Black Lion Keys and Transmutation Charges temporary removed from Map-Completion Rewards

@Cristalyan.5728 said:This is excellent for a new player. To raise the level you should do events in the maps and map completion. Now you should wait lvl 80 for completing the map.Living World (season 3, season 4 and possibly season 2) maps are level 80 content beyond the main/expansion storylines. They aren't and never were meant for leveling, that's what core Tyria is for.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even without the 1h cool-down, how long does it take to do this? You've still got to go through the initial story and run around the whole map...20 minutes?

I might just try it out to time it using regular teleport to friends, of which i have far too many kicking around and wouldn't mind monetizing. But i suspect i'll get bored in a hurry for a chance at a single key. I just don't see how this is a significant exploit. The timer is too long on that device anyway.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Tiviana.2650 said:I think you disabling them for map completion is wrong, there is nothing wrong with the keys and charges nor how they are normally acquired. You should disable the item that caused the problem please. Those of us that dont exploit are being punished because now we cant get charges or the chance at a key. Disable the problem not the charges. Another thing you didnt disable the other map completion rewards and they were spamming those also, why not disable those too?

It was only disabled for 2 days. I almost-completed 3 maps yesterday. I just left one Vista open on each map and finished them today after the patch. No problem at all...

The only thing I wished Anet had done was sending players a message ingame. btw, I did the three Vistas today and therefore completed three zones and got no key.

Did you get Transmutation Charges? Black Lion Chest Keys don't drop 75% of the time. (Or, in my case, about 95% of the time.)

Yes, I got transmutation charges. And I just completed another map and got a key.

@Deimos.4263 said:Even without the 1h cool-down, how long does it take to do this? You've still got to go through the initial story and run around the whole map...20 minutes?

I might just try it out to time it using regular teleport to friends, of which i have far too many kicking around and wouldn't mind monetizing. But i suspect i'll get bored in a hurry for a chance at a single key. I just don't see how this is a significant exploit. The timer is too long on that device anyway.

Still faster than going through the first 10 levels worth of story for a BLC key and that was abused enough to limit to one per week.

I agree that the cooldown makes this device useless for many people. I would think that eliminating map rewards from Living World maps for characters below level 80 would be a sufficient fix but no doubt there are other exploits I haven’t thought of. As @Turkeyspit.3965 said, these people are why we can’t have nice things. :unamused:

@nottsgman.8206 said:It isn't fixed on normal maps, loaded in after the patch and completed a map I'd been waiting on (fields of ruin), no key or charge in the rewards, and yes the character was level 80

I have completed 4 maps today, 3 in Tyria and one PoF map. I got transmutation charges in the first 3 maps and a key in the PoF map. Looks fine to me.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@"Cristalyan.5728" said:This is excellent for a new player. To raise the level you should do events in the maps and map completion. Now you should wait lvl 80 for completing the map.Living World (season 3, season 4 and possibly season 2) maps are level 80 content beyond the main/expansion storylines. They aren't and never were meant for leveling, that's what core Tyria is for.

You are right. I was wrong , sorry. I wrongly understood the "Living World" as Open World (including low level maps in Tyria).

Sorry again.