damage decreased after purchase the upgrades

my original level was 35 and I just purchased both of the upgrades. I boosted myself to level 80. I tried the same skill with same equipment and doing way less damage. I was doing 200-300..now I am doing 30.... I feel super nerfed. T.T ...... Am I bugged?

@Linken.6345 said:Are you useing level 30 gear as a level 80?Have you equiped 3 spec line

I actually tried with both set of gears. ones that I had on before the boost...and the free ones the system provided.I used the old weapons. switched to old skills and spec line.... I went back to the map I was on before the level boost and tried damage on the same mob as well. but I am doing way less damage than what I was doing before. its becoming hard to proceed in old town T.T

The level 80 boost gives you build and armor to maximize survivability rather than damage. However, I would be surprised if it made much difference in a level 35 map area as these are designed to be done with sub-optimal builds as armor as you’re still unlocking stuff and potentially learning the class and game as well. But if you’ve tried switching your traits back and use your old weapons and armor, you should do the same damage to the same enemies as before, unless there’s something I’m missing. And even if you switched from the equivalent of berserker armor to soldier armor, it shouldn’t reduce your damage by 90%! :confused:

I haven’t encountered a problem such as this when boosting characters (if it matters, have I’ve used a level 80 boosts on warrior, engineer and necro). I wish I could help and hope you get it figured out or fixed!!!

@IWAY.8231 said:the way i understood this is that either you were not using the level 80 damage (Berserker nomenclature) armor and weapons or you were in a low level map.I went back to lvl 35 map after the boost, and also switched back the old gear set. I've also switched the hot keys with old skills I was using before.

The only difference that I know is that now all the skills are learned, and I have three spec lines instead of one.I don't know what else is needed to be change .

@VDAC.2137 said:The level 80 boost gives you build and armor to maximize survivability rather than damage. However, I would be surprised if it made much difference in a level 35 map area as these are designed to be done with sub-optimal builds as armor as you’re still unlocking stuff and potentially learning the class and game as well. But if you’ve tried switching your traits back and use your old weapons and armor, you should do the same damage to the same enemies as before, unless there’s something I’m missing. And even if you switched from the equivalent of berserker armor to soldier armor, it shouldn’t reduce your damage by 90%! :confused:

I haven’t encountered a problem such as this when boosting characters (if it matters, have I’ve used a level 80 boosts on warrior, engineer and necro). I wish I could help and hope you get it figured out or fixed!!!

Here is what I don't understand! T.T I understand the lvl 80 gear set is for maximize my survivability and I changed the old set back. And as for the build, I just changed the hot keys with old skills and changed one of the spec line back to my old one. so I have two new spec lines and all the skills are learned !!.. and that is suppose to make me stronger right? actually my damage didn't drop by 90%... its more like 1/3 of my old damage before.

@Linken.6345 said:I have no clue what you did and how useing low level gear somehow fixed your damage but congrats on fixing it mate.

Perhaps it is power gear while the 80 boost have something like precision/toughness/condi (the stats for boosting necro). Not having power would make that kind of difference so with level scaling, the old gear could well be better on those maps.