Dragonfall map closes, few players - bug on full maps

Was on an active map last night - three commander tags, one mentor tag, active chat calling out events - but went AFK for a few minutes to get a snack right before the meta started, and came back to the map close opt-in and all tags gone. Chat was full of "what?? why???". Bummer to lose so much progress towards the meta.

Hmm .... could also be a client crash bug. That would empty out an instance pretty quickly.

There was that time with the bug where literally everyone would crash around every 5 minutes. Trying to do DS was "fun" ... at least it made it easy to get back to your instance :p

I've now had two maps close on me at around the same time, near the start of the mirror/disruptor phase of the meta prior to the boss battle. This prevents people from joining the map and makes the meta incredibly hard unless said map was already quite full and no one takes the volunteer, which a lot of folks do without really thinking. For folks who spent their time on the map doing outposts events to be forced to find another map to do the meta on is incredibly annoying.

Volunteering doesn't mean your map is empty, it means the map ahead of you is empty. Normally the map ahead should always be more populated, but that is broken when people leave in mass or skip the megaserver logic by joining a specific instance.

@"Aaralyna.3104" said:Did every event pre big meta start and "this map is empty, change map....". Indeed at the mirror/disruptor phase... Changed map coz ppl abandonned en masse and there the meta was already over (last champions going down)... No meta for me today :(I see this often.1 - We need to train newbies not to jump ship during meta ( most vets know this). . . . The message threatens often and often fades away as load changes, perhaps the trigger for the message needs to be adjusted.2 - Anet should reword the message so newbies don't feel that YES is the best choice