Charged Quartz and Skyscale

So, I used 20 charged quartz pieces a couple of days before the parch and now I have 2. Meaning at best I need 10 more days to get the skyscale (if I spend 50g to buy a grow lamp, otherwise it's 20 days). I guess Anet doesn't want us to unlock this mount (or play to do it). This is just run around and wait at this point.

Meanwhile if you've randomly stacked up charged quartz pieces, you get to unlock it in "just" 5 days, completely by chance.

Is it too late to ask this to be patched? Or simply allow us to buy/sell/supercharge quartz?

That's very helpful. I didn't notice, thank you. So I just have to wait because the food is time gated (and well I have to spend 100g whatever).

Seriously however, I didn't mind the time gated collections too much. They were long and boring, so I would have never done them in 1 day. However having to wait 4 days just to feed an item is kind of stupid.

How can you predict what random mat anet would make worth something (you have to spend literally 1000s of g and potentially make a loss overall trying to cover everything). Else you coulve made 1000's more g from nullification sigils and nobody would even complain about them cause they knew it would be in a recipe. Anyway seems like by design because Anet knows something is daily capped or not obviously.

I haven't begun yet, as I haven't been able to play the episode yet, but how much charged quartz is needed, to not have to buy any finished product off TP? (That we know so far)I've been trying to work it out from the wiki, but between avoiding story spoilers and the wiki still being filled in, I haven't gotten a clear idea.

Grow Lamp is 10, only one needed?Food is 1 each, how many are needed?Did the new part available today require any Charged Quartz-based stuff?

Edit: found a thread in Players helping Players - https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/76743/can-i-get-a-brief-overview-of-the-skyscale-collection-pleaseSeems to be 22 Charged Quartz total.

Only one grow lamp is needed, which is 10 charged quartz, and x12 food. A total of 22 charged quartz indeed.And the food is a 4 day timegate, so noone is on next step yet. The fastest is on second day of feeding.

edit: The grow lamp is given as a toy to the newborn skyscale.