3 TIMES A DAY. This sub-collection will take a minimum of 4 days to complete as a result.Skysale TreatsKill any of these creatures for a chance (not guaranteed) drop. Champion versions have higher drop rates. Acquire the treat then return it to Sun's Refuge:KarkaSand LionIbogaDesert Insects (???)JacarandaSand EelsRock GazellesSand SharksBatsSkaleSkelkSpidersMinotaurWyvern

Will try to find good farm spots and update later.

Skysale ToysBuy these items then return to Sun's Refuge:Hardy Ball - 1 Gold, bottom-ish level of Vehtendi Academy. Look for the collection icon on the map.Bird Whistle - 2 Gold, just across the bridge of the Gladefall Waypoint in Northern Iron Marches.Heavy-Duty Dolyak Blanket - 3 Gold, Heart vendor to the west of Afgar's Waypoint in Central Lornar's Pass.Used Grow Lamp - Craft it with 400 Jewelcrafting + unlocking the recipe from Dry Top Tier 3 or higher (45-60 Geodes) or buy it from the Trading Post.

These are all pretty easy to find so no picture guide

What do I do now?You wait until reset.:(

DAY 4Raising Skyscales (Part 2)Continue with:Skyscale CareFeed the hatchling 3 more times. (6/12)

What do I do now?You wait until next reset. Complete any part of Skyscale Treats you have not completed yet.:(

DAY 5Raising Skyscales (Part 3)Continue with:Skyscale CareFeed the hatchling 3 more times. (9/12)

What do I do now?You wait until next reset. Complete any part of Skyscale Treats you have not completed yet.:(

DAY 6Raising Skyscales (Part 4)Continue with:Skyscale CareFeed the hatchling 3 more times. (12/12)

• 3 years later...
On 5/11/2019 at 2:03 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

Doing WvW without a mount is a completely unbearable miserable experience. Keeps are rarely taken, it makes getting this mount take ages.

Remove this requirement.

As a recently returning player I have to say I agree with this sentiment - I have been attempting to capture a keep over the past few days, often spending up to 3 hours just sitting around trying to get one but it seems impossible to do without warclaw - I post in team chat if there are any groups going for keeps and noone responds, I see groups start to attack the keeps on the map but I can't make it in time from the spawn waypoint without the warclaw, and you can't even use teleport to friend. It seems like the only way to realistically get this requirement is to hang out around an enemy keep for hours a day and hope it's successfully taken down.

I see posts comparing it to the skyscale but I don't think its comparable - you literally can't participate in WvW zergs now without a warclaw, whereas the skyscale is a convenience and not required for any content. I have some friends that I convinced to try the game and they are having fun with the PvE stuff, but they lost interest fast in WvW because they couldn't keep up with the zerg.

Edited by Malingos.9751
  • Confused 3

25 minutes ago, Malingos.9751 said:

As a recently returning player I have to say I agree with this sentiment - I have been attempting to capture a keep over the past few days, often spending up to 3 hours just sitting around trying to get one but it seems impossible to do without warclaw - I post in team chat if there are any groups going for keeps and noone responds, I see groups start to attack the keeps on the map but I can't make it in time from the spawn waypoint without the warclaw, and you can't even use teleport to friend. It seems like the only way to realistically get this requirement is to hang out around an enemy keep for hours a day and hope it's successfully taken down.

I see posts comparing it to the skyscale but I don't think its comparable - you literally can't participate in WvW zergs now without a warclaw, whereas the skyscale is a convenience and not required for any content. I have some friends that I convinced to try the game and they are having fun with the PvE stuff, but they lost interest fast in WvW because they couldn't keep up with the zerg.

Erm...did you bother reading through all the responses to the original post?? If you had you'd have noticed several mentioning that all you need to do is kill the guards outside the keep (kill 2-3 just to be safe) and so long as you're still on the map when the keep flips (to your team) you'll get credit for the keep capture.  Even if it's hours later.  Just wait until keep capture is a daily, go to any of the borderland maps (skip EBG as the keeps there are far less likely to be flipped) and focus on the keeps that haven't been upgraded (the ones w/o the badge icon over the circle in the center of the keep) and there's a strong chance it will be flipped within the hour.

• Like 2