Soulbeast Needs Some Genuine Nerf Bat Love in the Next Balance Update

@FyzE.3472 said:

@"praqtos.9035" said:You didnt help anyone . As I said , this stupid comments like JUST DODGE arent advice. Such builds like sic em lack counter play and its highly unfun to play against. You burn both evades for lb4/rapid fire
if you notice it in time
, you have no time to LoS it as it goes with quickness fast. You cant block it , so next take down is going to be lethal for you if you didnt die to over 30k damage from rapid fire coupled with OWP. Sic em is and unstoppable union is dumb and must be heavily nerfed.

OK but serious talk for a second here. Did you just said "if you burn your dodge on lb4 -> lb2, you will then get lb4d -> lb2d"?You didnt.Lets read it together : you have to burn your both evades to not die to LB4->LB2
if you notice it in time
(that I will talk in the end in case you didnt evade it, which does about 30k damage combined only from rapid fire+one wolf, dont even start me on double mauls), its too fast to find cover behind any LoS, if you managed to double evade it, take down from merged will be unblockable and you are out of evades, so it will be lethal(wi,chain CC on gs etc) and in the end I talk about what will happen with you if you didnt notice/react on LB4->LB2? May be my English bad but I never said you will get double LB4-LB2 if you read through it

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@praqtos.9035 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:When it's thief or mesmer being effective at anything- nerf cry's flood the forums. It's unfair, gut it,something needs to be done whine whine whine.When it's any other class- use los,get gud,l2p,just dodge and stay outa range lmaoSeriously ridiculousExactly, double standarts baby

There are ranger players ACTUALLY saying sic em needs a buff to make soulbeast competitive lmao somtimes u get a little faith in this community than u read garbage like that. This is why I get so triggered with all the thief nerfs its suffered in the past few yrs. I'm fine with the devs shaving thing down on thief if it is legit OP or not in line with their vision but alot 9f the changes were driven by this community who is blatently biased to thier own classes, ranger players staring sic em needing a buff is a great example of that. The devs let a biased community steer their nerf direction leaving the nerfed class players scratching their heads confused. So in the end the most popular classes become and stay powercrept,get more popular due to fotm players and the meta stays the same. Devs should be making their own decisions not the community. Thief as a example doesnt even match the devs in game description of the class any more.

Even after boonbeast got nerfed and fallen out of meta, ppl posted boonbeast is OP for some time even after 2 months and now, the sound died down...And now, ppl feel sicem is OP(after 2 years approx)... Even though ranger didn't get any significant buff since the boonbeast nerfs and subsequent nerfs, ppl consider anything with longbow/sicem OP....

maybe it's coz of a few top ranger players posting some edited boasting videos of themselves making quick work of other players in PVP with a zerky jerk sicem sniper build variations....

Or...

The mob(community) been manipulated to face the other way while a sneaky class/build can escape getting noticed??? :p

I don't want to list any sneaky OP classes here :p

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Reduce Ranger's skill range to 1200. Then it will be 1500 and not 1800 like it is now.Its 1900 on first three skills and 1500 on 4rd. Dont believe me ? Log in the game and check yourself :)@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:When it's thief or mesmer being effective at anything- nerf cry's flood the forums. It's unfair, gut it,something needs to be done whine whine whine.When it's any other class- use los,get gud,l2p,just dodge and stay outa range lmaoSeriously ridiculousExactly, double standarts baby

There are ranger players ACTUALLY saying sic em needs a buff to make soulbeast competitive lmao somtimes u get a little faith in this community than u read garbage like that.Exactly. That what you said exactly happening with all this rampage-mains jumping at me with foam at the mouth ignoring opinion of other top players that left.

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:LOS iS yOuR fRiEnd

I don't care if LOS can counter Longbow. You don't always have access to LOS every time they start blasting you with heavily boosted Rapid Fire from somewhere off screen. Many builds are left with a chunk of their health gone, and a dodge blown before even engaging thanks to a SlB mashing a few keys from 1500+ range while you're running or fighting someone else.

If the Soulbeast, or any other ranged class, catches you in the open, it's either bad play from you, or good play from them. Anyway if this happens you are supposed to die. You got outplayed and punished accordingly.

SnIpEr iS a RoLe

I don't care if Sic 'Em Sniper can be compared to how Deadeye was. Death's Judgment was way more telegraphed on a build that was as glass as it gets, and look what happened to it.

DJ was an unblockable 1-shot. Literally. Rapid Fire is a channel.

Way too many stacking damage modifiers, excessive unblockable, and trait synergies resulting in a literal beast of an overtuned spec. I'm looking at you: Unstoppable Union, Sic 'Em, Strength of the Pack, coupled with Maul, Worldy Impact, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Fire, etc.

Unstoppable Union does need to have Unblockable removed from it, and something needs to be done to Sic Em like maybe splitting the damage bonus for PvP/WvW.Anything more would be overkill though.

@Yannir.4132 said:

LOS iS yOuR fRiEnd

I don't care if LOS can counter Longbow. You don't always have access to LOS every time they start blasting you with heavily boosted Rapid Fire from somewhere off screen. Many builds are left with a chunk of their health gone, and a dodge blown before even engaging thanks to a SlB mashing a few keys from 1500+ range while you're running or fighting someone else.

If the Soulbeast, or any other ranged class, catches you in the open, it's either bad play from you, or good play from them. Anyway if this happens you are supposed to die. You got outplayed and punished accordingly.You play conquest and on the point/between them a lot of wide open space? Thats actually your fault now!

SnIpEr iS a RoLe

I don't care if Sic 'Em Sniper can be compared to how Deadeye
was
. Death's Judgment was way more telegraphed on a build that was as glass as it gets, and look what happened to it.

DJ was an unblockable 1-shot. Literally. Rapid Fire is a channel.Sic em into nblockable knock with rapid fire under quickness? Never heard of !

Way too many stacking damage modifiers, excessive unblockable, and trait synergies resulting in a literal beast of an overtuned spec. I'm looking at you: Unstoppable Union, Sic 'Em, Strength of the Pack, coupled with Maul, Worldy Impact, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Fire, etc.

Unstoppable Union does need to have Unblockable removed from it, and something needs to be done to Sic Em like maybe splitting the damage bonus for PvP/WvW.Anything more would be overkill though.I see the light in the end of the tunnel... may be....@Crystal Paladin.3871The mob(community) been manipulated to face the other way while a sneaky class/build can escape getting noticed??? :pI don't want to list any sneaky OP classes here :p

Please do , at least in private, if its worth it, I will make another thread :)

@kin korn karn.9023 said:Sic Em Soulbeast is definitely not overperforming in high ranks or ATs. It is really punishing against bad players with no awareness, though, so I can understand why this forum is filled with Soulbeast complaint threads.

As for Boonbeast, it's already been nerfed hard and has fallen out of the meta. It's barely even better than Druid at this point.

Idk man.Doing 10-12k Autohits from 1800+ range and doing enough dmg to kill the mount and bring the player in downstate in a single rapid fire is a bit much eh?

There is a reason why its the most played roaming class.

Its extremly easy to play and super save with its very good mobility + range.

It even has stealth!

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:High level teams are dictated by the meta TEAM comps is it not?

No offense, but your wording is awkward and I don't understand what you're trying to say. But it seems like you're focusing on "high level teams," while I'm talking about just about any individual player above gold division. This so-called "one-shot" stops working, and you have to earn your kills just like any class. I do agree that there may be a bit too much unblockable, or perhaps Sic Em provides a bit too much damage. But even as it is, there are already at least a few other dps builds with a superior kit to any Soulbeast build. Very much nerf and Sic Em build will become completely unviable, which I expect will happen because that's what's been done with every other ranger build (the most recent being Boon Beast). People complain on forum because they don't know how to counterplay, then Anet just goes HAM and guts it. Which is fine I guess. I have no attachment to ranger, I just think it'll be a shame once they've nerfed every last ranger build out of the meta.

Every third player in wvw is soulbeast these day and it's not because it's a great zerg class. U can +1 players with a insane burst from 1500 range,make it unblock able ontop. Yeah sic em build may not fit in the team comp meta at high level MAT's but neither did DE but it was OP right? In wvw DE was a problem for most just as sic em is now. Most of wvw is open and with sic em builds u can one shot all zerk/maurader builds far to easy and if u want slot stone signet for invulnerability among other options for sustain. No skill regardless of class should hit for close to that dps from that range and certainly not unblockable. The just Los and dodge BS arguement works against every op skill in existence,stop using those lame excuses.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Idk man.Doing 10-12k Autohits from 1800+ range and doing enough dmg to kill the mount and bring the player in downstate in a single rapid fire is a bit much eh?

There is a reason why its the most played roaming class.

Its extremly easy to play and super save with its very good mobility + range.

It even has stealth!

I wouldn't know about that. I've never liked wvw and only pop in occasionally for a Gift of Battle or maybe some Grandmaster shards. Kinda off topic in the pvp forum imo.

@kin korn karn.9023 said:

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:High level teams are dictated by the meta TEAM comps is it not?

No offense, but your wording is awkward and I don't understand what you're trying to say. But it seems like you're focusing on "high level teams," while I'm talking about just about any individual player above gold division. This so-called "one-shot" stops working, and you have to earn your kills just like any class. I do agree that there may be a bit too much unblockable, or perhaps Sic Em provides a bit too much damage. But even as it is, there are already at least a few other dps builds with a superior kit to any Soulbeast build. Very much nerf and Sic Em build will become completely unviable, which I expect will happen because that's what's been done with every other ranger build (the most recent being Boon Beast). People complain on forum because they don't know how to counterplay, then Anet just goes HAM and guts it. Which is fine I guess. I have no attachment to ranger, I just think it'll be a shame once they've nerfed every last ranger build out of the meta.

I'm saying sic em build may not be used in high level mats due to their being better builds or classes that complement team play for example fb/scourge are a staple. Fb is far from a op roamer in wvw but alot of people people would say its OP in conquest and zergs. Same with scourge. Boonbeast would probably be more effective in conquest but in a mode like wvw sic em is more popular for a reason. It's easy to stay at range in a open map like wvw provides and merge,hit sitcom than lb2 and delete most classes,especially is ur +1 the opponent from 1500 range.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:High level teams are dictated by the meta TEAM comps is it not?

I'm saying sic em build may not be used in high level mats due to their being better builds or classes that complement team play for example fb/scourge are a staple. Fb is far from a op roamer in wvw but alot of people people would say its OP in conquest and zergs. Same with scourge. Boonbeast would probably be more effective in conquest but in a mode like wvw sic em is more popular for a reason. It's easy to stay at range in a open map like wvw provides and merge,hit sitcom than lb2 and delete most classes,especially is ur +1 the opponent from 1500 range.Oh, okay. This is the pvp forum, so I assumed we were talking about pvp. I can see what you're saying with open spaces, but wvw is not a gamemode I know or care much about.

@praqtos.9035 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Reduce Ranger's skill range to 1200. Then it will be 1500 and not 1800 like it is now.Its 1900 on first three skills and 1500 on 4rd. Dont believe me ? Log in the game and check yourself :)@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

There are ranger players ACTUALLY saying sic em needs a buff to make soulbeast competitive lmao somtimes u get a little faith in this community than u read garbage like that.Exactly. That what you said exactly happening with all this rampage-mains jumping at me with foam at the mouth ignoring opinion of other top players that left.

???

I literally told you that I know the skills exceed their intended 1500 range, because the arrow trajectory carries it a further 300 units (it's not 400 units like you said, it's 300). They probably can't fix the arrow arcing but they can make the range 1200 for 1-3 skills so that it actually becomes 1500 and not higher.

Not sure it matters or not, but as a player I reverted back to Druid from Soulbeast as it got super boring to just look away from the screen and press 2 buttons to defeat someone. Druid, while significantly lower on stats compared to Soulbeast, can kill opponents easily and it makes it more fun and challenging (looks at fellow Ranger players).

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

???

I literally told you that I know the skills exceed their intended 1500 range, because the arrow trajectory carries it a further 300 units (it's not 400 units like you said, it's 300). They probably can't fix the arrow arcing but they can make the range 1200 for 1-3 skills so that it actually becomes 1500 and not higher.If you can prove its 1800 I'm all ears.What I did is test with /say being 2000 range,abit stepping back from range where you can hit and you cant see /say anymore, so I assume its 1900 :)Do you think engi rifle autos are 1500 too? Highly doubt

Yes, Soulbeast should get nerfs.Yes, several other builds as well.Yes, there will be minor adjustments.Yes, ele still forgotten.Yes, nerf teef.No, the situation will not change (significantly).

On a constructive note: What was valid for DE, is also valid for Soulbeast. A build being able to burst this hard, should have to worry about not hitting their burst. Rev and thief need to go right into the action to burst and can be attacked accordingly. Bursting from 1500 range (or more), missing it and walking away without any fear is nothing that should exist.

Yes, I do think GS is more or less fine. As long as Sic' em gets changed and the one-hit capabilities reduced. It's not that supressing, it's just cheap and annoying.

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:I admit, part of my reason for starting a separate SlB thread is to see if they can collectively generate enough noise to get something done. It certainly worked on mesmer. The double standards may be insurmountable though.

With mirage it worked because an entire community required an attunement for the profession, here I only see people who require nerfs because they feel that their profession is no longer the strongest.