Why can we zoom inside a character model?

Just had this creepy encounter :o :

DAOEzh3.jpg

"Inside Caithe's head" now has a new meaning. ;) Looks like she was permanently tormented. :p

Never understood why the engine would allow us to zoom into the insides of a character model instead of removing it from our PoV once we are zooming beyond the skin barrier.

@Jemmi.6058 said:It always seems weird to me that my camera can easily zoom inside my characters face, but it cannot zoom inside other objects (i.e. trees/cliff), which forces the camera into awkward angles/perspectives when in tight spaces.

This is true, too! Some jumping puzzles can drive you mad with their constant change in zoom and forced angles. It would be so much nicer to have them simply removed from our sight when blocking the player's view from behind the character model.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Jemmi.6058 said:It always seems weird to me that my camera can easily zoom inside my characters face, but it cannot zoom inside other objects (i.e. trees/cliff), which forces the camera into awkward angles/perspectives when in tight spaces.

This is true, too! Some jumping puzzles can drive you mad with their constant change in zoom and forced angles. It would be so much nicer to have them simply removed from our sight when blocking the player's view from behind the character model.

While it is a different perspective, I find the technology used in Divinity Original Sin 2 is quite good for this sort of thing. If you move underneath a tree or whatever, part of it sort of fades away so you can still see your character.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Increase fov to max,could be wrong but now u can't.

That would be beside the point. I like being able to zoom into 1st person PoV if required.

@Jemmi.6058 said:While it is a different perspective, I find the technology used in Divinity Original Sin 2 is quite good for this sort of thing. If you move underneath a tree or whatever, part of it sort of fades away so you can still see your character.

This is would I would love to have in GW2 as well. :) And not being able to see my character's (or anyone's) insides. ;)