Elite spam appreciation thread

praqtos.9035

@praqtos.9035 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:Np. I mentioned many times alrdy . Enter rampage mode on warrior, see 20.000 hp boost. Log on engi ,do the same :)

I edited my post as you posted...

Ill add questions to this post but... Can you explain why my toughness is greatly boosted in Rampage mode with Berserk active?

I thought Berserk mode was meant to have lower toughness values?

No idea what your traits are tbh... With rampage +eternal champion + fatal frenzy my armor doesnt increased at all... what are your trait lines?

I think that was Defense/discipline... 700 toughness gain seems a bit much for thick skin though.

Was toying with Arc Divider under permanent quickness at the time.I cant reproduce this. What the hell are you running there... Probably some trait combination broke it...You dont have any retal...

Yea if I had retal it would boost my armor more from spiked armor or what ever its called.

Here are traits..http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQBYJLwe3sh2TLyAYqFAUqBpuUAA

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:Np. I mentioned many times alrdy . Enter rampage mode on warrior, see 20.000 hp boost. Log on engi ,do the same :)

Ill add questions to this post but... Can you explain why my toughness is greatly boosted in Rampage mode with Berserk active?

No idea what your traits are tbh... With rampage +eternal champion + fatal frenzy my armor doesnt increased at all... what are your trait lines?

I think that was Defense/discipline... 700 toughness gain seems a bit much for thick skin though.

Was toying with Arc Divider under permanent quickness at the time.I cant reproduce this. What the hell are you running there... Probably some trait combination broke it...You dont have any retal...

Yea if I had retal it would boost my armor more from spiked armor or what ever its called.

Here are traits..

Magic!!!! Its gives 1k toughness !Lets remove traits 1 by 1 to figure out which one gives that,simple,no ?

@praqtos.9035 said:

Here are traits..

Magic!!!! Its gives 1k toughness !Lets remove traits 1 by 1 to figure out which one gives that,simple,no ?

So you got the extra toughness now?May take you a while to work out which trait is breaking it though.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Here are traits..

So you got the extra toughness now?May take you a while to work out which trait is breaking it though.

Okay, I think I figured out... berserk elite spec + rampage = bonus 1k toughness... ?Yes literally traitless berserk elite spec, used berserk mode + rampage = 1k toughness. Super armored berserk mode on top of 25% reduction :cry:

@praqtos.9035 said:

Here are traits..

Okay, I think I figured out... berserk elite spec + rampage = bonus 1k toughness... ?Yes literally traitless berserk elite spec, used berserk mode + rampage = 1k toughness. Super armored berserk mode on top of 25% reduction :cry:

That has to be a bug lolNow lets make it a strength build hehehe

@praqtos.9035 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:Have fun if you would be able to pull it off. Biggest concer was triple AD.I actually had a lot of screenshots but deleted but on berserk elite rework I got GS3'd for 25k... only from it... so ye, ppl had fun :D

Now try adding power via might through that rampage...

I know you said that a trait gives 300 power in berserk mode but I had 12 stacks of might in Berserk mode and it was still the same as non berserk mode at 2 stacks of might.

That doesnt add up either, the 300 extra power should have been applied to my Rampage while in berserk mode. Instead I lost 300 power.

If you look at the 2 screens again..2 stacks of might without berserker mode = 2446 power12 stacks of might with Berserk active which should add another 300 power is still = 2446 power.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:Have fun if you would be able to pull it off. Biggest concer was triple AD.I actually had a lot of screenshots but deleted but on berserk elite rework I got GS3'd for 25k... only from it... so ye, ppl had fun :D

I know you said that a trait gives 300 power in berserk mode but I had 12 stacks of might in Berserk mode and it was still the same as non berserk mode at 2 stacks of might.

That doesnt add up either, the 300 extra power should have been applied to my Rampage while in berserk mode. Instead I lost 300 power.What ... ? I was actually at spellbreaker when I tested my rampage. Give me a moment o_OI dont know dude, its working for me...Look at your screenshot, you have NON BERSERK MODE 12 might - same power as BERSERK MODE RAMPAGE 2 MIGHTS (10 mights less which is 300 power,but trait gives you extra 300 power to compensate ,so you have equal might in these cases)

@praqtos.9035 said:

That doesnt add up either, the 300 extra power should have been applied to my Rampage while in berserk mode. Instead I lost 300 power.What ... ? I was actually at spellbreaker when I tested my rampage. Give me a moment o_O

I think youll see that if you prestack might then use berserker rampage, your power levels drop drastically.

Its almost as if 2446 is the default.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

That doesnt add up either, the 300 extra power should have been applied to my Rampage while in berserk mode. Instead I lost 300 power.What ... ? I was actually at spellbreaker when I tested my rampage. Give me a moment o_O

I think youll see that if you prestack might then use berserker rampage, your power levels drop drastically.

Read my previous post. My mights doesnt drop, when I pop rampage I got 100 more, probably because I run strenght, my power doesnt drop at allstart from 2345 ->3125. Used frenzy utility,BERSERK MODE and RAMPAGE. Even without strenght...Mate you derail hard, private messages plx. xD

@praqtos.9035 said:

Read my previous post. My mights doesnt drop, when I pop rampage I got 100 more, probably because I run strenght, my power doesnt drop at allstart from 2345 ->3125. Used frenzy utility,BERSERK MODE and RAMPAGE. Even without strenght...Mate you derail hard, private messages plx. xD

It might be a derailment but we've hashed out 2 bugs.

1. 2 stacks of might in rampage should be a lot less power than 12 stacks of might in rampage with berserker active. Not the same. Theres 600 power missing.
  2. Berserk spec gives rampage a free boost in toughness.

No need for private messages due to our conclusion but maybe these bugs need to be posted in the Warrior subforum.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Oh my gosh dude....Rampage without berserk mode 2 mights -> 2765Rampage with berserk 12 mights -> 3125Want screenshots...?You are confused in your own screenshots.You have 12 mights WITHOUT FRENZY (without trait 300 power) SAME POWER as2 might WITH FRENZY (300 power compensated from the trait so you have exact same power because trait back it up)

@praqtos.9035 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:Oh my gosh dude....Rampage without berserk mode 2 mights -> 2765Rampage with berserk 12 mights -> 3125Want screenshots...?

I already gave screen shots.I believe your spellbreaker is doing as you describe.

It shows it clearly that 2 stacks of might in rampage is 2446 power and that 12 stacks of might with berserk active for another 300 power is still 2446 power.

You can see for yourself in the screen shots lol

2 stacks of might is the same as 12 stacks of might in berserk mode which should grant another 300 power. Its like you think that im saying the opposite lol

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:Oh my gosh dude....Rampage without berserk mode 2 mights -> 2765Rampage with berserk 12 mights -> 3125Want screenshots...?

I already gave screen shots.I believe your spellbreaker is doing as you describe.

It shows it clearly that 2 stacks of might in rampage is 2446 power and that 12 stacks of might with berserk active for another 300 power is still 2446 power.

You can see for yourself in the screen shots lolOh.... wait...now im totally confused... Testing again...Ou yes... I'm not getting 300 power... from the trait in rampage...and might not working?Okay thats related to weird intrection between rampage + berserk mode. You are right to report it then xDWhile you being there ask them to fix rush and dagger leaps xD

@praqtos.9035 said:

You can see for yourself in the screen shots lolOh.... wait...now im totally confused... Testing again...Ou yes... I'm not getting 300 power... from the trait in rampage?

Pretty much.

Im going to make a video tomorrow though and post in war sub forum... its hard to show via pics but going berserk mode into rampage resets my might to 2446.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

You can see for yourself in the screen shots lolOh.... wait...now im totally confused... Testing again...Ou yes... I'm not getting 300 power... from the trait in rampage?

Pretty much.

Im going to make a video tomorrow though and post in war sub forum... its hard to show via pics but going berserk mode into rampage resets my might to 2446.

Might even have another pic that could help clarify as I took heaps to compare stats that day.

@praqtos.9035 said:

You can see for yourself in the screen shots lolOh.... wait...now im totally confused... Testing again...Ou yes... I'm not getting 300 power... from the trait in rampage...and might not working?Okay thats related to weird intrection between rampage + berserk mode. You are right to report it then xDWhile you being there ask them to fix rush and dagger leaps xD

you edited after I posted but yea you can see that now.

Also apologies for the derailment, this conversation was very intriguing and fluent. Felt good to accidentally find these bugs though.

@praqtos.9035 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:The average game lasts ~11 minutes.

That means a warrior can use his rampage skill just
eight
times per game if you use it when it's immediately off cooldown, which nobody does. It's not hard to make a rampage irrelevant, although it nearly always forces a decap.

I see room for a damage nerf of about 15 percent, but not much more. I also fail to see how EIGHT skill uses in one game is spam. Mesmers and engineers can use eight skills in one second.

As it pertains to PLB, who cares that the unblockable skill with a MASSIVE wind-up is 60 seconds. It means in a game, it can be used 11 times. If you can't dodge a skill like that, try a new game.

Pretty funny to hear from someone who never play the game anymore after s5, cant dodge PBL ?:DIts so hard to land when you have mesmer elite on 32s cd as toolbelt, I supposed to read his mind for when that comes out !If you read my first post I said they should bring other elites on their power level and cooldowns. Many elites sucks hard but they are on 3 minute cooldown.15% damage nerf wont do s**t to it and still will thrump you into dirt

I haven't played for leaderboard 'glory' since S5, but I still play the game actively, and with some of the best remaining players, too. I also was not suggesting I can't dodge PLB (not PBL....) I was saying those who can't should practice a bit harder.

15% dmg nerf is more than you think it is. There's a reason folks like you aren't in charge of balance.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

eight
times per game

So it's going to be up basically every time you enter a 1v1 on a 1v1 spec. That's SOOOOOO restrictive and limiting.

Wow, entering a 1v1 with a fresh bar. Very OP. Much wow. It's almost like that's how the game should be. The people who use their skills better will win.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:I also fail to see how EIGHT skill uses in one game is spam.

cuz in most cases its a guaranteed kill?

Is it? Not in higher tiers of PvP. There are so many counters to rampage it's not funny.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

eight
times per game if you use it when it's immediately off cooldown, which nobody does. It's not hard to make a rampage irrelevant, although it nearly always forces a decap.

I see room for a damage nerf of about 15 percent, but not much more. I also fail to see how EIGHT skill uses in one game is spam. Mesmers and engineers can use eight skills in one second.

As it pertains to PLB, who cares that the unblockable skill with a MASSIVE wind-up is 60 seconds. It means in a game, it can be used 11 times. If you can't dodge a skill like that, try a new game.

Pretty funny to hear from someone who never play the game anymore after s5, cant dodge PBL ?:DIts so hard to land when you have mesmer elite on 32s cd as toolbelt, I supposed to read his mind for when that comes out !If you read my first post I said they should bring other elites on their power level and cooldowns. Many elites sucks hard but they are on 3 minute cooldown.15% damage nerf wont do s**t to it and still will thrump you into dirt

I haven't played for leaderboard 'glory' since S5, but I still play the game actively, and with some of the best remaining players, too. I also was not suggesting I can't dodge PLB (not PBL....) I was saying those who can't should practice a bit harder.I cant dodge PLB coming from 6s stealth,thats what I said, if I would see he actually charge it I would dodge but aside that on holosmith literally every skill worth a dodge15% dmg nerf is more than you think it is. There's a reason folks like you aren't in charge of balance.15%? How about 50%? They actually might do that, they got used to that alrdy. Want to see that happen with rampage too. Or remove bonus health completely. So you can do big damage but had risk, as its now, zero at all.Ironically, they dont have a balance team. Not like you would ever make there either :joy:

@praqtos.9035 said:

eight

I haven't played for leaderboard 'glory' since S5, but I still play the game actively, and with some of the best remaining players, too. I also was not suggesting I can't dodge PLB (not PBL....) I was saying those who can't should practice a bit harder.I cant dodge PBL coming from 6s stealth,thats what I said, if I would see he actually charge it I would dodge but aside that on holosmith literally every skill worth a dodge15% dmg nerf is more than you think it is. There's a reason folks like you aren't in charge of balance.15%? How about 50%? They actually might do that, they got used to that alrdy. Want to see that happen with rampage too. Or remove bonus health completely. So you can do big damage but had risk, as its now, zero at all.Ironically, they dont have a balance team. Not like you would ever make there either :joy:

I wouldn't apply for it. It's a thankless job. Balance is better now than it has been in a long time.

If you want me to understand what you're saying, perhaps use punctuation and spell things correctly.

A side note: There are three "must evade" skills for holo. The Corona Burst which gives stability -- note: you must dodge the second burst, too. This can be blocked, ranged or evaded. Last, you must dodge or range Prime Light Beam. Which isn't difficult. Most engineers will not use stealth to set it up, as with only one source of stealth, it's typically a reserve for escape.

I could go on for must evade skills for warrior, but I fear you're a bit too blind in your mission to complain about skills that most folks know how to deal with.

A final note: I'm not in opposition to balance in the form of tuning, nor am I opposed to bringing elites like Lich into line with commonly used elites to improve build diversity. I'm just opposed to people who talk about things without taking time to learn how to counter them.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

eight

I haven't played for leaderboard 'glory' since S5, but I still play the game actively, and with some of the best remaining players, too. I also was not suggesting I can't dodge PLB (not PBL....) I was saying those who can't should practice a bit harder.I cant dodge PBL coming from 6s stealth,thats what I said, if I would see he actually charge it I would dodge but aside that on holosmith literally every skill worth a dodge15% dmg nerf is more than you think it is. There's a reason folks like you aren't in charge of balance.15%? How about 50%? They actually might do that, they got used to that alrdy. Want to see that happen with rampage too. Or remove bonus health completely. So you can do big damage but had risk, as its now, zero at all.Ironically, they dont have a balance team. Not like you would ever make there either :joy:

I wouldn't apply for it. It's a thankless job. Balance is better now than it has been in a long time.

If you want me to understand what you're saying, perhaps use punctuation and spell things correctly.

A side note: There are three "must evade" skills for holo. The Corona Burst which gives stability -- note: you must dodge the second burst, too. This can be blocked, ranged or evaded. Last, you must dodge or range Prime Light Beam. Which isn't difficult. Most engineers will not use stealth to set it up, as with only one source of stealth, it's typically a reserve for escape.So,rifle 4 ,holo5 and holo2/4 are facetank'able ? Every skill in the game is range'able ,wow ,what a discovery lad!Some info : in 6s they resustain and pew a laser more often than not, chances of interrupts/seeing it coming is about 0.Thats like when you fought scepter mesmer you had to evade only scepter that did 10k over 2.25s but it was 50% nerfed. With such logic every skill is ezpz to counter,just l2p evade/block/invul lad.I could go on for must evade skills for warrior, but I fear you're a bit too blind in your mission to complain about skills that most folks know how to deal with.My mission is bring either skills in more "balanced" state or if they not willing to, make other skills that cant not even close to be strong as it is the same cooldown at least and its counter as well ;)A final note: I'm not in opposition to balance in the form of tuning, nor am I opposed to bringing elites like Lich into line with commonly used elites to improve build diversity. I'm just opposed to people who talk about things without taking time to learn how to counter them.Arguing with such ppl... much a facepalm ....

@TorQ.7041 said:

@TorQ.7041 said:All this really condenses to is you don't know how to fight warrior. Want it nerfed so you beat it.

I guess that's the general trend of all these posts.All high plat/legendary/monthly winners/ESL players need to SHUT UP and GIT GUD © Gold2-3 player

Last time I checked gw2 isn't in ESL. c gold2-3? What you talking about lol.Wait a second ,I'll fix it :' D

I still have no idea what your reference to gold2-3 means. I am in plat. Rampage doesn't let me auto win. But it is the only time I can dish out pressure. As most side noders I play against dodge/block/evade my other skills. The most I can do is stalemate against higher players and even then I don't kill them. Staying in rampage mode also isn't always the best idea as u need cleanse and evade as some of these players can dps you down in rampage.Not like I dig your posts but I do remember you saying you were in ~gold2-3, dont remember exact(wait,you are playing warrior and now in plat? Congrats :D). As you ignored my post as well. All those people like Angels/falan/flandre etc agree its need a nerf and many other p3/legend players it need a need a nerf, as I said, all of them should git gud, right !The only easy kills are players in gold. Above gold I have not witness easy kills just by being in rampage.Yet,seeing this everydaySure I can agree the dmg and cc is high. But I disagree that warrior is this unstoppable interupting killing machine you make it out to be.And only thing that can interrupt it is massive conditions/corrupts from the scourge.You say people can dps you down? With 20k extra health and 25% damage reduction you can die ? More rampage-mains want to argue ? If you are blind I offer ultimate solution: make other elites around 60 seconds, including direct counter to it(I'm sure pros like you wont be against moa on 60s/72s cd)

Yeah I was gold 3 like 3 season ago. When I only played thief. The moment I tired out every other class I moved to plat and I have climbed and maintained there since. Looks like you went through my post to try to put me down cos I was in gold ages ago. That's hilarious. It's preciously the point I am making. The moment I tired all the other classes. Suddenly nothing was so op. You should try it some time.I did play every class at some point without maining them. I enjoy playing warrior and rampage is just retarded on its cooldown, if you cant utilize that stupid skill,thats all on youI fight against all the "pro" players you so worship. Sure they can have their "pro" opinions. But so what. All of them have opinions on every other class."worship" =/= use an example that i'm not alone who know rampage is blatantly OP and they are not random gold scrubs. They are way better than you will ever be and these who seriously type "just dodge"

@praqtos.9035 said:

@TorQ.7041 said:All this really condenses to is you don't know how to fight warrior. Want it nerfed so you beat it.

I guess that's the general trend of all these posts.All high plat/legendary/monthly winners/ESL players need to SHUT UP and GIT GUD © Gold2-3 player

Last time I checked gw2 isn't in ESL. c gold2-3? What you talking about lol.Wait a second ,I'll fix it :' D

I still have no idea what your reference to gold2-3 means. I am in plat. Rampage doesn't let me auto win. But it is the only time I can dish out pressure. As most side noders I play against dodge/block/evade my other skills. The most I can do is stalemate against higher players and even then I don't kill them. Staying in rampage mode also isn't always the best idea as u need cleanse and evade as some of these players can dps you down in rampage.Not like I dig your posts but I do remember you saying you were in ~gold2-3, dont remember exact(wait,you are playing warrior and now in plat? Congrats :D). As you ignored my post as well. All those people like Angels/falan/flandre etc agree its need a nerf and many other p3/legend players it need a need a nerf, as I said, all of them should git gud, right !The only easy kills are players in gold. Above gold I have not witness easy kills just by being in rampage.Yet,seeing this everydaySure I can agree the dmg and cc is high. But I disagree that warrior is this unstoppable interupting killing machine you make it out to be.And only thing that can interrupt it is massive conditions/corrupts from the scourge.You say people can dps you down? With 20k extra health and 25% damage reduction you can die ? More rampage-mains want to argue ? If you are blind I offer ultimate solution: make other elites around 60 seconds, including direct counter to it(I'm sure pros like you wont be against moa on 60s/72s cd)

Yeah I was gold 3 like 3 season ago. When I only played thief. The moment I tired out every other class I moved to plat and I have climbed and maintained there since. Looks like you went through my post to try to put me down cos I was in gold ages ago. That's hilarious. It's preciously the point I am making. The moment I tired all the other classes. Suddenly nothing was so op. You should try it some time.I did play every class at some point without maining them. I enjoy playing warrior and rampage is just kitten on its cooldown, if you cant utilize that stupid skill,thats all on youI fight against all the "pro" players you so worship. Sure they can have their "pro" opinions. But so what. All of them have opinions on every other class."worship" =/= use an example that i'm not alone who know rampage is blatantly OP and they are not random gold scrubs. They are way better than you will ever be and these who seriously type "just dodge"

Good I don't intend to be as good as them. I played PvP for 5 seasons. Barely over a year I can go toe to toe with them. It really is map awareness and just dodge. But it looks like you can't do either.

@praqtos.9035 said:

Yeah I was gold 3 like 3 season ago. When I only played thief. The moment I tired out every other class I moved to plat and I have climbed and maintained there since. Looks like you went through my post to try to put me down cos I was in gold ages ago. That's hilarious. It's preciously the point I am making. The moment I tired all the other classes. Suddenly nothing was so op. You should try it some time.I did play every class at some point without maining them. I enjoy playing warrior and rampage is just kitten on its cooldown, if you cant utilize that stupid skill,thats all on youI fight against all the "pro" players you so worship. Sure they can have their "pro" opinions. But so what. All of them have opinions on every other class."worship" =/= use an example that i'm not alone who know rampage is blatantly OP and they are not random gold scrubs. They are way better than you will ever be and these who seriously type "just dodge"

You played every other class and still die to rampage ??? ok nothing can help you.