Recharging Teleport to Friend: Misfire design choice??

@Lycan Nibbler.1567 said:

@"kharmin.7683" said:From what you're saying it seems almost like any other buff (food/banner) that gets placed "on hold" when you swap away from the toon or exit the game.

Note this isnt a boon or food buff. It is a point in time use item, there is no boon or buff that is being used up so it should not (and was not) be treated as such.

Agreed. My point was that the underlying technical mechanic of the cool-down seems to work in the same manner as buffs.

what if the 1hr debuff ticked down even while logged off (as separate from skills/consumables). That would make the item more usable given how long the cd is the debuff wont wear off if its used on alts you rarely play. On the other hand it works best with newly created chars and key farming. Or reduce the cd to 15min at most.

To counter the argument of players saying they dont use TTF anyways so 1hr cd is not impactful; I never used my consumable bank access either because I knew if I did it be used up almost instantly thus I saved up on them to use only for emergencies. But now that I have perm bank access I use it all the time and its like an extension of my bag space.

The 1 hour CD doesn't bother me. The needing to be online on that character for the cool down to tick off does. I switch characters far too often.

Even if they made the cool down account wide - meaning it would tick down on or off line but only usable by 1 character within the timeframe would be fine with me.

@Pirindolo.9427 said:For all that people that think 1h CD is too long... how often do you use the consumable TtF versions? I believe that I used 4 in 3 years. You seriously complain because it has not a 5 min CD? wth are you planning to do with it, if it ever gets such a reduced CD? Come on folks, TtF is a feature that, exploits aside, you rarely will use ever.

If I don't buy it, it's not because of the 1h CD, but because I never find myself in need of a teleport. The only useful situation I find for this item is when you enter a WvW map, to jump to your commander instantly. Other than that...

When we do missions and I’m on a toon without much mapping I use it a lot. An hour cool down is useless to me. All good though, I have over 100 consumables. ?

I was surprised when one of my daughters bought it for me.

I too, thought the one hour cool down would be too long but it really isn't. I'm loving this. Even when I need to use it faster than an hour it means I've saved one I would have bought. Unlike others I rarely get them from blc. I have two left of the consumables.

@Goettel.4389 said:If a logout cleared the CD, it would be meaningless.Bought it, using it, loving it.

No one said anything about logging out should clear the CD. I've waited for 2 days and the CD hasn't ticked by a single minute. Why would it matter if I wait for the CD over lunch when watching a movie without the game on. Why should I have to have the game on or to be on that specific character for the CD to tick?