40 inch 4k monitor GUI improvement

As the title say, I feel the need for at least 2 very important changes.

1 - give me the option to make my mouse pointer 4 times bigger, and would be nice to make it white, that light brown dissolves in the dust very easy during combat.

2 - Mini map need to be 4 times bigger also.

Feel free to add your 4k GUI requests below.

@"sorudo.9054" said:isn't it more your own fault for using a TV as a monitor, i mean, you're asking Anet to make the game fit a 40" tv while it's made for a 30" tops.

Welcome in 2019...A lot of people use tv as monitor.Is IT the best no.but IT does the job pretty well .

@"sorudo.9054" said:isn't it more your own fault for using a TV as a monitor, i mean, you're asking Anet to make the game fit a 40" tv while it's made for a 30" tops.

A 40 inch 4K TV is a better scenario than your 30 inch 4K monitor if people are complaining about small UI components. They would be bigger on the 40 inch TV, yet people are still losing their mouse cursor and having trouble reading the UI.

If you want to see what I mean, and if you have an Nvidia graphics card, go into the Nvidia Control Panel and enable DSR (just check all the boxes for now because idk what your current screen resolution is). Log into GW2 and open your graphics options. Change your resolution to 3840x2160. DSR will downscale and smooth the image to fit your monitor.

Now look at how small your UI is. That's how people with 4K displays see their UI. This is why I bought a 1440p monitor rather than a 4K one. It makes GW1 unplayable.

Mouse cursor is lost most times due visual clutter imo, the screen size won’t matter much.

I use a 32:10 45” scree, maybe on 21:9 and 16:10 it’s easy to loose the mouse pointer, but I would mainly blame the visual noise produced by the skillsplashing effect.

@Emberstone.2904 said:

A 40 inch 4K TV is a better scenario than your 30 inch 4K monitor if people are complaining about small UI components. They would be bigger on the 40 inch TV, yet people are still losing their mouse cursor and having trouble reading the UI.

If you want to see what I mean, and if you have an Nvidia graphics card, go into the Nvidia Control Panel and enable DSR (just check all the boxes for now because idk what your current screen resolution is). Log into GW2 and open your graphics options. Change your resolution to 3840x2160. DSR will downscale and smooth the image to fit your monitor.

Now look at how small your UI is. That's how people with 4K displays see their UI. This is why I bought a 1440p monitor rather than a 4K one. It makes GW1 unplayable.

i have a curved 28" screen, there is absolutely no need for anything bigger then that unless you want to go blind.also, you can just lower your resolution, i play on 3K upscaled and it works fine.

@sorudo.9054 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:isn't it more your own fault for using a TV as a monitor, i mean, you're asking Anet to make the game fit a 40" tv while it's made for a 30" tops.

i have a curved 28" screen, there is absolutely no need for anything bigger then that unless you want to go blind.also, you can just lower your resolution, i play on 3K upscaled and it works fine.

A lot of people enjoy playing from their couches. A lot of people have a dedicated TV in their office that their PC is hooked up to (I do). A lot of people just have their PC in their living room. Telling them to just run at a lower resolution is a really, really bad solution because playing at a resolution lower than your native is always going to result in a significantly reduced visual quality. Even if you use a resolution that perfectly divides into 4K, like 1080p (where one pixel in 1080p will equal exactly four when scaled to 4K), almost all displays will use bilinear scaling rather than integer scaling, which is why you end up with a very blurred image.

Case in point, 720p is exactly 1/4 of 1440p, yet it looks like garbage on my monitor because it does not use integer scaling on what should be a perfectly even upscale. Just put four pixels to every one 720p pixel, but it would rather interpolate and blur across the image when it isn't necessary.

Maybe you're okay with running a blurrier image, but I am not. People buy 4K displays for clarity, not to have worse quality than if they were just running a 1080p display.

And really? You think people are going to go blind because they like playing games on their living room TV? Congrats on having a fancy curved display (because why not mention that for the extra flex), though.

Pretty much, the only reasons you say people shouldn't have more scaling options is "because I think so." Not for any particular reason. You're arguing just to be contrary.

WoW lets you input a custom UI size even without addons for people with specific needs. I don't see why Guild Wars 2 has to be in the dark ages in this regard. Hell, I'd even love the ability to use third-party UI addons here, but we all know that'll never happen.

I use a Samsung 43" 4K LED - NU7100 Series and don't have the issues described with the game. If there is an issue with the scaling then you need to check the display settings in Windows not GW2. Look for the Scale and layout section under Display Settings, I have mine set at 175%, you can play around with yours to get it to your preference for scaling all text, apps and other items. My resolution is set at 3840x2160.

@"dmone.5631" said:I use a Samsung 43" 4K LED - NU7100 Series and don't have the issues described with the game. If there is an issue with the scaling then you need to check the display settings in Windows not GW2. Look for the Scale and layout section under Display Settings, I have mine set at 175%, you can play around with yours to get it to your preference for scaling all text, apps and other items. My resolution is set at 3840x2160.

Those are not issues, they are possible improvements, I'm not complaining

Having a 40 inch 4k tv gives the same ppi as 20 inch FHD, everything looks fine, no issues reading or anything, it's just that since I have all that working space, the mini map could be 4 times the current size without getting in the way.

The mouse issue i guess is the same for everyone, its small and soft color

Who says he is using a TV? you do know that you can get 40 inch 4k monitors now right? I should know, I have one...

@"sorudo.9054" said:i have a curved 28" screen, there is absolutely no need for anything bigger then that unless you want to go blind.

I had a 28 inch for many years and at the time was happy with it also, but when you get a 40 inch you get a far more immersive experience, just don't sit to close, I could never go back to 28 now, 40 is an absolute joy to play on.

• 3 weeks later...