What is this new readme file in the game file?

It just got added today the thing is kitten huge and seems to infer all kinds of regulations on us playing the game. This from companies that are not anet. Why is this in here, and is this causing my game to crash for the first time ever.

If you want to know what im talking about open your gw2 folder in big capital letters at the bottom of the list of files is one added today that is called...3RD PARTY SOFTWARE README.

@"Trise.2865" said:What mods are you using?

I USE ARCDPS thats allBut i just unistalled it, sounds like addons are going bye bye . Just adding the game wouldnt play at all with arcdps , i keep getting a popup that says remove addon. I cant be the only one with this file, ill post a snippet of it so you can see. There is wayyy more than this though.

------------------------------------*google-glog's symbolization libraryhttp://code.google.com/p/google-glog/

// Copyright © 2006, Google Inc.// All rights reserved.//// Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without// modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are// met://// Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright// notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.// Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above// copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer// in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the// distribution.// * Neither the name of Google Inc. nor the names of its// contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from// this software without specific prior written permission.//// THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS// "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT// LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR// A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT// OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,// SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT// LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,// DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY// THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT// (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE// OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

------------------------------------*valgrindhttp://valgrind.org

Notice that the following BSD-style license applies to the Valgrind headerfiles used by Chromium (valgrind.h and memcheck.h). However, the rest ofValgrind is licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License,version 2, unless otherwise indicated.

Copyright © 2000-2008 Julian Seward. All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or withoutmodification, are permitted provided that the following conditionsare met:

1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyrightnotice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

2. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you mustnot claim that you wrote the original software. If you use thissoftware in a product, an acknowledgment in the productdocumentation would be appreciated but is not required.

3. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and mustnot be misrepresented as being the original software.

4. The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promoteproducts derived from this software without specific prior writtenpermission.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSOR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIEDWARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSEARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANYDIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIALDAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTEGOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESSINTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDINGNEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THISSOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

xdg-mimehttp://freedesktop.org

Licensed under the Academic Free License version 2.0 (below)Or under the following terms:

This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/ormodify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General PublicLicense as published by the Free Software Foundation; eitherversion 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty ofMERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNULesser General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General PublicLicense along with this library; if not, write to theFree Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330,Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.

That is hardly new. The client some software libraries that are free to use but their license requires distributing the stuff included in that file.

Example from the very beginning

• Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
  • Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation ...

It exist to comply with the various licenses

@Khisanth.2948 said:That is hardly new. The client some software libraries that are free to use but their license requires distributing the stuff included in that file.

Example from the very beginning

• Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
  • Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation ...

It exist to comply with the various licenses

I never had this file in my game file before today. Well if i did it was inside another file i couldnt read maybe.

Not every tech used in the game belongs to arenanet. That's why they need this to comply with licenses and for people to know what 3rd party techs they used and were used properly. Say...a possible example would be data compression. Gw2's folder structure isn't loose and most resources are packed into more singular compressed files. The license for this is found at the text file. Can also confirm that the file is old. Mine's date of creation is 2016.

If your client is crashing. Look for something else. Quite possibly your arcdps. Download an updated version or something, This .txt file you are mentioning is more harmless than the skyscale collection quest. I have absolutely no idea what that popup saying remove addon is either.