[merged] About the Skyscale Timegate...

@LucianDK.8615 said:Youve never crafted a legendary if you think this collection comes close to the sheer expense of it.

I have 3 legendary weapons, a legendary backpiece and a full legendary armor from wvw. It took me 1 day to make my last weapon from scratch, using stuff I had in my bank.

Agreed, the expenses were higher, but you need to take this in proportion and also factor time.The springer is better and only takes 2 minutes to unlock. An exotic weapon is not better than a legendary one.

@"Deihnyx.6318" said:1) It's not. It's hollow. But instead of blaming Anet, blame the "NERF EVERYTHING" crowd that doesn't understand that oh no builds are there to be experimented with and you're supposed to actually get good in a video game to get prestige rewards. Maybe -then- we could get more meaningful content.So instead two solutions always: gold sink (= time sink or credit card sink) or timegate + collectaton. Pick your poison.

I'm honestly not sure how this was a response to what I said nor what to say about it..

2) My point is that it's all entirely optional. Useless mount or not, It doesn't matter. You want it, here are the requirement, you don't want it? There's better anyway. The "optional" nature of the mount makes all of that ok.

"Entirely optional" would be allowing me to optionally work an hour longer on a collection when I just finished it 30 minutes after I started, potentially 5 days after I started that week. "Entirely optional" would be allowing people to either take as little time as they wish on it, yet not hit with a time constraint one day right after they got interested. I'm not really sure how that's hard to understand.

Telling people "It's optional, got a problem? Then don't do it" isn't a viable argument when it is content they wish to do but are forced not to for many hours at a time. Please stop gaslighting with this kind of response because it does not belong here, as we all know.

3) I just said I wasn't comfortable with how reset was handled for raids. However, I do understand that it is literally impossible to please everyone's own schedule and life balance, so I will never blame Anet for that. I always have the option to not do it.In this case though, the requirements are not out of reach even for someone who works a lot. The mount is not going anywhere, it's gonna be there in one month or two, it's 100% compatible with a busy life.

The collections and the mount are 100% compatible with everyone, albeit the collections are lengthy and are not very friendly to those with little time but they are very much doable with the same amount of effort that everyone else has to put in. -- BUT the time constraint pushing the time forward and backward is what is causing the problem, this should not be so difficult to wrap your finger around. The basis of this has been explained so many times, you simply have to read almost any previous page of this thread.

4) Timegates are timegates, and the one I was discussing before about SAB is a seasonal timegate event that does bring a lot of "stress" and "rush" for people who absolutely want it now immediately otherwise everything is lost forever. Same situation here.

Yes, a seasonal timegate event that has always been known and expected to be a seasonal timegate, and no one has ever complained about it beyond "I wish it would last longer because I haven't gotten to play a lot lately, I'm too busy." This is not the same case as what is going on here right now.

I am still off of work after I took off for this release and all I'm doing is sitting here wasting time, trying to shed some light on WHY people are upset, and honestly it should not require any justification. It's so simple to understand but instead we get:

1) Stop complaining, you just want it early.2) The game has always had time-gates, this isn't new.3) If you don't want to work for it, it's optional, so don't get it.

These are simply conceited remarks with nothing constructive to add to the discussion here.

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

1) A mount being a mount does not mean it can't have prestige "requirements". Because it hasn't been done before doesn't automatically mean it won't. As I said, I do agree the marketing didn't properly prepare to it, but I also -know- that with this community it would have changed nothing. People wanting a mount cause it's cool would have had the same complains, minus this one. Look at the gryphon gold sink in old threads.

2) We played 6 years of a game without it, and we were happy. The prospect of working towards improving the experience and "convenience" is a normal design in MMOs. You "work" hard for little added convenience. If you don't want that convenience, or if it's not worth it, you have the option not to do it at all. It's not a job.

3) If you wanna go that way... I work often way more than 40 hours a week. Normal weekdays, and I love raids. Raids reset at 1 am or 2 am, where it's the most fun to raid. Highly annoying for me, but that doesn't mean it should be changed to match my expectation, because then someone else wouldn't be unable to do reset. They cannot make everyone happy.But anyway, this argument changes nothing when it comes to timegatesLet's assume no timegate: It takes you 15 days to do it at your own pace. It will take a "no life" an entire day and they'll have it 15 days before you.Let's assume timegate: Let's say it takes you 3 days for each collection. 15 days + 8 days of timegate = 23 days. For a "no life", they'll get it in 8 days. Still 15 days before you.Working or not working affects everyone the same way. Actually, it is better for people who don't have a whole day, as it can get a little easier to catch up on the no life people.So really, I know this argument is being thrown around here, but it just doesn't work. If you work and have a busy life, you will always be behind. There is nothing you can do and it's not the MMOs fault.

4) Not everything in a MMO is meant for everyone. It just isn't. Seasonal events are temporary. "timegated", and there's a pretty good reason for that. So if they wanted to but couldn't? Well again, too bad. But they can also realize it doesn't matter, that they'll be able to get it in just a little bit longer, just like the mount here.

1) Artificially blocking people on purpose from participating in content they wish to engage in is not what I would call
Prestige Requirements
-- If that's the case, make the collection LONGER or HARDER. I will do it, I do not care.

2) Playing the game without mounts for 6 years? I don't know if it the time gap between Core and PoF was 6 years, however I already am well aware of the pain of running everywhere on foot. I finished Map Completion 4 weeks after Core released, it took 250 hours. You do not see me upset that mounts were added just because I dedicated 250 hours to traversing difficult slopes and odd geometry within various maps.

3) I'm glad you have a compatible schedule that lets you play the game the way you are comfortable playing. I, however, do not. No one's personal experience is the same as another and that was my point. None of us give a kitten about who gets the mount first. Why are you insinuating that? Where have I even said that?

4) You're now comparing apples and oranges. I'm finished discussing this.

1) It's not. It's hollow. But instead of blaming Anet, blame the "NERF EVERYTHING" crowd that doesn't understand that oh no builds are there to be experimented with and you're supposed to actually get good in a video game to get prestige rewards. Maybe -then- we could get more meaningful content.So instead two solutions always: gold sink (= time sink or credit card sink) or timegate + collectaton. Pick your poison.

2) My point is that it's all entirely optional. Useless mount or not, It doesn't matter. You want it, here are the requirement, you don't want it? There's better anyway. The "optional" nature of the mount makes it comparable to Aurora to me.

3) I just said I wasn't comfortable with how reset was handled for raids. However, I do understand that it is literally impossible to please everyone own schedule and life balance, so I will never blame Anet for that. I always have the option to not do it.In this case though, the requirements are not out of reach even for someone who works a lot. There are people who work full time and still are getting all their raids done every week, people who get all their WvW chests done or PVP done every week. The mount is not going anywhere, it's gonna be there in one month or two, it's 100% compatible with a busy life.

4) Timegates are timegates, and the one I was discussing before about SAB is a seasonal timegate event that does bring a lot of "stress" and "rush" for people who absolutely want it now immediately otherwise everything is lost forever. Same situation here.

It should not be comparable to Aurora. No mount is a legendary.

I fixed that cause I was expecting this answer and didn't want to start that discussion again but:It has everything legendary but the name. Absolutely everything. It has the time associated to it, lots of collections, and potentially cost.

Literally the only issue was that it was badly marketed. But it was free content also, nobody "lost" money over this so it doesn't deserve all the outrage anyway.(yes yes yes you paid for PoF expecting a living season but nobody knew the living season would come with mounts, argument void)

You forgot the most important part, that coincidentally is what this mount lacks: advantages. And not only that.

1) A legendary weapon is the strongest you can get. This mount is not.2) A legendary weapon has a unique skin that can't be topped by anything on the TP. This mount will have skins to buy.3) A legendary weapon allows for stat change and upgrade swap, being equivalent to countless ascended ones. This mount is worse then a Springer, with an annoying auto grab that makes climbing paradoxically harder (since you can't land on small overhangs to gain stamina).

Keep in mind that a Springer is like a fine/blue weapon that you buy from an npc. And it's better than your "legendary" mount.

I don't think that an honest person could say that this mount is worth the effort. And don't give me the "so don't do it". I'm already past step 3 and I care enough about this game to give my criticism when it's needed.

What's so sad about this situation is that the skyscale looks like a genuinely fun mount, but because of this whole situation people are looking at it saying 'is it really worth all this?' Now people are looking at it far more unfavorably because all the work it takes to get it would imply that it is worth far more than it actually is. The mount itself is actually pretty great, especially for those who don't have a gryphon, but this whole situation makes it look a lot worse.

@LucianDK.8615 said:Youve never crafted a legendary if you think this collection comes close to the sheer expense of it.

The simple use of legendaries as examples doesn't mean they're the same thing, by far or by close.That's what I had to say to your argument.__

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

1) A mount being a mount does not mean it can't have prestige "requirements". Because it hasn't been done before doesn't automatically mean it won't. As I said, I do agree the marketing didn't properly prepare to it, but I also -know- that with this community it would have changed nothing. People wanting a mount cause it's cool would have had the same complains, minus this one. Look at the gryphon gold sink in old threads.

2) We played 6 years of a game without it, and we were happy. The prospect of working towards improving the experience and "convenience" is a normal design in MMOs. You "work" hard for little added convenience. If you don't want that convenience, or if it's not worth it, you have the option not to do it at all. It's not a job.

3) If you wanna go that way... I work often way more than 40 hours a week. Normal weekdays, and I love raids. Raids reset at 1 am or 2 am, where it's the most fun to raid. Highly annoying for me, but that doesn't mean it should be changed to match my expectation, because then someone else wouldn't be unable to do reset. They cannot make everyone happy.But anyway, this argument changes nothing when it comes to timegatesLet's assume no timegate: It takes you 15 days to do it at your own pace. It will take a "no life" an entire day and they'll have it 15 days before you.Let's assume timegate: Let's say it takes you 3 days for each collection. 15 days + 8 days of timegate = 23 days. For a "no life", they'll get it in 8 days. Still 15 days before you.Working or not working affects everyone the same way. Actually, it is better for people who don't have a whole day, as it can get a little easier to catch up on the no life people.So really, I know this argument is being thrown around here, but it just doesn't work. If you work and have a busy life, you will always be behind. There is nothing you can do and it's not the MMOs fault.

4) Not everything in a MMO is meant for everyone. It just isn't. Seasonal events are temporary. "timegated", and there's a pretty good reason for that. So if they wanted to but couldn't? Well again, too bad. But they can also realize it doesn't matter, that they'll be able to get it in just a little bit longer, just like the mount here.

1) Artificially blocking people on purpose from participating in content they wish to engage in is not what I would call
Prestige Requirements
-- If that's the case, make the collection LONGER or HARDER. I will do it, I do not care.

2) Playing the game without mounts for 6 years? I don't know if it the time gap between Core and PoF was 6 years, however I already am well aware of the pain of running everywhere on foot. I finished Map Completion 4 weeks after Core released, it took 250 hours. You do not see me upset that mounts were added just because I dedicated 250 hours to traversing difficult slopes and odd geometry within various maps.

3) I'm glad you have a compatible schedule that lets you play the game the way you are comfortable playing. I, however, do not. No one's personal experience is the same as another and that was my point. None of us give a kitten about who gets the mount first. Why are you insinuating that? Where have I even said that?

1) It's not. It's hollow. But instead of blaming Anet, blame the "NERF EVERYTHING" crowd that doesn't understand that oh no builds are there to be experimented with and you're supposed to actually get good in a video game to get prestige rewards. Maybe -then- we could get more meaningful content.So instead two solutions always: gold sink (= time sink or credit card sink) or timegate + collectaton. Pick your poison.

2) My point is that it's all entirely optional. Useless mount or not, It doesn't matter. You want it, here are the requirement, you don't want it? There's better anyway. The "optional" nature of the mount makes all of that ok.

3) I just said I wasn't comfortable with how reset was handled for raids. However, I do understand that it is literally impossible to please everyone's own schedule and life balance, so I will never blame Anet for that. I always have the option to not do it.In this case though, the requirements are not out of reach even for someone who works a lot. There are people who work full time and still are getting all their raids done every week, people who get all their WvW chests done or PVP done every week. The mount is not going anywhere, it's gonna be there in one month or two, it's 100% compatible with a busy life.

You, dear person, are of the more... friendly kind. And by friendly, I mean that accept stuff without needing a silver platter with it. I support your argument all the way through, as that is what I wanted to say but failed miserably to word in my poor English knowledge.__The Skyscale in itself is a, well maybe not masterpiece, but great mount. It has all three axes of dynamics almost totally controllable, and after some training with it, I am sure you'll come to agree with me that it isn't at all a bad mount, just a new mount you need to adapt to.

@FuguZombie.2938 said:What's so sad about this situation is that the skyscale looks like a genuinely fun mount, but because of this whole situation people are looking at it saying 'is it really worth all this?' Now people are looking at it far more unfavorably because all the work it takes to get it would imply that it is worth far more than it actually is. The mount itself is actually pretty great, especially for those who don't have a gryphon, but this whole situation makes it look a lot worse.

I doubt that people that don't have a griffon will have this (and if they do they should really reconsider and also get the cheaper, faster and funnier mount).

And the mount is objectively worse then the springer. The auto grab makes it less viable to climb odd walls that the springer can overcome thanks to the ability to land on small ledges.

I think you got it backwards. If the mount was really as fun and as useful as the griffon, or even more, there would have been far less complains (I wouldn't be here)

@"Kidel.2057" said:

I doubt that people that don't have a griffon will have this (and if they do they should really reconsider and also get the cheaper, faster and funnier mount).They definitely won't now, but if it were more accessible this could have been a flying mount for people that didn't get the griffonAnd the mount is objectively worse then the springer. The auto grab makes it less viable to climb odd walls that the springer can overcome thanks to the ability to land on small ledges.Just by watching videos it seems like this mount gets considerably better when you get the masteries. This is another reason that the rent-a-mount system is less than ideal since we can't actually experience it's full capabilities. And even if it's not "as good" as the springer or griffon it looks like it'll be fun to use.I think you got it backwards. If the mount was really as fun and as useful as the griffon, or even more, there would have been far less complains (I wouldn't be here)By what I see people here are mostly mad about the lack of ability to actually get the mount, not the mount itself. If people really didn't want the mount then why would they be so mad about not being able to acquire it?It feels like a lot of the bitterness is the way the mount is treated like it is far superior than it is by this collection. Sure it might not be the best mount, but it looks fun. That's why it's disappointing that it's such a nightmare to get.

I don't know. Some time back I complained about the griffin requiring too much money and time grinding to get it. Because my play style isn't about grinding the same event again and again. And people told me to just wait and get it later on my pace then.Now I can get it in 5 days which is really not a lot, so I give you guys back the same advice, just wait a little longer. A few days won't kill you.

@coso.9173 said:I don't know. Some time back I complained about the griffin requiring too much money and time grinding to get it. Because my play style isn't about grinding the same event again and again. And people told me to just wait and get it later on my pace then.Now I can get it in 5 days which is really not a lot, so I give you guys back the same advice, just wait a little longer. A few days won't kill you.

5 days to you might be 3 weeks to someone who can only play on the weekends, and when you get slapped with a gate you can't pass one of those days, it's suddenly 4 or 5 weeks. That is the problem.

The effort to do the collection does not have to be shorter. The collection does not have to be changed. The only problem is what a time-gate causes.

Asking for the collection to be shorter or to change it entirely, or remove it, those are the people who do not care to put in all of the effort.

That is an entirely separate problem from what this thread is about.

Some people just want to keep playing and to get the mount. That isn't a bad thing.Some people just want to be able to play efficiently after they get off work. That isn't a bad thing.Some people just want to do it at their own pace and take however long they want, as long as they get to choose to. That isn't a bad thing.Some people cannot play each day or only on certain days, they do not want that time to be carried over to another free day. That isn't a bad thing.Some people have a family and they cannot always be 1:1 with their PC, stuff happens, life is important. That isn't a bad thing.

This is as simple as I can put it. This is what time-gating prevents & causes, and who it affects. This is why there is an uproar about it.

Took me over 5h to get the first part of the mount content - that was along doing map events and enjoying the great content ANET delivered. My personal experience made me wonder how is possible that people come here and complain about the collection being 'time-gated' while it is long and tedious to complete, even with a guide in hand. I don't understand the rush, as I don't understand why some come here and complain there is no ...new content in the game. But of course if you burn out yourself and skip the fun part, it is your problem and not the game designers' or the rest of us.

Great job ANET.

@Kidel.2057 said:

And the mount is objectively worse then the springer. The auto grab makes it less viable to climb odd walls that the springer can overcome thanks to the ability to land on small ledges.

Um. No it's not. The SS can climb anything the Springer can, and additionally, places that have no flat landing to use. The Springer is just faster at it--and even then that's because they buffed the spring time to keep it competitive. And don't use gated behind mastery as an excuse, since the Springer's bigger jump is gated behind a mastery as well.

Y'know I was kinda sad there is another 4 day timegate at the very least for it but when the egg hatched I just.. I'M A REAL DRAGON MOM NOW AND AURENE HAS GOT NOTHING ON THIS CUTE LIL FELLA!!!

So any complaint I might have had is gone. This is worth it. I'll be a good pixel parent.

@LucianDK.8615 said:If they cant play that much, why does it matter then? Why do they need it so fast if they dont have the time for the game? It will still be there and you can chip away at it till you finally clear it all.

@LucianDK.8615 said:I do not see a reason to change my response. If you dont have the time, then they take it in smaller bites whenever they can. It will still be there, it aint going away.

You're essentially saying they don't deserve it because they aren't devoted enough to the game, even if they put in the same amount of effort as you.

Please define what you mean by "Why do they need it so fast," when in reality if they cannot access the game as often as others it means they get it in a much slower fashion than any other person treating this game as a second life. This is only compounded when they hit a point where they finished a point in the collection and are forced to wait multiple days that "you" didn't suffer through because apparently the time constraint had no effect on your daily schedule.

What exactly are you implying, because that's what it sounds like to me. No one is saying they cannot chip away at it. I have plainly stated that nothing but the time constraint should be changed and thus everyone still has to put in the same amount of effort as they do right now.

A combo "you don't bother to read" and "you argument does not belong here". Great.So let me just say first, nobody has the high ground here.

@Rukario.1695 said:"Entirely optional" would be allowing me to optionally work an hour longer on a collection when I just finished it 30 minutes after I started, potentially 5 days after I started that week. "Entirely optional" would be allowing people to either take as little time as they wish on it, yet not hit with a time constraint one day right after they got interested. I'm not really sure how that's hard to understand.

Telling people "It's optional, got a problem? Then don't do it" isn't a viable argument when it is content they wish to do but are forced not to for many hours at a time. Please stop gaslighting with this kind of response because it does not belong here, as we all know.If you want to give negative feedback, let other people contradict said feedback. Especially when we're down a level where definition are twisted in such a way where they don't make sense anymore. Optional means you don't need it to progress in the game or do anything in the game. It does not mean that the requirements should be optional. Otherwise let's just unlock it all for everyone instantly and yeah have fun for 5 minutes and everyone finds someone else to complain about an hour later.

@Rukario.1695 said:

3) I just said I wasn't comfortable with how reset was handled for raids. However, I do understand that it is literally impossible to please everyone's own schedule and life balance, so I will never blame Anet for that. I always have the option to not do it.In this case though, the requirements are not out of reach even for someone who works a lot. The mount is not going anywhere, it's gonna be there in one month or two, it's 100% compatible with a busy life.

The collections and the mount are 100% compatible with everyone, albeit the collections are lengthy and are not very friendly to those with little time but they are
very much doable with the same amount of effort that everyone else has to put in.
-- BUT the time constraint pushing the time forward and backward is what is causing the problem, this should not be so difficult to wrap your finger around. The basis of this has been explained so many times, you simply have to read almost any previous page of this thread.People don't have to agree with you. You made your point but I don't happen to think it's valid. There is no "problem" because there's no constraint. You -choose- to stress yourself over rushing collections -if- you want it as fast as possible, but NOTHING forces you to but yourself.

@Rukario.1695 said:1) Stop complaining, you just want it early.2) The game has always had time-gates, this isn't new.3) If you don't want to work for it, it's optional, so don't get it.

These are simply conceited remarks with nothing constructive to add to the discussion here.1) Pretty much what is happening here.2) That is factually true3) Also factually trueNothing but to remind people that they get WAY over their head and blow things out of proportion as always. Which again, is a counter argument I'm allowed to make.

The only quip I've honestly had is that the previous step (the egg one) seemed horrifically overwhelming, by splitting it into 13 different collections. What I did to complete it was I divided them into twos, and intended to do two, then take a break, then two, then take a break, etc. I then go to do one...and there's multiple objectives per each map, so I just ended up getting them done. Perhaps merging some of those 13 together would be nice.

In addition, the "Directive" buffs are still attached to a character I logged into while I was doing the collections, after I finished them. Any way we can fix that?

@coso.9173 said:I don't know. Some time back I complained about the griffin requiring too much money and time grinding to get it. Because my play style isn't about grinding the same event again and again. And people told me to just wait and get it later on my pace then.Now I can get it in 5 days which is really not a lot, so I give you guys back the same advice, just wait a little longer. A few days won't kill you.

It was exactly the same problem with the Gryphon. But people against gold sink might not mind timegates too much.People against timegates will tell you hey gold sink instead (which... is silly, cause farming is extremely time consuming by itself, while locking down your time)

In any case you CANNOT make everyone happy, especially with a wide community of different interests.

@Dreddo.9865 said:Took me over 5h to get the first part of the mount content - that was along doing map events and enjoying the great content ANET delivered. My personal experience made me wonder how is possible that people come here and complain about the collection being 'time-gated' while it is long and tedious to complete, even with a guide in hand. I don't understand the rush, as I don't understand why some come here and complain there is no ...new content in the game. But of course if you burn out yourself and skip the fun part, it is your problem and not the game designers' or the rest of us.

Great job ANET.

did you even see the other collectionsand after each collection you have to wait until reset to start the next one

@Kidel.2057 said:

Prestige Requirements

2) My point is that it's all entirely optional. Useless mount or not, It doesn't matter. You want it, here are the requirement, you don't want it? There's better anyway. The "optional" nature of the mount makes it comparable to Aurora to me.

3) I just said I wasn't comfortable with how reset was handled for raids. However, I do understand that it is literally impossible to please everyone own schedule and life balance, so I will never blame Anet for that. I always have the option to not do it.In this case though, the requirements are not out of reach even for someone who works a lot. There are people who work full time and still are getting all their raids done every week, people who get all their WvW chests done or PVP done every week. The mount is not going anywhere, it's gonna be there in one month or two, it's 100% compatible with a busy life.

It should not be comparable to Aurora. No mount is a legendary.

I fixed that cause I was expecting this answer and didn't want to start that discussion again but:It has everything legendary but the name. Absolutely everything. It has the time associated to it, lots of collections, and potentially cost.

Literally the only issue was that it was badly marketed. But it was free content also, nobody "lost" money over this so it doesn't deserve all the outrage anyway.(yes yes yes you paid for PoF expecting a living season but nobody knew the living season would come with mounts, argument void)

You forgot the most important part, that coincidentally is what this mount lacks:
advantages
. And not only that.

1) A legendary weapon is the strongest you can get. This mount is not.2) A legendary weapon has a unique skin that can't be topped by anything on the TP. This mount will have skins to buy.3) A legendary weapon allows for stat change and upgrade swap, being equivalent to countless ascended ones. This mount is worse then a Springer, with
an annoying auto grab that makes climbing paradoxically harder (since you can't land on small overhangs to gain stamina).

Keep in mind that a Springer is like a fine/blue weapon that you buy from an npc. And it's better than your "legendary" mount.

I don't think that an honest person could say that this mount is worth the effort. And don't give me the "so don't do it". I'm already past step 3 and I care enough about this game to give my criticism when it's needed.

I would discuss this, as I agree with some of the points you made (the climbing is not great), but I believe this gets a little out of topic.Although I will totally say don't do it if you don't want it :P, but I do appreciate people genuinely caring about the game in their criticism.

@"Deihnyx.6318" said:If you want to give negative feedback, let other people contradict said feedback. Especially when we're down a level where definition are twisted in such a way where they don't make sense anymore. Optional means you don't need it to progress in the game or do anything in the game. It does not mean that the requirements should be optional. Otherwise let's just unlock it all for everyone instantly and yeah have fun for 5 minutes and everyone finds someone else to complain about an hour later.

People don't have to agree with you. You made your point but I don't happen to think it's valid. There is no "problem" because there's no constraint. You -choose- to stress yourself over rushing collections -if- you want it as fast as possible, but NOTHING forces you to but yourself.

1) Pretty much what is happening here.2) That is factually true3) Also factually trueNothing but to remind people that they get WAY over their head and blow things out of proportion as always. Which again, is a counter argument I'm allowed to make.

I'm not providing any negative feedback, (negative in light of the current state of the collection, albeit) the only thing I have done so far is explain what time-gates are, what they cause, and why they shouldn't be around for anything except Legendary-tier equipment and accessories. That is not negative feedback, it is simply feedback that a large chunk of people agree with.

The only reason I have to keep explaining anything at all is because the same baseless arguments are being used that have absolutely nothing to do with the actual problem, literally beating around the bush instead of confronting what the issue is. By the time a full page of this thread is done everything has been explained, and then the next page starts and it's just a fresh hot-heap of a mess again with the same arguments and explanations that already took place 30 minutes ago.

A time-gate is not a requirement, it's an artificial setback. If you seriously think it's a requirement to sit there on your thumbs all day, then you should start asking for more time-gated content on all new releases. If that makes you happy, then fine, but I seriously doubt you would want that.

No one said to unlock it for everyone instantly, no one is talking about complaints about other mishaps in the past regarding older time-gated content, using it as a reason to remove it now. This is something yourself and others have decided to discuss that doesn't have anything to do with the thread. We do not want to be instantly given the mount, most of us do not want the collections changed at all. We want the time constraints removed so it doesn't screw with our daily schedules. We want it removed because that is what Anet led everyone to believe was already true. Everyone already expected it to be a collection or require gold. Simple.

People don't have to agree with me, you're right. But at the same time if you're going to try and denounce valid points with nothing but stuffing you're pulling out of the "pillow that is yesterday," then... I'm going to again reiterate on my stance. Even if you fail to comprehend anything, maybe someone else will have the switch flip in their head where something finally registers correctly.

This whole time constraint / time-gate issue has nothing to do with you or anyone who does not have a problem with it. If you do not have a problem with it and it has not bothered you because it never affected you at all, then honestly there is no reason to be here stirring a storm because you're bored. If the time constraint never bothered you now, then it's never going to bother you when it's removed. 1+1=2 -- If you actually want it, you should explain why it is good and why it should be here, what does it provide Anet and the Players if they keep it.

1), 2), 3) ... in all honesty that just shows how much you could care less about this entire conversation.

TLDR; Please stop trolling and make some actual worthwhile points that have to do with why you want to keep time constraints / time-gating instead of removing it, if that is your stance. This thread is about removing them and why they should be removed.

@"Katastroff.1045" said:I got a full time job, a wife and a life. Still i managed to be at the feeding part of the collection. Since i dont plan on dying or having my upper limbs amputated anytime soon, in about three day i will enjoy my skyscale, and all of that while enjoying the game and not letting myself get aggravated by some little delay. Because that's what it all boils down to, people letting some inconvenience get to them.

Good thing come to those who wait. bla bla bla.

But i admit, it is nice reading all those rightious justification post about why it should not be time gated.

;)

I giggled a little. Don't get me wrong, while I was originally against the time gating, "I see it now." It's really not as bad as many want to make it seem. And generally, we're taking a lot of edge cases where it causes extreme delays. In reality, I don't think it will delay the majority of people nearly as much as... well, as the time spent harping about it.

People compare this to a legendary but when the patch dropped within the first hour people had Exordium, no time gate there so long as you had the items, and anything that could possibly be time gated was NEVER hard locked to reset, and could be by passed with gold purchases.The idea that it's a "legendary mount", even if true doesn't make a difference.

Anyone who goes on about prestige doesn't seem to understand what that means."widespread respect and admiration felt for someone or something on the basis of a perception of their achievements or quality."I don't know how, or by what criteria any merit is gained from "waiting until you can do something" gives any perception of achievement or quality.Maybe we should make people solo frac 99 or 100. Maybe become or Kill a God or Demi god of PvP 1v1, or something along those lines.

Newbie: "Nice dragon bro! how'd you get it?"Vet: "I stood around for 10 days waiting for A-net to let me go from one step to the next. Aren't I pro?"

At least a legendary says you cleared content or won a tournament.

Anyone who goes on about "you don't need it." Well okay lets just delete wardrobe and revert all skins to starter gear. It doesn't matter you don't need it right? You just want it. Let's just pretend this entire game isn't about obtaining shiny skins and toys. Let's just say every new player who joins the game can't get dyes or skins anymore, they can still just play and have fun right? Maybe let's force people to wait a year before they unlock endless gliding, Roller beetle, and maybe Jackal you don't really "NEED" it. Top of off Shame on those people for wanting it right?insert "I want A-net to give me what I want now, and imply everyone is petulant, unreasonable, and a crybaby for wanting it"