Elite spam appreciation thread

praqtos.9035

1yH75c7.jpg%22If 72s cd rampage doing this with demolisher amulet is completely fine and balanced.PBL that is unblockable 1200 range launch (which is combine knockback and knockdown effects and you spend like 2-3 seconds in CC) was undeperforming on 75s cd, suddenly became 60s again....May be make all elites around 60-30s cooldown depends how weak they are compared to this elites?Mainly I want Signet of moa/throw moa elixir to counter rampage.Lich form to be 72s cooldown as rampage now and give it 25% damage reduction buff to be somewhat on par with a rampage.And all other elites as well of course like FGS still on damn 180 seconds cd. Even on 60 seconds cd its no way better than PBL or rampage by a mile.I wish that would be a troll thread but I'm pretty serious, if you refuse to balance your c**p buff everything to this absurd level and stop showing bias towards this 2 nerf-immune classes(scourge fb are nerf-immune too, lets talk about it laters)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, most elites (especially core ones) are dated and needs to be reworked or buffed. In a perfect utopia, all elites should be usable in different builds.Note that this post does not take "The class x without the op elite is bad" into consideration. Also, those ideas are only for PvP since I don't play WvW and PvE that much.

So what needs to be changed in my opinion:

1. Core Necromancer elites need buffs/reworks, that's as plain as day. Chilled to the Bone feels really elite like and it's a great skill. I have no idea what to do with the Scourge elite.
  2. Core Mesmer elites (Time Warp and Moa in particular) need buffs. Jaunt needs to be utility or get heavy buffs. That, or make Gravity Well a core elite skill xD. Also, the only reason I'm writing this post is because Arena Net buffed Mass Invis and that means they still go back to dated skills.
  3. For core Warrior, Rampage needs nerfs. Banner needs buffs or another rework. Signet is good. (Edit:) Spellbreaker elite needs buffs or a rework and Berserker elite feels very utility-like.
  4. Engineer has 4 (mortar, laser, elixir, gyro) good elites. In my opinion, the laser needs to be at least 75 seconds cooldown. On the other hand, the turret elite needs a bit of a rework or slight buffs. That's because we want all elites to be viable, not just 1-2 per class.
  5. Elementalist has mediocre elites. Weaver elite is good, tempest elite needs very small buffs and tornado needs cooldown reduction. Fiery Greatsword is nice, but summon elite needs to be reworked to be something active.
  6. For Revenant, Kalla elite is really beautiful, Shiro elite needs to be changed, Glint elite is nice. But again, I don't understand Revenant that much.
  7. Guardian already has a good and fair elite (virtue recharge). Firebrand's elite is nice as well and I believe Dragonhunter's elite is good. The signet and shout elites however, are pretty old and needs to be reworked and buffed respectively.
  8. I think if improvisation didn't apply for elite skills, Daggerstorm would be fine. Venom is fine as well. If anything, Thieves Guild needs to be reworked to be more active. I don't have any idea what to do with Daredevil and Deadeye elites.
  9. Core Ranger already has good elites, Strength of the Pack feels like a great elite skill. Immobilizing elite needs very slight range buff but it's good as well. Sadly, I don't think spirits are a good idea for PvP so I guess Ranger needs trap elite instead. For elite specializations, new druid elite is plain unusable, you're better off playing without elite skill if you want to use druid's elite. It needs to be changed completely (again). One Wolf Pack however, got what it deserved and it's only good when you trait it and unless I'm missing a point, it's fine as it already is.

TLDR: Nerf Rampage.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:spellbreaker will always be op as long as you can perma 16 might from one button press.

You know funny joke? Warrior gets 20k bonus health in rampage ,aside from damage reduction and less condi duration, engineer rampage/tornado/lich have 10k bonus health.Also warrior is so busted because of power crept traits that give him bonus stats:120/240 power from GS, attackers insight 225 power+ferocity(has no alternatives,power creep in its pure form) that not even hard to keep upStrenght trait bonus power for each might stack,25 mights gives warrior 1000 power Add 10% to this on tether.tldr : self 25 might stacks shouldnt be a thing for any class

Bringing other elites like Lich Form, Signet of Humility, etc. in line with rampage by giving them lower CDs is a great idea I think, it's only fair really. I also think Rampage could do with a soft nerf such as moving it out of the physical category; simultaneous cutting the damage by 10% and the CD time of rampage to 90 as well as all the skills within rampage to their original.

Anything more than that and warrior will be dead. We don't like it, but rampage is really all we have to compete with other side-noders.

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:Bringing other elites like Lich Form, Signet of Humility, etc. in line with rampage by giving them lower CDs is a great idea I think, it's only fair really. I also think Rampage could do with a soft nerf such as moving it out of the physical category; simultaneous cutting the damage by 10% and the CD time of rampage to 90 as well as all the skills within rampage to their original.

Anything more than that and warrior will be dead. We don't like it, but rampage is really all we have to compete with other side-noders.

You are highly mistaken if you think without spammable rampage warrior is trash and not worth anything.I mean, think about it, mesmer scepter carried entire class. It did 10k if all crits and all 7 hits connect over 2.25s cast time. But people cried a lot and it got 50% damage nerf, I wouldnt be surprised one day to see 50% damage nerf on rampage and warrior still would be able to stunlock and do high damage(thansk to might, power crept power/fero,damage increases in %) while remain literally unkillable thanks to bonus 20.000 health and damage reduction (only warrior in rampage gets 20k health btw).I'm not saying scepter didnt deserve nerf, it did, it was annoying. But rampage is even more annoying and easly twoshotted you especially when that boulder comes from behind of your screen in the fight and each time you see warrior, exhaust their cd and think you have him, then comes rampage and you have to run or they use it to escape because super low cd.

The average game lasts ~11 minutes.

That means a warrior can use his rampage skill just eight times per game if you use it when it's immediately off cooldown, which nobody does. It's not hard to make a rampage irrelevant, although it nearly always forces a decap.

I see room for a damage nerf of about 15 percent, but not much more. I also fail to see how EIGHT skill uses in one game is spam. Mesmers and engineers can use eight skills in one second.

As it pertains to PLB, who cares that the unblockable skill with a MASSIVE wind-up is 60 seconds. It means in a game, it can be used 11 times. If you can't dodge a skill like that, try a new game.

@Mbelch.9028 said:The average game lasts ~11 minutes.

That means a warrior can use his rampage skill just eight times per game if you use it when it's immediately off cooldown, which nobody does. It's not hard to make a rampage irrelevant, although it nearly always forces a decap.

I see room for a damage nerf of about 15 percent, but not much more. I also fail to see how EIGHT skill uses in one game is spam. Mesmers and engineers can use eight skills in one second.

As it pertains to PLB, who cares that the unblockable skill with a MASSIVE wind-up is 60 seconds. It means in a game, it can be used 11 times. If you can't dodge a skill like that, try a new game.

Pretty funny to hear from someone who never play the game anymore after s5, cant dodge PBL ?:DIts so hard to land when you have mesmer elite on 32s cd as toolbelt, I supposed to read his mind for when that comes out !If you read my first post I said they should bring other elites on their power level and cooldowns. Many elites sucks hard but they are on 3 minute cooldown.15% damage nerf wont do s**t to it and still will thrump you into dirt

@praqtos.9035 said:You are highly mistaken if you think without spammable rampage warrior is trash and not worth anything.I mean, think about it, mesmer scepter carried entire class. It did 10k if all crits and all 7 hits connect over 2.25s cast time. But people cried a lot and it got 50% damage nerf, I wouldnt be surprised one day to see 50% damage nerf on rampage and warrior still would be able to stunlock and do high damage(thansk to might, power crept power/fero,damage increases in %) while remain literally unkillable thanks to bonus 20.000 health and damage reduction (only warrior in rampage gets 20k health btw).I'm not saying scepter didnt deserve nerf, it did, it was annoying. But rampage is even more annoying and easly twoshotted you especially when that boulder comes from behind of your screen in the fight and each time you see warrior, exhaust their cd and think you have him, then comes rampage and you have to run or they use it to escape because super low cd.

Not exactly trash, just worse than every other side noder; besides ele and core guard arguably. Without rampage, what sets Spellbreaker apart and makes it as good or better than the other side-noders?

I mean, that's not to say rampage really sets Spellbreaker apart that much considering Engineer can have the exact same skill if they so choose and at a longer duration at that.

Like, i've always only ever played warrior, and right now the damage just isn't there for going the squishy strength route, and Scrapper is better in pretty much every single way for going the tanky defense route. It's like no matter what; you're forced to rampage to finish a kill. Then I made a Sic 'em sniper and a rev and i've been playing those and i'm winning 2v1's without having never even played rev in PvP before and having not played Soulbeast since Boonbeast was the go to build. Why play a melee class that has to blow a 72s cd elite just to stand a chance at downing 1 person when I can play those other two classes and get upwards of 12k unblockable bursts with just my weapon skills/profession mechanics alone while having the same or potentially better options for Sustain and CC than warrior does.

I'm not defending rampage. Like I've relented, it could do with some toning down, but people like to think doubling the cooldown; essentially gutting the skill in whatever way will make warrior perfectly balanced when taking that away without giving anything pretty much removes any chance of warrior being able to keep up with those other classes. Calling it now, if that happens to be the case; warrior will be in the same spot it was pre-PoF when zerker got nuked.

Real talk, I actually completely agree that bringing some of the other elite skills like Moa signet, like Lich form makes sense, and is a much better way to go about it imo. At least, that's what I got from your OP, dunno if you meant that or not.

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:Real talk, I actually completely agree that bringing some of the other elite skills like Moa signet, like Lich form makes sense, and is a much better way to go about it imo. At least, that's what I got from your OP, dunno if you meant that or not.If they refuse to do anything about it, yes, really meant it. (why only warrior gets 20.000?Other transform are 10.000,even on engi rampage is 10.000 tho)Warrior is not that weak as you think. Holo need to be tuned down as well with a ranger (rev still probably need some shaves)... FB/Scourge definitely need nerfs as well.

@TorQ.7041 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:I also fail to see how EIGHT skill uses in one game is spam.

cuz in most cases its a guaranteed kill?

It's a guarantee if you face tank. And don't know to save cool downs and dodge. Most of the time you just move away and let the warrior do nothing and come back when he's done doing nothing. Much a reaper in shroud.

Except it has 2(3 just for immob breaking) mobility skills aka gapclosers to stick to you, 900 range le boulder, and getting hit by anything means most likely death? Is that another one who pretend spellbreaker will be AFK before using it ?