reduce weapon swap to 5 sec for all professions

Stand The Wall.6987

what you wrote was only 1 argument + "b 2 strong" . This denigrates the opposite point of vue, like people are stubborn and are so bad they do not even care to write properly. Maybe you had something else in mind, but this is the message I read with this choice of words.I did nt think about touching the weapons cd. It can help this kind of change but you also have to rethink the dmg or effects on some those skills too.

Pve perspective : I do not know. Open world you can do great with a lot of options. For fractals and raids if rotations change it does not matter to me as long as most weapons have a use (even a niche one).Pvp perspective : This is the one that bothers me the most. The design of the classes/elite specs already makes them stand out somewhere. Making thief more elusive, any tanky weapon passively better can be dangerous (and harder to balance than you might think). I say passively because even though the cd is the same, it is available more often. I took thief as an example but it could be a guard sword + shield, a ranger GS, …. Once you use a skill you stay some time with the weapon. If you swap to get an advantage of a weapon A and realize you will need B this gives people an opportunity to punish you. Now this window is much shorter. Why do I focus on defensive skills and not offensive ones ? Because the time you earn by dodging stays the same and people already take care to time/chain the offensive ones (most of the time).

@Auburner.6945 said:How about those with no swaps, that is if all traits were perfectly adjusted?

no cuz ele, got it dood. makes no sense, such an obvious strawman.

@"aymnad.9023" said:what you wrote was only 1 argument + "b 2 strong" .If you swap to get an advantage of a weapon A and realize you will need B this gives people an opportunity to punish you. Now this window is much shorter. Why do I focus on defensive skills and not offensive ones ? Because the time you earn by dodging stays the same and people already take care to time/chain the offensive ones (most of the time).

what I did was offer further discussion. don't get lost in trying to win this conversation as it will only make you look like you have nothing worthwhile to say, which is clearly not the case.more defense and offense will be available its true... so what? it will make combat more fun imo, giving classes more options to deal with the task at hand. it would be a good thing to give classes the ability to adapt quicker, especially if that class has less defense or offense, and if there is the good possibility of said class becoming outnumbered. my biggest concern is classes with tons of kiting potential, its probably what would make this idea non viable.

what I did was offer further discussion.Ok. Just wrong choice of words then.more defense and offense will be available its true... so what? it will make combat more fun imo, giving classes more options to deal with the task at hand. it would be a good thing to give classes the ability to adapt quicker, especially if that class has less defense or offense, and if there is the good possibility of said class becoming outnumbered. my biggest concern is classes with tons of kiting potential, its probably what would make this idea non viable.Maybe I am focusing too much on seeing stuff I do not want back (uncatchable or unkillable classes like at the start of Pof) and making up scenarios that will never happen. We can only try to guess.This kind of change will be great/strong for medium cd weapon skills ( around 10-12s).

hell to the hell to the hell no!With all the skills f1,f2,f3,f4,f5 + secondary weapon skills such as f5 on ranger and you are asking for faster access to skills?The only class with 5 sec on wep swap should be the warrior because warrior is the only class that does not have BS skills.

@"Hitman.5829" said:hell to the hell to the hell no!With all the skills f1,f2,f3,f4,f5 + secondary weapon skills such as f5 on ranger and you are asking for faster access to skills?The only class with 5 sec on wep swap should be the warrior because warrior is the only class that does not have BS skills.It is true that changing form like druid F5 or holo F5 grants strong skills (although druid is a straight dps loss for high heals, even more after pet nerf). I see where you are coming from and we will see where they go with the concept of "trade off" in the future to balance elite specs but I think only those should be changed (so very few). Weapon swap will not affect other classes F skills since they are independent of the weapon and part of the core profession mechanics (with associated traits).