Arc Divider: Reduced damage in PvP and WvW by 25%. The downfall of berserker!

Hitman.5829

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@TheBravery.9615 said:i honestly expected a heavier nerf

a 75% arc divider is still balls to wall powerful

I agree ... and as we have seen in the past, Anet take some small steps for these things until they hit the spot they think is good ... like the dozen direct DPS increases on Necro Axe. I'm surprised they didn't do the SPB Full Counter nerf ... 75% decrease was it? To be fair ... THAT is more like where Arc Divider should be ... around 5-7K total. ONce it get's there, people won't be so excited about Berserker anymore, guaranteed.

I dunno, that Full Counter nerf was a bit too much. Yes it needed a nerf, but not the amount they did it. Now it’s an aegis with some tickle damage.

I won't debate exactly what it should be ... but if it was too big at 20K to deserve a nerf ... it's still too much at 15K too. I'm anticipating another hit.

How does it compare to Sic'em+Rapid Fire or Shatter Spike though? There are instagib spikes on several professions, so is a 15-20k Arc Divider that cannot be set up prior to entering combat that out of line?

Honestly this. I don't have a problem with stuff like arc divider doing very high damage as you can't ambush someone with it like you can other silly high damage skills.

Sure you can

with death from above traited, jump on a crowd of enemies, spin to win x2 = easily kill a quarter of an enemy zerg solo

or

Warclaw maul + spin to win x2 = ez kills

or

Cloaking water / stealth + spin to win x2 etc you get the point

I am trying to read this with a straight face, but I can't.Seriously, people suggesting cloaking waters to make berserker reliable as an ambush class.

I am seriously laughing my
donkey
off just imagining a warrior sitting/camping cloacking waters for some one to come inside SMC. That has to be the most boring and pathetic warrior in GW2.

Also, to use arc divider, you need adrenaline. How are you going to generate adrenaline if you remain in stealth? You need to be in combat to generate adrenaline, but if you attack, you get revealed so....

Literally just incorporate headbutt into any of those and it works.

This is not a false statement.

It is literally a FALSE statement. And to prove it, use it against an unsuspected guardian, you need 1 shot to remove the aegis and the second shot should be headbutt, only a really noob guardian would fall victim to this petty tactic.

All classes have instant stun breaks traited, headbutt self stuns you for 1 sec, so it is you that becomes the target if the enemy is running instant stun break traits. Unless, you as the warrior have stun breaks too, then it is a tie and will only work if the enemy is not using any stun breaks.

@Ghos.1326 said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:Warrior mains and their definition of wet noodles...

I'm still hitting players for 5-8k per section of a single Arc Divider. Doesn't seem very noodle like to me. OP please don't be like the Necro forums...

My thoughts exactly. never happy until they're overpowered. Then it's "fine smile" LUL

Please don't tell me you are one of those players that think warrior is OP? it is widely know that the most OP classes are:1.- Mesmer2.- Thief3.- ranger4.- Engineer5.- serker elementalist with focus6.- leaching revenant7.- One shot instant teleport serk guardian8.- berserker warrior (spell breaker can be higher in the list, but nowhere near the top)9.- necro

The fact that the top classes with stealth occupy the top list is not a surprise is it?This game has so much BS skills.

@Hitman.5829 said:

I'm still hitting players for 5-8k per section of a single Arc Divider. Doesn't seem very noodle like to me. OP please don't be like the Necro forums...

My thoughts exactly. never happy until they're overpowered. Then it's "fine smile" LUL

Please don't tell me you are one of those players that think warrior is OP? it is widely know that the most OP classes are:1.- Mesmer2.- Thief3.- ranger4.- Engineer5.- serker elementalist with focus6.- leaching revenant7.- One shot instant teleport serk guardian8.- berserker warrior (spell breaker can be higher in the list, but nowhere near the top)9.- necro

The fact that the top classes with stealth occupy the top list is not a surprise is it?This game has so much BS skills.

Yes Hitman, we know, warriors are so weak that when they finally kill someone a mesmer and thief have to come and carry them from the battlefield because they're so shocked they cant even stand anymore, while a ranger and engineer is constantly healing the warrior so he doesnt die from heart failure. And when they return to spawn everyone gather around them to congratulate the warrior on the near impossible victory, guardians yell to the skies about why they cant tank that good and necros just give a silent thumbs up in roamer to roamer acknowledgement.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Yes Hitman, we know, warriors are so weak that when they finally kill someone a mesmer and thief have to come and carry them from the battlefield because they're so shocked they cant even stand anymore, while a ranger and engineer is constantly healing the warrior so he doesnt die from heart failure. And when they return to spawn everyone gather around them to congratulate the warrior on the near impossible victory, guardians yell to the skies about why they cant tank that good and necros just give a silent thumbs up in roamer to roamer acknowledgement.

"necros just give a silent thumbs up in roamer to roamer acknowledgement." That part got me lol.

@Hitman.5829 said:

I agree ... and as we have seen in the past, Anet take some small steps for these things until they hit the spot they think is good ... like the dozen direct DPS increases on Necro Axe. I'm surprised they didn't do the SPB Full Counter nerf ... 75% decrease was it? To be fair ... THAT is more like where Arc Divider should be ... around 5-7K total. ONce it get's there, people won't be so excited about Berserker anymore, guaranteed.

I dunno, that Full Counter nerf was a bit too much. Yes it needed a nerf, but not the amount they did it. Now it’s an aegis with some tickle damage.

I won't debate exactly what it should be ... but if it was too big at 20K to deserve a nerf ... it's still too much at 15K too. I'm anticipating another hit.

How does it compare to Sic'em+Rapid Fire or Shatter Spike though? There are instagib spikes on several professions, so is a 15-20k Arc Divider that cannot be set up prior to entering combat that out of line?

Honestly this. I don't have a problem with stuff like arc divider doing very high damage as you can't ambush someone with it like you can other silly high damage skills.

Sure you can

with death from above traited, jump on a crowd of enemies, spin to win x2 = easily kill a quarter of an enemy zerg solo

or

or

I am trying to read this with a straight face, but I can't.Seriously, people suggesting cloaking waters to make berserker reliable as an ambush class.

donkey
off just imagining a warrior sitting/camping cloacking waters for some one to come inside SMC. That has to be the most boring and pathetic warrior in GW2.

Also, to use arc divider, you need adrenaline. How are you going to generate adrenaline if you remain in stealth? You need to be in combat to generate adrenaline, but if you attack, you get revealed so....

It is literally a FALSE statement. And to prove it, use it against an unsuspected guardian, you need 1 shot to remove the aegis and the second shot should be headbutt, only a really noob guardian would fall victim to this petty tactic.

All classes have instant stun breaks traited, headbutt self stuns you for 1 sec, so it is you that becomes the target if the enemy is running instant stun break traits. Unless, you as the warrior have stun breaks too, then it is a tie and will only work if the enemy is not using any stun breaks.

Savage Instinct says hi. Point of Headbutt isn't the stun, its the full adrenaline gain plus damage. Stun is just icing if they already blew their stunbreaks previously. As for Guardian. Signet of Might also says hi. Pick your utilities for the situation you find yourself in. If that Guardian is waiting for you to engage then take the time to slot proper utilities.

@KelyNeli.4516 said:Thats a ton of thing warrior has to do in order to get even close to anyone, when other classes has 1 button instant teleport in top of the enemy.

I am not disputing that. Anet does not like to give warrior nice things because anything too nice makes us OP in everyone's eyes. People already think we are too OP. Arc Divider pre nerf was a welcome niche that made warrior better at something and look at how people complained about it.

If we ever get a new E-Spec I hope that it is one with better/faster mobility, and a better range option. But then that'll get nerfed 1 month post release.

Sure you can

or

or

donkey

Savage Instinct says hi. Point of Headbutt isn't the stun, its the full adrenaline gain plus damage. Stun is just icing if they already blew their stunbreaks previously. As for Guardian. Signet of Might also says hi. Pick your utilities for the situation you find yourself in. If that Guardian is waiting for you to engage then take the time to slot proper utilities.

Actually ... that's a problem if the point of a skill is the secondary effect, not the primary one. If the primary effect was intended to be 30 Adrenaline Gain, I suspect it's labelling would be more inline with that.

Sure you can

or

or

donkey

Double post ... why?

@Obtena.7952 said:

Sure you can

or

or

donkey

Double post ... why?

Pretty sure my toddler had me distracted, my apologies (also you commented on the double post with a double post :tongue: lol)

Headbutt has a great deal in it, much like Blood Reckoning. HB is used to get into BMode more than the Stun, much as BR is used to recharge bursts more than it is used to heal. As I said, if you are using HB it usually isn't for the stun, its to build adrenaline for the burst and if the opponent stays stunned then /shrug.

@Hitman.5829 said:

Reread what I said. I don't think warriors are OP. I'm actually making fun of people that complain that warriors are too weak, and want them continually buffed UNTIL they become OP. Much like people do with Necromancer.Now I'm not saying warriors are pretty strong, but I'm not saying they're op either. I'm still currently deciding on where they are currently on that whole spectrum.

This is post about warriors but Necros always get compared to every class due to their lack of mobility...But the truth is that they are not as bad anymore - especially Reaper...You can have perma swiftness as Reaper and have one leap on short cooldown, which can often be enough to close the deal, especially if all cc's and dmg are times correctly, I never have a problem...Plus when we are talking about Roaming - I think Warclaw were the biggest buffs to necros since now we can be at exactly same speed as the rest, while doing great damage while on foot.

Spellbreaker is one of the legit powercrept classes and needs toned down. Arc devider was broken and needed toned down. Berserker needs work in other areas so as to not depend on one broken skill(or two if u consider rampage op) also hitman if u think thief these days is OP next to spellbreaker than theirs really not going to be any point in arguing with u cuz u clearly are a warrior player who will not see their class for what it is pick a thief and fight a warrior spec,see how it goes.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Spellbreaker is one of the legit powercrept classes and needs toned down. Arc devider was broken and needed toned down. Berserker needs work in other areas so as to not depend on one broken skill(or two if u consider rampage op) also hitman if u think thief these days is OP next to spellbreaker than theirs really not going to be any point in arguing with u cuz u clearly are a warrior player who will not see their class for what it is pick a thief and fight a warrior spec,see how it goes.

I personally find Berserker stronger than Spellbreaker in PvP/WvW...

Sure you can

or

or

donkey

Double post ... why?

Pretty sure my toddler had me distracted, my apologies (also you commented on the double post with a double post :tongue: lol)

Headbutt has a great deal in it, much like Blood Reckoning. HB is used to get into BMode more than the Stun, much as BR is used to recharge bursts more than it is used to heal. As I said, if you are using HB it usually isn't for the stun, its to build adrenaline for the burst and if the opponent stays stunned then /shrug.

HAHA, the double post was about mine. I didn't even notice you had one (maybe something funky with the forum?)

@banJelacic.4201 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Spellbreaker is one of the legit powercrept classes and needs toned down. Arc devider was broken and needed toned down. Berserker needs work in other areas so as to not depend on one broken skill(or two if u consider rampage op) also hitman if u think thief these days is OP next to spellbreaker than theirs really not going to be any point in arguing with u cuz u clearly are a warrior player who will not see their class for what it is pick a thief and fight a warrior spec,see how it goes.

I personally find Berserker stronger than Spellbreaker in PvP/WvW...

That depends on the engagement and if the SB went double Endure or not. I've ranged a SP to death with a longbow on a power berserker, and have had a Axe/Shield SB hand my ass to me. Granted that one SB was a total noob, but I also out ranged a ranger that same day with a longbow on a power build so maybe WvW really is 99% noobs.

It depends on the player skill level and the opponents that you face. For most of the time, I encounter thieves wannabes that don't know how to play their class, but when I face a master thief that knows each and every single skill and trait of their profession, then that's when the warrior stands no chance. It does not matter if you are #1 warrior in Guild wars 2, warrior is just not build to deal with thieves.

As a starter, thieves can disengage anytime they want, so just by doing that, the fight is a tie.The more skillful players will use stealth and stuns to wear down the warrior defenses.The even more skillful players will use stealth, stuns, blinds, poison and weakness to render the warrior completely useless. Yes, COMPLETELY USELESS!

Now, for those master thieves out there that know what I am talking about, you know that thieves are by far more overpower than the warrior and you well know that warrior stands no chance against your BS skills. It takes honesty and courage to accept this fact.

@Hitman.5829 said:Please don't tell me you are one of those players that think warrior is OP? it is widely know that the most OP classes are:1.- Mesmer2.- Thief3.- ranger4.- Engineer5.- serker elementalist with focus6.- leaching revenant7.- One shot instant teleport serk guardian8.- berserker warrior (spell breaker can be higher in the list, but nowhere near the top)9.- necro

I hope this is a sarcasm post that I didn't get.The real list would be nearly the opposite: people actually drop firebrand/scourge duo for double scourges while power herald stands strong as an S tier build.Strength spellbreaker, Power herald, Blood scourge (IIRC top 1 in EU plays this build) and Bunker scrapper are all meta while various holosmith builds are nearly meta as well. It has been over a month since any kind of mesmer was good. Thief (s/d) is very viable but in no way top 2 as you said.

@Hitman.5829 said:

It depends on the player skill level and the opponents that you face. For most of the time, I encounter thieves wannabes that don't know how to play their class, but when I face a master thief that knows each and every single skill and trait of their profession, then that's when the warrior stands no chance. It does not matter if you are #1 warrior in Guild wars 2, warrior is just not build to deal with thieves.

As a starter, thieves can disengage anytime they want, so just by doing that, the fight is a tie.The more skillful players will use stealth and stuns to wear down the warrior defenses.The even more skillful players will use stealth, stuns, blinds, poison and weakness to render the warrior completely useless. Yes, COMPLETELY USELESS!

Now, for those master thieves out there that know what I am talking about, you know that thieves are by far more overpower than the warrior and you well know that warrior stands no chance against your BS skills. It takes honesty and courage to accept this fact.

U are very wrong. A good warrior stomps a good theif pretty easily in a 1v1. A good thief knows this and avoids the fight altogether or unless it's a +1 or lastly they kno the warrior is a noob. I've played thief over 4 yrs almost exclusively,not saying I'm great by any means but I kno the class pretty well. I boosted a warrior almost month ago and have wrecked face far easier in wvw with warrior and spellbreaker it's not even close. Thiefs reward for high skill these days is low, I was winning 1v1 and doing ok out numbered on warrior by the next day lol.

@Hitman.5829 said:

Please don't tell me you are one of those players that think warrior is OP? it is widely know that the most OP classes are:

Please show me exatly where he wrote he thinks warriors are OP.I see an ongoing trend on this subforum where people that disagree with warriors asking for buffs (or crying over the nerfs, you call it, w/e) are automatically called "noobs that think warriors are OP". That's not how it works, saying things like that is unjustified and literally doesn't make sense.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:Spellbreaker is one of the legit powercrept classes and needs toned down. Arc devider was broken and needed toned down. Berserker needs work in other areas so as to not depend on one broken skill(or two if u consider rampage op) also hitman if u think thief these days is OP next to spellbreaker than theirs really not going to be any point in arguing with u cuz u clearly are a warrior player who will not see their class for what it is pick a thief and fight a warrior spec,see how it goes.

Wow, really it depends on the players ability? Who would have thought :o Also maybe you didn't mean that, but it's pretty funny how your definition of "mastering a class" equals "knowing skills and traits of their profession", wtf.

As a starter, thieves can disengage anytime they want, so just by doing that, the fight is a tie.

As a starter, running away isn't "winning a pvp". And it's a "tie" only if you're not fighting over an objective, otherwise it's a lose.

The more skillful players will use stealth and stuns to wear down the warrior defenses.The even more skillful players will use stealth, stuns, blinds, poison and weakness to render the warrior completely useless. Yes, COMPLETELY USELESS!

I love the fact that your enemies can use their skills whenever and wherever they want regardless of CDs/resources, but somehow you can't because you're a warrior. 'On-paper theorycrafting' where your enemy does whatever you want him to do is pretty garbage, just saying.

:lol:It's funny, because that makes as much sense as anyone else writing the opposite thing to you ending it with "you just don't want to admit it". An again, disengaging isn't "winning" and in a lot of cases it's not even a "tie" just because you didn't kill them.

• Confused 1

@Hitman.5829 said:

mesmer on nr 1, good laugh

nr 1 (warrior point of view) should and would be rev.

rev directly counters warrior,n but since you seem lackluster in pvp experience, and probably still confused by mesmer clones you pet mesmer at nr 1

@"KelyNeli.4516" said:Thats a ton of thing warrior has to do in order to get even close to anyone, when other classes has 1 button instant teleport in top of the enemy.

Ok, so you're complaining because a class that you want next to you in order to slap him in the face can... tp in your face? Cool, that takes care of the gap closer part of your "problem". Not to mention that a claims as if warriors lack mobility just because "they can't tp" is just absurd.

Actually ... that's a problem if the point of a skill is the secondary effect, not the primary one. If the primary effect was intended to be 30 Adrenaline Gain, I suspect it's labelling would be more inline with that.

So you think there's a problem because people can react to a skill? Also who are you to decide what is a primary/secondary effect of the skill? It's a skill that does multiple things on a single press of a key, you're not the one to decide which one is primary or secondary and then pretend you have an argument or that THAT'S a problem with a skill. Because it's not.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"KelyNeli.4516" said:Thats a ton of thing warrior has to do in order to get even close to anyone, when other classes has 1 button instant teleport in top of the enemy.

Ok, so you're complaining because a class that you want next to you in order to slap him in the face can... tp in your face? Cool, that takes care of the gap closer part of your "problem". Not to mention that a claims as if warriors lack mobility just because "they can't tp" is just absurd.

Nope i am not complaining.Im just pointing out a fact that there are classes and specs that has giant edge in mobility abilities over berserker warrior, and there are people who complain about berserker having more damage than other classes because of it, which is pretty biased isnt?Berserker has really strong damage during his berserker mode, but has troubles into getting to the enemy and sacrifices a lot of thing in order to do this (for example have to head butt someone to get adrenaline or use signet), there is a trade of. Yet some people in here want to nerf his damage to the point where berserker will deal the same damage as their class, which has much smoother and better designed skills.

Berserker using 3 GS skill sacrifices a big part of his damage when he uses it to get close to anyone, skill 5 is just a faster run which locks the berserker from doing anything making him vulnerable to anything, Skills 2 is useless in pvp, skill 4 is not stronger either. But lets nerf F1 into the dust and dont do anything else with the class design, because i have been killed by the berserker who had to use all his utility skills in order to kill me with arc divider because it is the only thing that could actually hurt in his kit with GS.And sure it may seem fair, but only if you count into that the guy killed by arc divider did not paid any attention to the berserker running to him, which he could have easily dodge anything and just run away in stealth or whatever.

@KelyNeli.4516 said:

@KelyNeli.4516 said:Thats a ton of thing warrior has to do in order to get even close to anyone, when other classes has 1 button instant teleport in top of the enemy.

Nope i am not complaining.Im just pointing out a fact that there are classes and specs that has giant edge in mobility abilities over berserker warrior, and there are people who complain about berserker having more damage than other classes because of it, which is pretty biased isnt?Berserker has really strong damage during his berserker mode, but has troubles into getting to the enemy and sacrifices a lot of thing in order to do this (for example have to head butt someone to get adrenaline or use signet), there is a trade of. Yet some people in here want to nerf his damage to the point where berserker will deal the same damage as their class, which has much smoother and better designed skills.

Berserker using 3 GS skill sacrifices a big part of his damage when he uses it to get close to anyone, skill 5 is just a faster run which locks the berserker from doing anything making him vulnerable to anything, Skills 2 is useless in pvp, skill 4 is not stronger either. But lets nerf F1 into the dust and dont do anything else with the class design, because i have been killed by the berserker who had to use all his utility skills in order to kill me with arc divider because it is the only thing that could actually hurt in his kit with GS.And sure it may seem fair, but only if you count into that the guy killed by arc divider did not paid any attention to the berserker running to him, which he could have easily dodge anything and just run away in stealth or whatever.

Beserker can take all the the elites making it tanky like endure pain etc and the less endure pain etc cant it? Than it would have decent dps,sustain and mobility. If u chose to build all for power u cant complain that it should have op dps because its sustain or mobility is less than squishy classes just like u cant expect squishy classes to have less dps than warrior because their mobility is better. Problem with the game being in the state it is in right now with dps power creep is even if squishy classes with innate lack of sustain build for sustain they are still squishy. This is amplified by all the invulnerability skills that have been handed out like candy to the already higher sustain classes to deal with the squishy classes burst,issue is the classes that got the invulnerability skills now have the same burst potential. Man discussing balance on any class in this mess of a game is a joke lol