Black Lion Keys and Transmutation Charges temporary removed from Map-Completion Rewards

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@nottsgman.8206 said:It isn't fixed on normal maps, loaded in after the patch and completed a map I'd been waiting on (fields of ruin), no key or charge in the rewards, and yes the character was level 80

Contact support. See if they can help.(based on @nottsgman.8206's reply below, appears that this has not been resolved in the way I would have expected)

~~My guess: they replaced the old reward available to toons of any level with a new one that isn't available to sub-L80.However, since putative exploiters might have stockpiled the bouncy chests (as you, a legit completer) did, the old chest might remain permanently disabled.~~

That said, if Support gets informed, they might be able to manage something.

edit: adding a question for clarity@nottsgman.8206 i might have misunderstoodare you saying that you had done 99.9% completion prior to patch and then finished after the patch, without the bonus (xmute or key)?

@nottsgman.8206 said:It isn't fixed on normal maps, loaded in after the patch and completed a map I'd been waiting on (fields of ruin), no key or charge in the rewards, and yes the character was level 80

Guess I'm still going to hold off on any more map completions :/

I can only hope that they'll figure out some way to grant rewards retroactively. I map completed the new zone about 10 minutes after their twitter announcement (I don't even use twitter...). Do they not have the technology to make in-game server announcements or something?

I completed 3 Dragonfall before noticing/being told about the temporary removal. Now it has been fixed (at least according to patch notes). But did i really just shoot myself in the foot and will never get those 3 charges/BLK? I was expecting some kind of mail or pop up chest when it was to be fixed. They should seriously do send a system message and a mail to all players. So many players don't check social media/forums often enough to get warned in time.

@Vantooth.6347 said:I completed 3 Dragonfall before noticing/being told about the temporary removal. Now it has been fixed (at least according to patch notes). But did i really just shoot myself in the foot and will never get those 3 charges/BLK? I was expecting some kind of mail or pop up chest when it was to be fixed. They should seriously do send a system message and a mail to all players. So many players don't check social media/forums often enough to get warned in time.

Thats what im afraid of, we are just out of luck. I just happened to look at the forum headers today or i would never have known about this. I would have wasted my time completing and never got my charges.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

Contact support. See if they can help.

My guess: they replaced the old reward available to toons of any level with a new one that isn't available to sub-L80.However, since putative exploiters might have stockpiled the bouncy chests (as you, a legit completer) did, the old chest might remain permanently disabled.

That said, if Support gets informed, they might be able to manage something.

edit: adding a question for clarity
@nottsgman.8206 i might have misunderstoodare you saying that you had done 99.9% completion prior to patch and then finished
after
the patch, without the bonus (xmute or key)?

I did all but one vista, so didn't complete it before

I understand the problem and I can see anet is in a bind but this is kind of a bummer of a solution. Taking away the chance at a key from new players leveling their first toons through map completion as they go along effectively punishes an innocent group of ppl . . .

I'm guessing maybe anet has data that tells them there just isn't a significant number of new players who play through the game that way anymore, which is also kind of a bummer :/

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Kruhljak.2705 said:How was this exploit a thing with a 1hr timer on the character?

Create new character; no time delay.Use device to enter Bloodstone Fen, which can be completed without combat.

A ~L2 can navigate through BFen without risk of ranged combat? So, porting them there and using mounts to skip past / around everything, I guess. So it wasn't an exploit in the sense it was using a bug in the item's utility but taking advantage of the free re-usability to do something anyone could already do with a regular TtF. Makes sense this way.

@Kruhljak.2705 said:

@Kruhljak.2705 said:How was this exploit a thing with a 1hr timer on the character?

Create new character; no time delay.Use device to enter Bloodstone Fen, which can be completed without combat.

A ~L2 can navigate through BFen without risk of ranged combat? So, porting them there and using mounts to skip past / around everything, I guess. So it wasn't an exploit in the sense it was using a bug in the item's utility but taking advantage of the free re-usability to do something anyone could already do with a regular TtF. Makes sense this way.

You can't use mounts until level 80. I tired on my alt acct.

@Drecien.4508 said:

You can't use mounts until level 80. I tired on my alt acct.

But if you have mounts unlocked on your account, you can def use them on fresh toons on that same account, much to the relief of keyrunners everywhere . . .

@Gop.8713 said:I understand the problem and I can see anet is in a bind but this is kind of a bummer of a solution. Taking away the chance at a key from new players leveling their first toons through map completion as they go along effectively punishes an innocent group of ppl . . .

I'm guessing maybe anet has data that tells them there just isn't a significant number of new players who play through the game that way anymore, which is also kind of a bummer :/

According to the patch notes it is only Living World map (so level 80 maps), if you complete queensdale at level 15 you still get a chance at a key.

@Vantooth.6347 said:

@Gop.8713 said:I understand the problem and I can see anet is in a bind but this is kind of a bummer of a solution. Taking away the chance at a key from new players leveling their first toons through map completion as they go along effectively punishes an innocent group of ppl . . .

According to the patch notes it is only Living World map (so level 80 maps), if you complete queensdale at level 15 you still get a chance at a key.

Yeah that would make more sense and now I'm guessing that's probably what they meant. I'm still thinking of the old 'Living World'/'Living Story' thing, which would basically be all of PvE . . .

@Tiviana.2650 said:I think you disabling them for map completion is wrong, there is nothing wrong with the keys and charges nor how they are normally acquired. You should disable the item that caused the problem please. Those of us that dont exploit are being punished because now we cant get charges or the chance at a key. Disable the problem not the charges. Another thing you didnt disable the other map completion rewards and they were spamming those also, why not disable those too?

It was only disabled for 2 days. I almost-completed 3 maps yesterday. I just left one Vista open on each map and finished them today after the patch. No problem at all...

The only thing I wished Anet had done was sending players a message ingame. btw, I did the three Vistas today and therefore completed three zones and got no key.

@Faaris.8013 said:

@Tiviana.2650 said:I think you disabling them for map completion is wrong, there is nothing wrong with the keys and charges nor how they are normally acquired. You should disable the item that caused the problem please. Those of us that dont exploit are being punished because now we cant get charges or the chance at a key. Disable the problem not the charges. Another thing you didnt disable the other map completion rewards and they were spamming those also, why not disable those too?

It was only disabled for 2 days. I almost-completed 3 maps yesterday. I just left one Vista open on each map and finished them today after the patch. No problem at all...

The only thing I wished Anet had done was sending players a message ingame. btw, I did the three Vistas today and therefore completed three zones and got no key.

Did you get Transmutation Charges? Black Lion Chest Keys don't drop 75% of the time. (Or, in my case, about 95% of the time.)

its good for them. less keys and charges for free and maybe some of them buy them from the shop for Gold->Gems or $ -> Gems.

@"Tiviana.2650" said:I think you disabling them for map completion is wrong, there is nothing wrong with the keys and charges nor how they are normally acquired. You should disable the item that caused the problem please. Those of us that dont exploit are being punished because now we cant get charges or the chance at a key. Disable the problem not the charges. Another thing you didnt disable the other map completion rewards and they were spamming those also, why not disable those too?

Well, the problemis not disabled. They disabled the reward for the players. But I think nobody is surprised by this?

This is what the last update says: "On Living World maps, characters under level 80 no longer have a chance to receive a Black Lion Chest Key as part of their map completion rewards."

This is excellent for a new player. To raise the level you should do events in the maps and map completion. Now you should wait lvl 80 for completing the map.

And to think that all of this is generated by an item sold by Anet. It seems that the players are paying the bill, as usual.