Arc Divider: Reduced damage in PvP and WvW by 25%. The downfall of berserker!

Hitman.5829

I really don't know what to think about this kind of topics... When you people will understand that this kind of damage should not be allowed at all(power or condition). Be it elementalist, mememsmer, yolosmith, warrior, peanut or anything else. You guys got used to powercreeped numbers and now create such BS topics...If the powercreep will continue, don't be surprisied when only cheese lovers will be playing wvw/pvp after release of next x-pack.

I thought they did a good job for a change. heavy handed and why did it go out that high etc. but overall about right warrior bias says 20% but heyconsidering what happened to sb it was a xmas miracle.any less and the complaints would continue (quite rightly) any more and it would need some actual balancing maybe on cd.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@TheBravery.9615 said:i honestly expected a heavier nerf

a 75% arc divider is still balls to wall powerful

I agree ... and as we have seen in the past, Anet take some small steps for these things until they hit the spot they think is good ... like the dozen direct DPS increases on Necro Axe. I'm surprised they didn't do the SPB Full Counter nerf ... 75% decrease was it? To be fair ... THAT is more like where Arc Divider should be ... around 5-7K total. ONce it get's there, people won't be so excited about Berserker anymore, guaranteed.

I dunno, that Full Counter nerf was a bit too much. Yes it needed a nerf, but not the amount they did it. Now it’s an aegis with some tickle damage.

I won't debate exactly what it should be ... but if it was too big at 20K to deserve a nerf ... it's still too much at 15K too. I'm anticipating another hit.

How does it compare to Sic'em+Rapid Fire or Shatter Spike though? There are instagib spikes on several professions, so is a 15-20k Arc Divider that cannot be set up prior to entering combat that out of line?

Honestly this. I don't have a problem with stuff like arc divider doing very high damage as you can't ambush someone with it like you can other silly high damage skills.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

I agree ... and as we have seen in the past, Anet take some small steps for these things until they hit the spot they think is good ... like the dozen direct DPS increases on Necro Axe. I'm surprised they didn't do the SPB Full Counter nerf ... 75% decrease was it? To be fair ... THAT is more like where Arc Divider should be ... around 5-7K total. ONce it get's there, people won't be so excited about Berserker anymore, guaranteed.

I dunno, that Full Counter nerf was a bit too much. Yes it needed a nerf, but not the amount they did it. Now it’s an aegis with some tickle damage.

I won't debate exactly what it should be ... but if it was too big at 20K to deserve a nerf ... it's still too much at 15K too. I'm anticipating another hit.

How does it compare to Sic'em+Rapid Fire or Shatter Spike though? There are instagib spikes on several professions, so is a 15-20k Arc Divider that cannot be set up prior to entering combat that out of line?

Honestly this. I don't have a problem with stuff like arc divider doing very high damage as you can't ambush someone with it like you can other silly high damage skills.

Sure you can

with death from above traited, jump on a crowd of enemies, spin to win x2 = easily kill a quarter of an enemy zerg solo

or

Warclaw maul + spin to win x2 = ez kills

or

Cloaking water / stealth + spin to win x2 etc you get the point

@TheBravery.9615 said:

Sure you can

with death from above traited, jump on a crowd of enemies, spin to win x2 = easily kill a quarter of an enemy zerg solo

or

or

I am trying to read this with a straight face, but I can't.Seriously, people suggesting cloaking waters to make berserker reliable as an ambush class.

I am seriously laughing my donkey off just imagining a warrior sitting/camping cloacking waters for some one to come inside SMC. That has to be the most boring and pathetic warrior in GW2.

Also, to use arc divider, you need adrenaline. How are you going to generate adrenaline if you remain in stealth? You need to be in combat to generate adrenaline, but if you attack, you get revealed so....

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:It hits three times and has a maximum radius of 480. For comparison, Meteor Shower, one of the largest AOE's, has a radius of 360.

That means you can't dodge twice backwards from point blank range to get out of it. Either you block, go invulnerable, interrupt it or get out of range before the attack even happens.

It does have counterplay so that's not the point I'm trying to make. What I'm saying is that prior to the "nerf", this skill literally forced players either to burn both their dodges and still take a 6 - 8k hit on the third strike, or to use a high cost defensive skill like a block or invulnerability (something not every build has access to and in the case of Necromancer, does not have at all).

It wasn't a nerf. It was basically a bug fix.

This is still a devastating skill. Take a look at Reaper's Soul Spiral for comparison which is similar in function. Though the individual hits aren't heavily damaging (often not going higher than 3k), they are capable of outright killing someone if every hit connects. The change to Arc Divider means you have to use it at the proper time, unlike before when you could literally use it when ever during a fight and have a high chance of either killing them or kitten close. It still has a colossal radius and almost guarantees Adrenal Health procs. If anyone seriously thinks this skill is weak they might want to try some other classes for a while.

And to the people comparing anything to Soulbeast... Really? It is widely agreed upon to be one of the most overtuned specs at the moment. If what you want for Warrior is for it to be the same level of faceroll as Soulbeast, then what you want for Warrior isn't balance.

1.- It has variable radius 240, 360 and 480, with an average radius of 360.2.- Dodges are not required, every class has skills that evade or block attacks. And they have them by the bunch!3.- Blinds, everyone has blindness condition by the bunch.

If people are dying to arc divider, it is because they are noobs.Every class has so many ways to counter the warrior and make it completely useless in a 1 vs 1 fight.For example: A thief blind build alone can render a warrior useless.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:It hits three times and has a maximum radius of 480. For comparison, Meteor Shower, one of the largest AOE's, has a radius of 360.

That means you can't dodge twice backwards from point blank range to get out of it. Either you block, go invulnerable, interrupt it or get out of range before the attack even happens.

It
does
have counterplay so that's not the point I'm trying to make. What I'm saying is that prior to the "nerf", this skill literally forced players either to burn both their dodges and still take a 6 - 8k hit on the third strike, or to use a high cost defensive skill like a block or invulnerability (something not every build has access to and in the case of Necromancer, does not have at all).

This is still a devastating skill. Take a look at Reaper's Soul Spiral for comparison which is similar in function. Though the individual hits aren't heavily damaging (often not going higher than 3k), they are capable of outright killing someone if every hit connects. The change to Arc Divider means you have to use it at the proper time, unlike before when you could literally use it when ever during a fight and have a high chance of either killing them or kitten close. It still has a colossal radius and almost guarantees Adrenal Health procs. If anyone seriously thinks this skill is weak they might want to try some other classes for a while.

And to the people comparing
anything
to Soulbeast... Really? It is widely agreed upon to be one of the most overtuned specs at the moment. If what you want for Warrior is for it to be the same level of faceroll as Soulbeast, then what you want for Warrior isn't balance.

1.- It has variable radius 240, 360 and 480, with an average radius of 360.2.- Dodges are not required, every class has skills that evade or block attacks. And they have them by the bunch!3.- Blinds, everyone has blindness condition by the bunch.

If people are dying to arc divider, it is because they are noobs.Every class has so many ways to counter the warrior and make it completely useless in a 1 vs 1 fight.For example: A thief blind build alone can render a warrior useless.

Wait, doesn't zerker stance/feather foot grace or even shake it off work vs thief then? Give me a break dude you keep talking as if warrior is the runt of the litter who is always picked on. Theif being able to out kite/maneuver would be a better argument I guess.

If you're dying to shadow shot then your are noob.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

It
does
have counterplay so that's not the point I'm trying to make. What I'm saying is that prior to the "nerf", this skill literally forced players either to burn both their dodges and still take a 6 - 8k hit on the third strike, or to use a high cost defensive skill like a block or invulnerability (something not every build has access to and in the case of Necromancer, does not have at all).

And to the people comparing
anything
to Soulbeast... Really? It is widely agreed upon to be one of the most overtuned specs at the moment. If what you want for Warrior is for it to be the same level of faceroll as Soulbeast, then what you want for Warrior isn't balance.

Wait, doesn't zerker stance/feather foot grace or even shake it off work vs thief then? Give me a break dude you keep talking as if warrior is the runt of the litter who is always picked on. Theif being able to out kite/maneuver would be a better argument I guess.

If you're dying to shadow shot then your are noob.

looks like someone does not play warrior at all. Or perhaps plays against noobs that have 0 skill and that is why he thinks warrior is ok.let me tell you something boy, warrior stands no chance against a thief and the reason is simple. Warrior does not have the means to deal with thieves.

A good thief with perma blind build can toy with a warrior as he pleases. Please don't tell me you play in lower tier trash servers, maybe that is why you don't know what it is like to face against good thieves.

Of all the thieves that i fight, i kill 95% because they are noobs, but the real master thieves that I fight once in a while, they kick my ass so hard because they have too much BS skills that it puts the warrior to shame.

A good thief should never lose to a good warrior. FACT.

Oh dear, you are very delusional or just trolling at this point.

I think your problem is that you ONLY play warrior and don't know how other classes work.

When I play warrior I am far more afraid of a rev (who has 1 blind?) Then any thief build you can think of, thief takes 3 shots there's days to down them. The blind spam alone is not the issue is they can do it while being able to 450 range dash and keep out of melee range. Good thieves will force to fight you in the open fields rather then say something like the ruins or with obstructions.

Anyway what does low tier servers have to do with skilled people? Its normally the higher teir populated servers that have the most bad players in it.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:Oh dear, you are very delusional or just trolling at this point.

I think your problem is that you ONLY play warrior and don't know how other classes work.

When I play warrior I am far more afraid of a rev (who has 1 blind?) Then any thief build you can think of, thief takes 3 shots there's days to down them. The blind spam alone is not the issue is they can do it while being able to 450 range dash and keep out of melee range. Good thieves will force to fight you in the open fields rather then say something like the ruins or with obstructions.

Anyway what does low tier servers have to do with skilled people? Its normally the higher teir populated servers that have the most bad players in it.

Nah, good thieves are hard to fight. Too much disengage. A good thief will just poke you to make your sustain go on CD and restealth and then burst you. Bad thieves stay near you while in stealth though. Bad mesmers do as well for that matter.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:Oh dear, you are very delusional or just trolling at this point.

Nah, good thieves are hard to fight. Too much disengage. A good thief will just poke you to make your sustain go on CD and restealth and then burst you. Bad thieves stay near you while in stealth though. Bad mesmers do as well for that matter.

Never said that they were easy, I semi main both war and theif. And most thieves theres days are daredevil staff or s/d - sod all stealth.

@Turk.5460 said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:Warrior mains and their definition of wet noodles...

I'm still hitting players for 5-8k per section of a single Arc Divider. Doesn't seem very noodle like to me. OP please don't be like the Necro forums...

My thoughts exactly. never happy until they're overpowered. Then it's "fine smile" LUL

@Hitman.5829 said:

Sure you can

or

or

I am trying to read this with a straight face, but I can't.Seriously, people suggesting cloaking waters to make berserker reliable as an ambush class.

I am seriously laughing my
donkey
off just imagining a warrior sitting/camping cloacking waters for some one to come inside SMC. That has to be the most boring and pathetic warrior in GW2.

Reminds me of all those Soulbeast that stay on the tops of walls.

@TheBravery.9615 said:said:Sure you can

or

or

Can berserker magically teleport himself into the zerg (or above the zerg to launch himself into them like a bomb lel) and not dying in 1 sec?

@KelyNeli.4516 said:

or

or

Can berserker magically teleport himself into the zerg (or above the zerg to launch himself into them like a bomb lel) and not dying in 1 sec?

Endure Pain + Rush?

@"TheBravery.9615" said:said:Sure you can

or

or

Endure Pain + Rush?

I refuse to accept a definition of the word "ambush" that includes a heavily armoured norn sprinting from a distance at an enemy group in plain sight while screaming at the top of his lungs. If that's a sneak attack then there's no actual point debating this hahaha xD

Also, pretty sure you need adrenaline to enter berserk right? So if you use utilities to get adrenaline fast enough to open with arc divider, you then have basically no utilities left for the fight. And you are still as stealthy as a brick tied to a whoopie cushion thrown through a china shop window.

or

or

Endure Pain + Rush?

Its basically a kamikaze, since once you do it you have no chance to survive no matter if you down one or two people, they will rally up after their team will kill you.Its 100% useless.You also need signet to generate 30 adrenaline or head but, but then you are sacrificing 3 utility slots in order to do this useless move, which wont hurt zerg at all.Unless you have your whole team backing you.

or

or

Endure Pain + Rush?
  • Endure pain =/= immunity.
  • Rush takes about 2.5 seconds to travel the full distance, that means 2.5 seconds exposed to attacks without means to defend yourself. by the time you reach enemy serg, you are left with 1.5 seconds endure pain.

It is sometimes nice to play warrior once in a while so you know how things are going on for the warrior.

@Hitman.5829 said:

or

or

Endure Pain + Rush?
  • Endure pain =/= immunity.
  • Rush takes about 2.5 seconds to travel the full distance, that means 2.5 seconds exposed to attacks without means to defend yourself. by the time you reach enemy serg, you are left with 1.5 seconds endure pain.

It is sometimes nice to play warrior once in a while so you know how things are going on for the warrior.

I do play a great deal of warrior :pensive: since launch in fact. While EP is not immunity to condi you can also run Defiant Stance in addition to it or instead of it. Yes you need the signet or headbutt to land the burst, but you will survive long enough to land the burst and WWA out of there. swap to Sword if you need another mobility skill to get out. Perhaps you need to spend more time playing warrior yourself?

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

or

or

Endure Pain + Rush?

I refuse to accept a definition of the word "ambush" that includes a heavily armoured norn sprinting from a distance at an enemy group in plain sight while screaming at the top of his lungs. If that's a sneak attack then there's no actual point debating this hahaha xD

Also, pretty sure you need adrenaline to enter berserk right? So if you use utilities to get adrenaline fast enough to open with arc divider, you then have basically no utilities left for the fight. And you are still as stealthy as a brick tied to a whoopie cushion thrown through a china shop window.

I was pointing out the only real way warriors have to get into the zerg and melee bomb.

@Hitman.5829 said:

Sure you can

or

or

donkey
off just imagining a warrior sitting/camping cloacking waters for some one to come inside SMC. That has to be the most boring and pathetic warrior in GW2.

Also, to use arc divider, you need adrenaline. How are you going to generate adrenaline if you remain in stealth? You need to be in combat to generate adrenaline, but if you attack, you get revealed so....

Literally just incorporate headbutt into any of those and it works.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

Sure you can

or

or

donkey

Literally just incorporate headbutt into any of those and it works.

This is not a false statement.