The Skyscale collection is the best thing of GW2 in the whole season!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The collection is fine, but the time-gating is why I just fell out of the game. Time gating is a terrible way to try to add "difficulty" there is nothing difficult about just waiting. It's like Anet says "We want you to have fun but on our terms! So, really if you are the type of player who has fun doing things quickly, we can't allow that." Or "How can we get players to continue playing while we have a drought of content release? Time Gating!" It just feels lazy.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Pirindolo.9427 said:People complaining about the timegate thing would likely prefer to just log in and receive the mount in a mail, I guess.

This argument just doesn't work. Stop making it.

Similarly I find it funny how people compare the timegate to being punished for not logging in like someones going to beat you for missing a daily reset. That argument is just as absurd. It makes them seem mentally unstable.

But what they are saying is factually correct:Player A: can log in Monday - Friday for 2hrs of game play each sessionPlayer B: can only log in Saturday and Sunday, but can spend 5hrs of game play each session

Both players play the same amount of hours per week, but under time gating, Player B is being penalized because...reasons.

If you cannot see that, then there is little point in continuing the discussion as it is beyond your grasp.

Player A logs only once a day Monday - Friday for 10 sec each day and take the daily reward each day.Player B logs only Saturday and Sunday and play 50 sec in total (25 sec each day).

Player A and Player B are playing the exact same time.Why Player B gets 3 rewards less? Player B is penalized, no? Because... reasons, no?

Both players play the same amount of hours per week, but under time gating, Player B is being penalized because...reasons.

If you cannot see that, then there is little point in continuing the discussion as it is beyond your grasp.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@Pirindolo.9427 said:People complaining about the timegate thing would likely prefer to just log in and receive the mount in a mail, I guess.

Similarly I find it funny how people compare the timegate to being punished for not logging in like someones going to beat you for missing a daily reset. That argument is just as absurd. It makes them seem mentally unstable.

But what they are saying is factually correct:Player A: can log in Monday - Friday for 2hrs of game play each sessionPlayer B: can only log in Saturday and Sunday, but can spend 5hrs of game play each session

Player A logs only once a day Monday - Friday for 10 sec each day and take the daily reward each day.Player B logs only Saturday and Sunday and play 50 sec in total (25 sec each day).

Player A and Player B are playing the exact same time.Why Player B gets 3 rewards less? Player B is penalized, no? Because... reasons, no?

You actually just reinforced my point, thank you. As I said previously though, there is little point continuing this discussion, as it turns out, is beyond your grasp, and I see no value in punching down.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

You actually just reinforced my point, thank you. As I said previously though, there is little point continuing this discussion, as it turns out, is beyond your grasp, and I see no value in punching down.

So you agree that we should remove all time gates otherwise it counters your logic.

Everything would have been fine had we not had the time-gating.Collection is long and annoying, but it's bearable. With time-gating it's just...horrible in every sense.This is absolutely unlike ANet. For all my years of playing, I have never thought they'd gate something like this, especially as we never had time-gated mounts before too.

I really hope they fix this, remove the time-gate and let us actually play and enjoy the game how we like and as much as we like, without having to wait out and be 'controlled' how long we play.It's all down to people how they want to play the game. What rights do we even have to judge how others play? If people want to rush it, let them rush it. If people want to do it slowly, let them do it slowly.I personally enjoy doing it nice and easy, but this time-gate is a low move.

I really hope ANet removes this ridiculous time gate. It's literally damaging the game and pushing players away from it.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:I really truly enjoy what I've seen of the skyscale collection.

I really liked the scavenger hunt of day/stage two.

But in stage three (after I finished two of the three collections) I can now only press a hotkey three times a day for several days and then have to wait another day until I am allowed to start with the skyscale collections of stage four. This is really not fun and does not feel like progression.