Can we get an official word on how "sniper's nest" achievement works?

I have spent a lot of hours in the new map, killing a lot of mobs, participating in a lot of events, and never got that achievement to trigger (never saw Zafirah pop). For comparative purposes only, I have seen Aurene "helping" me 4 or 5 times everyday so far.

1) Is "SNIPER'S NEST" a personal trigger? Only you can trigger it, and only for yourself? Or once it triggers for a particular player, all the players around get the ach as well?2) Does it trigger because of something you dou? because of somewhere you go? Or is it totally random? Such a bad idea in this last case.3) Is there any way to improve your chances to get it? (be alone, be in group, do events, kill bosses...?)

I got it at random. I was trying to grab an item for an event whilst being ganked by mobs. Suddenl,y got the achievement and her speak some dialogue. No idea where she was hiding though, but she helped pick off a few more.

If it helps, I was under some tall cliffs but not at ground level either

She spawns at a specific location in the melandru area. You will only see her there. She will appear and start sniping enemies for around 10 seconds then despawn. She will appear again after around 10? minutes and do the same loop.

spoilers: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/bp1kw5/snipers_nest_achievement_location/ heres the location

Edit: its also possible she has fixed spawns in the two other areas which she rotates around, but I haven't seen her anywhere else yet.

@"zombyturtle.5980" said:She spawns at a specific location in the melandru area. You will only see her there. She will appear and start sniping enemies for around 10 seconds then despawn. She will appear again after around 10? minutes and do the same loop.

spoilers: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/bp1kw5/snipers_nest_achievement_location/ heres the location

Edit: its also possible she has fixed spawns in the two other areas which she rotates around, but I haven't seen her anywhere else yet.

I was in either the grenth or fissure of woe area when i got mine

@"zombyturtle.5980" said:She spawns at a specific location in the melandru area. You will only see her there. She will appear and start sniping enemies for around 10 seconds then despawn. She will appear again after around 10? minutes and do the same loop.

Haha, went there and zafirah was there shoting at everything moving around, ty!!!!

I thought it was enough to eardrop on her on the comm. You hear her frequently when you are nearby and she takes out possible threats for you. It's pretty creepy, too, listening to an assassin having fun at what they do. ;) She contacts you when she is seeing you through her scope.

While waiting for bridge events, I was up on a cliff a little bit overlooking the bridge near Ember Gate (near Fire God's Precipice POI, a bit south from the Crystal Bloom Camp waypoint in Balthazar's area). I had alt-tabbed and within about 10 minutes I heard Zafirah's dialogue, tabbed back in, saw her sniping branded, and the achievement popped. I've seen her at that same exact location a few times now, but as others have said there are multiple areas she can spawn, that's just the only one I've seen her at thus far.

Edit: Here's a screenshot with an arrow pointing to where she spawns, for clarity. You need to be up on the cliff, her dialogue doesn't trigger if you're on the ground. There are plenty of ledges around to get up there easily.bYsqJWy.png

I got mine when I was at the skyscale close to the Olmakhan waypoint in new map. I glided down with my glider towards middle of camp and got it. I didn't see Sayida but the convo did start. Theres also some other achieve (hidden one) I got, and I have no clue how lol. Tried to search everywhere for how as the description didn't really tell me much when I read it back.

For the ones that wanna know the achieve name, see spoiler... Else ignore.

! Celebrity sighting (Be assisted by a familiar face in the battle of Dragonfall) is the achievement name. I got it when kinda slacking (I was just typing in chat rlly) near the skyscale close to Gorrik.

@Aaralyna.3104 said:I got mine when I was at the skyscale close to the Olmakhan waypoint in new map. I glided down with my glider towards middle of camp and got it. I didn't see Sayida but the convo did start. Theres also some other achieve (hidden one) I got, and I have no clue how lol. Tried to search everywhere for how as the description didn't really tell me much when I read it back.

For the ones that wanna know the achieve name, see spoiler... Else ignore.

! Celebrity sighting (Be assisted by a familiar face in the battle of Dragonfall) is the achievement name. I got it when kinda slacking (I was just typing in chat rlly) near the skyscale close to Gorrik.

That's when you're favorite dragon shows up to go ham for about 5-10 secs before flying off. during the first parts of the camp setups from what I've seen