Deadeye for a new player

StayM.9162

Hi everybody, i started to play like 2 month ago and right now i'm chilling with my holo but i was trying the thief and I like a lot the Concept, especially the Deadeye.

A thief invis one shot sniper is like my wet dream.So, how the DE is doing right now? Especially in WvW cause i care relatively about PvE and i see a LOT of complain in pvp being the most hated class (is this even remotely true?)

The stealth sniper concept was cool to me as well. Spending 95% of my playtime jumping thru smoke feilds killed the fun for me really fast. It has no survivability outside of stealth as well. So never really touched it for long. Others though seem to do well on it and will chime in more informative answers hopefully. Have fun :)

@StayM.9162 said:Hi everybody, i started to play like 2 month ago and right now i'm chilling with my holo but i was trying the thief and I like a lot the Concept, especially the Deadeye.

A thief invis one shot sniper is like my wet dream.So, how the DE is doing right now? Especially in WvW cause i care relatively about PvE and i see a LOT of complain in pvp being the most hated class (is this even remotely true?)

and yea if you gonna play DE you have 2 options. You gonna grind hard and become good and ppl will salt the holly makrelass out of you or you will be just bad and ppl will salt the holly macrellas out of you and you gonna also get salted by those who will stomp you to the point on far.As of late ppl love to use unicorn rainbow finisher so if you are okay with being stabbed to the ground with one of those begining with DE is just for you xD

@StayM.9162 said:Hi everybody, i started to play like 2 month ago and right now i'm chilling with my holo but i was trying the thief and I like a lot the Concept, especially the Deadeye.

Learning thief requires developing an instinctual sense of your own damage and risk you are taking.

On Deadeye, you will want to strike hard and reposition, then strike hard again. That can involve waiting out enemy defenses and playing around them in PvP.

The best advice is to pick a build that you can use to practice and ask more experienced DE to work with you to understand combos that work and also get you used to the profession.

Do you have an MMO mouse? That will help if you can bind skills to that for easy access. You will also want to rebind your skills generally to avoid clicking your skills (I say this as you said you started two months ago).

If you are NA I’m willing to help. Give friend me and whisper me in game. I’m usually online for a bit in the mornings eastern time on weekends and sometimes in the evening weekdays.