as terrible as it is, there is one upside to the timegate

it is bringing people together like nothing we've seen to help each other get caught up on the collections something fierce. even after having gotten map completion on the pof maps, im finding new beautiful areas like the water room in highlands filled with gorgeous astral beings. theyre mostly sharks,wurms, and shrimp, but they have the Starbound skin applied to them.

so there are 2 small upsides. seeing some of the more hidden beautiful places and how strongly the players are trying to help eachother for this monstrosity.

Well, while I agree, this would not require nor is intrinsic to the timegate. We still have people playing Season 3 for Aurora, for example, and there's still plenty of groups to help and random people on map giving guidance. Meaningful rewards and interactions is all you need. And I agree about the collections sans the timegate part: it is the perfect opportunity to fill in the world and have us play the kitten out of maps we normally just rush through. I know I got more than my money's worth from Season 3 precisely because of doing the Aurora collection required me to revisit them fully and properly.

I may not get to this chapter for a little while yet and, time-gate notwithstanding, I'm worried about being able to complete the collection due to the majority having already done so much like how it is more difficult for players to get their griffon now as opposed to closer to that content's release.

@kharmin.7683 said:I may not get to this chapter for a little while yet and, time-gate notwithstanding, I'm worried about being able to complete the collection due to the majority having already done so much like how it is more difficult for players to get their griffon now as opposed to closer to that content's release.

There will be plenty (like me) waiting or taking their time to complete this.

@kharmin.7683 said:I may not get to this chapter for a little while yet and, time-gate notwithstanding, I'm worried about being able to complete the collection due to the majority having already done so much like how it is more difficult for players to get their griffon now as opposed to closer to that content's release.

So far there really are only two events that I found I absolutely had to have other people there for, and both have other achievements tied to them so hopefully there will always be folks doing them.