Looking forward to Living World Season 5

Introduction: New Elite Specializations, destruction of Divinity’s Reach by new adversaryEach chapter is the destruction of a city (or cities)Last chapter: Rebuilding of Home Cities, introduction of new race and their home city

There is precedent with the destruction of Lion’s Arch. The chapters could be rolled out quicker because the land is already designed. A new race means a new home city and culture to explore. Update personal storylines to adjust for the new world climate.I don’t know how the logistics would work between characters pre- and post-destruction of a town. How did it work with LA? As one character goes so they all go?

I highly doubt any of that is on the cards, but I really am curious about what to expect with Season 5.

When they first announced they were moving straight from Season 4 to 5, it was prior to the layoffs, and I really think they had a specific idea mind - basically building up to the end of the story of GW2, with the aim of transitioning to what their next game was going to be. There's a definite sense of that already (you'll see what I mean if you haven't completed War Eternal yet), but now that the focus is back on this game, surely their plans for the next season have changed.

Guess we'll see in time. There's potential here to take the story in any direction they want -Blood Legion Homelands, Cantha, Dominion of Winds, or even somewhere entirely unexpected.