Unable to purchase gems [Merged]

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"CheesecakeChiari.7154" said:They got back to me in <24 hours with a ticket submitted on Easter, so hopefully they'll get to you pretty quick!

Do you mind if I ask you what was the CS solution or what they told you? I tried buying gems for the War Eternal Supplies item and got "Unfortunately an error has ocurred. Please try again later!" message for half a second, sent a ticket and support got back to me in less than 24 hours but they said there wasn't any issue and told me to try again, and sadly I'm still unable to buy gems even though other people in my household using the same cc on the same pc have been able to on their respective accounts.

My daughter had this too; they got back to her the same day and the next day she could buy gems. They did NOT say what the problem was. I'm guessing (just a guess) that it was because she visited me during SAB but lives in Texas. So it may have looked like her account was compromised.

Gems are included with an Ultimate Edition purchase. No Gems in the Deluxe package.Ultimate Gems take ~72 hours to arrive. Verification email should arrive; have you checked your spam and junk folders?

To access the Black Lion Trading Post: Five days

The trading post limits (ability to buy or sell certain items) is removed 5 days after purchasing an expansion.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account#Limitations

If you continue to have issue, you can contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Welcome to Tyria, and good luck.

@Peyoux.9125 said:

@"CheesecakeChiari.7154" said:They got back to me in <24 hours with a ticket submitted on Easter, so hopefully they'll get to you pretty quick!

Do you mind if I ask you what was the CS solution or what they told you? I tried buying gems for the War Eternal Supplies item and got "Unfortunately an error has ocurred. Please try again later!" message for half a second, sent a ticket and support got back to me in less than 24 hours but they said there wasn't any issue and told me to try again, and sadly I'm still unable to buy gems even though other people in my household using the same cc on the same pc have been able to on their respective accounts.

They didn't tell me the problem/solution. Just that they fixed it; same for my husband's account. I know I'm days late on this, but I do hope you got it figured out!

Same issue here, I already opened a ticket they told me that something was fixed, what exactly was the issue for god sake??How about you start communicating with us and tell us exactly what the issue is and how you are sorry and working on it at least? No?

I waited few days and now I tried to actually purchase the gems, same exact error...

Opened another ticket.

I tried using Paypal and credit cart, same issue.It's definitely not my bank or Paypal blocking the transaction. They are using a very buggy payment service it seems.

Well, I wanted to show gratitude by buying some gems and now I'm just frustrated.

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Astronaute.6743" said:

Well, I wanted to show gratitude by buying some gems and now I'm just frustrated.

We're sorry you're having troubles! Looking at your support ticket, it seems that the issue was fixed fairly quickly.

I want to take this opportunity to remind everyone that we have a long Knowledge Base article that gives you some general information about payment issues: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115016021188-Problems-When-Purchasing-Gems

I Can not buy any gems when i try to order with my Credit Card i get a brief message that just flashes that there was some kind of Error. When i try and use Paypal i get a message saying sorry this offer is no longer available. So i don't know what is going on.

Just take my money :astonished:

i have bought gems in the past no problem, but recently i been unable to even see the Buy Gems tab, each time i try i get an error that says "Unfortunally an error has occurred. Please try again later!". i try redeeming a 2k gems code i bought but the Select Language tab doesnt show any language and the Redeem button stays grayed outI had a hunch and tried loging in with a VPN and aparently my suspictions were right, Venezuela seems to have been removed from the list of billing countries and banned from making gem purchases. if i select another country trough a VPN i do get payment options but im not sure if buying this way will get me banned. and if i try to redeem the code with a vpn im able to select language but after hitting Redeem i get an error message saying that something is wrong with the code (but it isnt i bought it from amazon )

I´ve sent a ticket to see if i can have some dev help, its not my fault i live in this piece of work country, its enought with the quality of life we have to go trough daily but why it must also affect me on my favorite game?

Throwing my hat in here, same issues as everyone else in this post for the last 5 months, Paypal and credit card both get Unfortunately an error has occured, just put a support ticket in. Here's to hoping it gets fixed fast because the items that I want leave the shop, or I'll have to spend this $100 elsewhere.

@Tora.7214 said:

@Crash Kid Kona.4560 said:17 hours later, still no response to my ticket. Everyone who got responses in a few hours are super lucky. :(

same here :/ allready a day and no answer to my ticket :c

Same boat here :anguished: , had the same issue 5 months ago and got it fixed by CS, sad to see its back and not as prompt of a response this time

@artley.5267 said:I Can not buy any gems when i try to order with my Credit Card i get a brief message that just flashes that there was some kind of Error. When i try and use Paypal i get a message saying sorry this offer is no longer available. So i don't know what is going on.

Just take my money :astonished:

Working now after sending a ticket in on the 16/5. 2 days later.Thank you