What was "It"? [spoilers]

Daniel Handler.4816

@"Tails.9372" said:We know though some NPC dialogue that all of the elder dragons used to be normal dragons who made it to "the top of the food chain" by consuming vasts amounts on magic. Over the course of time most people forgot about their origin and just assumed that they've always been there. So basically elder dragons are essentially just dragon's mutated by consuming to much magic. There are no beings that "created" them (aside from their parents) but there are definitely beings more ancient than them.

During the Guild Chat, the devs stated that they haven't made lore for the Elder Dragons' origins. So I'm very questionable about that NPC dialogue you mention. Got a source?

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@"Tails.9372" said:Well the most recent guild chat answered this question, "it" was the magic that corrupted him.

Well, sort of. It was, but they posed the question essentially asking, "But is there something else exacerbating this?" Which implies that even though it was the magic, there may be another force that was at work.

Thats interesting, my thought was that it had potential for demons to be involved apparently they are born from the mists from malevolent forces like hate yada (dont quote me on that tho) when kralk says to aurene that he hopes she dosent have to kill someone that she loves it can be implied that kralk had to do that to possibly his mother which would most likely bring the feelings involved in creating a demon

That question was asked to, and they answered that it was in fact referring to Glint. Lol

Yea i didnt watch it haha thanks for that info tho in retrospect that makes enough sense that i should have picked up on that.

@Tails.9372 said:

@Tails.9372 said:Well the most recent guild chat answered this question, "it" was the magic that corrupted him.

Wait what? Link? He doesn't have an alternate personality he has a sentient magical overlord?

"we're hearing the argument that's going between him and the part of him that is tormenting him which is really sort of the manifestation of all those magics"

@"cptaylor.2670" said:Well, sort of. It was, but they posed the question essentially asking, "But is there something else exacerbating this?" Which implies that even though it was the magic, there may be another force that was at work.

Well we don't even know what magic actually is, whenever there's a magic leak elementals start to form. This is very reminiscent of an immune system assuming that the magic in this world in itself is some kind of "entity".

Is your assumption that this manifestation, the Torment, was an elemental?