Longbow + gs vs longbow + sword/warhorn for WvW roaming?

Joshewwah.2956

on which one is better depends entirely on the build you're wanting to run. They'll probably be roughly the same, but greatsword definitely has a lot more defense built into it (in my opinion) and has quite a bit of burst potential with Maul hilt bash Maul. Where WH brings a lot of vuln, and boons for you, your pet, and your allies.

Just super genericly if you're solo GS will probably be better, if you're with a group of people, WH will probably be better. But all in all they're going to be about the same performance wise, just different styles.

Tried both sets over the last few years in WvW. I really wanted S/WH to work for me (I even made howler) but GS just seems to be a better balance for solo roaming. Less clunky leap, Evade frames on auto, more spike, a block, and a CC.

All good stuff.

WH is good for setting up the unblockable spike for full glass sic'em memebeast though.

I use both sets extensively in WvW.I am a firm believer in carrying both sets and swapping depending on situations/opponents.If you are a soulbeast Sw/WH works better with one wolf pack but also works great with might stacking setups with strength of the pack.I don't like using Greatsword with one wolf pack but prefer it for spike damage over Sw/WH. On the flip side, sword is our highest DPS weapon but it can be hard to capitalize on this during pvp combat especially against certain opponents. One negative with Greatsword is that it has very tell tale animations and it is relatively easy for a player to avoid mauls if they know what they are doing.That said, I think Sw/Wh is way better when you are under heavy pressure because evades > blocks. Both weapons have two evades but sword has lower cooldown versions (not tied to an autoattack chain) and really shines when combined with high endurance regeneration.