PvP match manipulation has gone too far. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

PvP match manipulation has gone too far.

dodgerrule.8739dodgerrule.8739 Member ✭✭✭
edited May 20, 2019 in PVP

Arena net please do something about the match manipulation. This season has been by far the worst because of match manipulators.
I've had enough of this. Each person I find match manipulating I'm going to be recording and adding onto this thread. Apparently not much is being done about them.

This season has been filled to the brim with match manipulators since day 1. Nothing is apparently being done to prevent them.

This needs to change for the sake of the integrity of pvp.

https://youtu.be/AehiK97G2N0

<1

Comments

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

At this point in the game one would wonder and actually feel sad for people who do such things for such a meaningless tittle or rank. But if it brings them happiness in an obviously otherwise sad state of life let them be.

• Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

How does this work?

• LolLookAtMyAP.8394LolLookAtMyAP.8394 Member ✭✭✭

That guardian has been doing this since 5 months ago.

• maxwelgm.4315maxwelgm.4315 Member ✭✭✭

@Knighthonor.4061 said:
    How does this work?

To be honest, only Anet themselves can actually infer whether or not this is manipulation or just some consistent trolling. I.e who is it favoring? Does this player carry enough matches to be more likely to match and worth more points to the person he wants to wintrade? Does he create new characters everytime? Does he also throw if he doesn't get matched with who he was supposed to at all? Does he purposely throw when matched to top players he's not wintrading with? all things that only Anet can truly assert and analyze.

The gist of it however, would be making core classes on a free account that can play ranked, and throw matches against the player you want to go up in rank. Manipulating the queue to get matched to someone might sound hard but there's actually a lot of downtime during the day and far from weekends too, perfect to keep getting matched to the same person. Sometimes the player throwing is not subtle at all but other times it's just someone trying hard to look like they're playing bad, when they clearly switch targets frantically and/or simply stop hitting and keep moving around. This can get very subtle and hard to notice, and could also be things like a thief that doesn't decap even though he knows he isn't doing nothing at mid. Again, separating in between wintrading and just plain trolling or playing badly is something only Anet can do because the actual statistics are available to them, so that they can spot which accounts are always there in matches where a side was purposely put down by a player very consistently. Not that a bad player won't put down his/her team but, it will not be as consistent as a wintrader losing to specific accounts while basically carrying other games to keep up with said accounts.

• risingeagle.7813risingeagle.7813 Member
    edited May 19, 2019

Numerous match manipulations as of late. This one was today. This is getting ridiculous:

• Curennos.9307Curennos.9307 Member ✭✭✭

I was just in a ranked match. It was two scourges, me, a rev, and another holosmith.

We didn't take one node the entire game after we lost our home cap (that I'd taken at the start). The enemy scourge went FAR (where I was) at the start, so the opponent's strongest teamfight class wasn't at mid the whole time.

Not one single node. The rev stood in the middle of the map (not at mid as in the middle node, oh no - the exact CENTER of the map) the entire game. We lost that game 100-500, with those 500 points probably PURELY the results of my and the other dude's efforts. Not a single rotation from the rev was had the entire game.

Tbh it's hard to differentiate between map manipulation and people just being absolutely horrible, but what're ya gonna do shrug.

• Vancho.8750Vancho.8750 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2019

The end of the season is coming so the more unsavory top players are padding their rating and also knocking off other top players from their position with smurf accounts, win trading and sometimes paying off players , just like in politics. Its best to hope you don't get in the crossfire. And they should probably try to be less obvious about it since that looks like total lack of imagination, i know the games are loopsided a lot of the time but 5 500 is just lazy.

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2019

Can match manipulation be proved????

Why would Anet want to solve this issue???

• dodgerrule.8739dodgerrule.8739 Member ✭✭✭

This season has been horrible with match manipulators since day 1!

Arena net do something about this otherwise pvp is about to die for real. Last year you guys made a news announcement about match manipulation and now this is happening what exactly do you do with our reports?

• Ziggityzog.7389Ziggityzog.7389 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2019

Looks like there are more "bans" coming maybe. Which means the match manipulators just have to take 3 months off then do it for another season lol.

Too bad a real ban and account delete isn't done to them.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:
    You are more likely to get banned from the forums.

Which is sad because players like these ruin the game.

I remember when Anet was aggressive about cheating scum.

They had the Dhuumban in GW1 and they even made at least one dudes character go naked and jump off the high bridge in Divinity's Reach.

I miss THAT Anet.

This.

@risingeagle.7813 said:
    Numerous match manipulations as of late. This one was today. This is getting ridiculous:

What on this SS screams MM to anybody? I'm not saying you're wrong, but the SS is a poor choice -- you are the one standing in base while your team is dying, and you've just rando-cuss-whispered two teammates. The heck?

There's a certain level of effectiveness for some classes that you can achieve just by rolling your face across the keyboard, or rotating through skills with minimal knowledge. It takes five minutes, maybe less, to copy a warr build and figure out when you should use skills and how to mindlessly rotate through evades, weapon skills, and how to CC into burst skills/hundred blades.

When people fail to even reach the level of effectiveness for a class you can achieve by rolling your face across the keyboard, there aren't a lot of other possibilities. I've had scrappers that die 1v1 to a warrior, necromancers that try to decap far while showing no movement utility skills slotted (?), support FBs that go everywhere BUT the teamfight, etc. I mean, it's still possible they could just be....really, really bad. But that's a very small chance, I think.

Mind you, those are all scenarios that actually happened to me while I was in g3 throughout the past week. If a match is 100-500 or below, I generally assume some shenannigans are going on.

• Mbelch.9028Mbelch.9028 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Curennos.9307 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

They had the Dhuumban in GW1 and they even made at least one dudes character go naked and jump off the high bridge in Divinity's Reach.

I miss THAT Anet.

This.

@risingeagle.7813 said:

What on this SS screams MM to anybody? I'm not saying you're wrong, but the SS is a poor choice -- you are the one standing in base while your team is dying, and you've just rando-cuss-whispered two teammates. The heck?

There's a certain level of effectiveness for some classes that you can achieve just by rolling your face across the keyboard, or rotating through skills with minimal knowledge. It takes five minutes, maybe less, to copy a warr build and figure out when you should use skills and how to mindlessly rotate through evades, weapon skills, and how to CC into burst skills/hundred blades.

When people fail to even reach the level of effectiveness for a class you can achieve by rolling your face across the keyboard, there aren't a lot of other possibilities. I've had scrappers that die 1v1 to a warrior, necromancers that try to decap far while showing no movement utility skills slotted (?), support FBs that go everywhere BUT the teamfight, etc. I mean, it's still possible they could just be....really, really bad. But that's a very small chance, I think.

Mind you, those are all scenarios that actually happened to me while I was in g3 throughout the past week. If a match is 100-500 or below, I generally assume some shenannigans are going on.

I wouldn't assume that. Blowout matches are common, and they're often decided in the first few minutes due to unskilled players.

Other notes based on your comment....
    1. Scrapper should eventually lose a 1v1 to a warrior.
    2. Necro can totally decap far if it's the right situation -- this situation rarely comes up, but it can be fine, especially if it's a reaper.

• The Ace.9105The Ace.9105 Member ✭✭✭

@dodgerrule.8739 said:
    I've had enough of this. Each person I find match manipulating I'm going to be recording and adding onto this thread. Apparently not much is being done about them.

Prepare to get an infraction point to forums or maybe a timeout. Anet doesn't take responsibility for their game and thus doesn't want to show that to the potential money sources. Nothing is being done and nothing will be done and you just have to live with that.

Trevor well said. Plus that us the only way to fix it at this point is to have teams. This will discourage alt account play because it wont accomplish anything.

We need at least a solo que and leaderboard with a team que and lb.

If they really want to fix things then tie a phone number (non Google voice) to a account to play ranked.

• Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2019

Anet will never take action if it affects the active player base numbers. Even If the bots/manipulators rose to a 50-50 real players to bot/manipulator ratio they wont do anything.
    The dont even add new game modes to keep intrest.
    They dont care for the state of pvp. Otherwise we wouldnt have the same competitive mode since day one.

• BadMed.3846BadMed.3846 Member ✭✭✭✭

I've seen people get upset and throw if teammates bad mouth them in chat. While it is manipulation, I can't really blame them. The trolls deserved pipp losses. Others surely suffer for no fault as collateral damage.

• Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2019

I just checked the Top 10 players & i ask on map chat this Question.
    How is it that you get 108 wins but 13 loses only? Is that even statistically possible in this Tic tac toe type of game wich is Gw2?
    Something smell's fishy. Even if you duo Q & play the meta & switch to adapt to other team comp......& that your a God player,
    13 loses out of 121 matches is just not possible.

Someone plz explain it to me & try to make some sens to it.

Winter Nerf is coming!

• BadMed.3846BadMed.3846 Member ✭✭✭✭

There are heliocopters that fly so far you know...

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭

what rank is this. starting from bronze 3 now in gold 3 over 500 matches I think I've played max 5 matches I think were match manipulation or ppl really faked well. In lower ranks they are just toxic as I was, we lost mid fight, whole game is lost, afk. 1, 3, 1 in the start, afk. Teammates losing 2v1, afk. I didnt like your outfit, afk. Double thief, afk, and so on. Toxic ppl most of the time not wintraders. If you're talking about plat 2. and up you might be right.

• Edge.8724Edge.8724 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah. Pretty much the everyday thing in PvP it seems.

It happens very often to me though (even in unranked) that we lose some fights and then 1 or 2 people start insulting their own teammates and then AFK. I usually stay quiet and just try to do something in the match, but it's perfectly understandable that some players get demotivated pretty quickly and then abandon the match or literally PvP as a whole.

Unfortunately, based on Arenanet's experience with this, nothing is planned to fix this.

• @Crab Fear.1624 said:

I miss THAT Anet.

+1 for this, If y'all wanna unseal Dhuum so he can can send some sweaty players to their grave I'd be fine with that. Hell, have Desmina do it.
    No matter how good the game's balance gets, if players can just tilt the matches and get away for free it doesn't matter.

[Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]
    [JUST GIT EVEN GUDDER ITS FINE]

• Azure The Heartless.3261Azure The Heartless.3261 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2019

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:
    1. Stop allowing f2p accounts from joining ranked ques, period. No exceptions.
    2. Once again enable 5 man ques in ranked so that players who want to block their team from mole throws, can protect themselves.

Agreed.

Oh and INB4: "But I HATES 2 go against the 5 man teams!" Anyone who would respond with this, needs to seriously ask themselves: "Aren't I still going against a 5+ man team when I'm being thrown or win traded against?" Solo/Duo is an illusion and ya'all need to wake up from it.

Doubly so. There was a point where I was like "I don't wanna just get steamrolled by 5mans over and over again" but at this point, if you are any good at the game and have basic social skills/ability to maintain relationships it should be easy to pick up four other players that you know to go do some pvp. Find a guild. It's better than match manipulation.
    Either that or make autos more frequent or 24/7.

[Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]
    [JUST GIT EVEN GUDDER ITS FINE]

• zoopop.5630zoopop.5630 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Vieux P.1238 said:
    I just checked the Top 10 players & i ask on map chat this Question.
    How is it that you get 108 wins but 13 loses only? Is that even statistically possible in this Tic tac toe type of game wich is Gw2?
    Something smell's fishy. Even if you duo Q & play the meta & switch to adapt to other team comp......& that your a God player,
    13 loses out of 121 matches is just not possible.

Someone plz explain it to me & try to make some sens to it.

that's legit how i always looked at it lmfao but it is possible but not with that low of a lose lol. I think I remember Vans Having like 130wins-10loses and the next day after season ended he was banned with the God PvP Title lmfaooo.

• melandru.3876melandru.3876 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Curennos.9307 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

I miss THAT Anet.

This.

@risingeagle.7813 said:

lol scrapper should die to warriors, if not your war is bad

• yanniell.1236yanniell.1236 Member ✭✭✭

1) no more DuoQ;
    2) a player can't face the other 9 players of his/her last match for the next 5 matches.

There you go. No more match manipulation and more diversity.

Next problem.

@yanniell.1236 said:
    1) no more DuoQ;
    2) a player can't face the other 9 players of his/her last match for the next 5 matches.

Next problem.

there you go, no more matches

pvp population on a decent level is allready not impressive to say it polite

you'd complelty gut it.
    you'd need 9 different players, per match for the next 5 matches or 45 players, per 5 matches... per player.

that is 45*9, unless my math fails me

@melandru.3876 said:

@yanniell.1236 said:
    1) no more DuoQ;

Next problem.

you'd complelty gut it.
    you'd need 9 different players, per match for the next 5 matches or 45 players, per 5 matches... per player.

Not to long ago there was a big hooblah about letting back team Q's in rank. Between the ones that want to match manipulate & the ones that already said it's been tried & it don't work. & that's why i really don't play much rank.

Winter Nerf is coming!

• yanniell.1236yanniell.1236 Member ✭✭✭

@melandru.3876 said:

@yanniell.1236 said:
    1) no more DuoQ;

Next problem.

you'd complelty gut it.

If you don't have 45 different players to play 5 matches in a row, your game is already doomed and this discussion makes no sense to begin with.

@yanniell.1236 said:

@melandru.3876 said:

@yanniell.1236 said:
    1) no more DuoQ;

Next problem.

you'd complelty gut it.

If you don't have 45 different players to play 5 matches in a row, your game is already doomed and this discussion makes no sense to begin with.

that is 45 different players, per player

you would need 5 matches with 45*9 new people before the 10 originals could be put together again

which is nowhere realistic, as i said in my first post "pvp population on a decent level is allready not impressive to say it polite"

keyword: decent, everything under plat 2 is not decent

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

it would be nice if there was a 1 account per credit card type deal, that would at least help somewhat.

• praqtos.9035praqtos.9035 Member ✭✭✭✭

@apharma.3741 said:
    This thread will probably get deleted as mine did. It's clear ANet intends to sweep it under the rug as all their players choose to leave because they keep pandering.

RIP your thread. Thats so pathetic from Anet. Cant/dont care about bots. Dont care about wintraders . All they care for is CONTENT-SHOP

edited May 24, 2019

@praqtos.9035 said:

@apharma.3741 said:
    This thread will probably get deleted as mine did. It's clear ANet intends to sweep it under the rug as all their players choose to leave because they keep pandering.

RIP your thread. Thats so pathetic from Anet. Cant/dont care about bots. Dont care about wintraders . All they care for is CONTENT-SHOP

That's sad that after proof of upper level match manipulation it got taken down. It's not like its unknown that this is the wintrade wars lol.

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Curennos.9307 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

I miss THAT Anet.

This.

@risingeagle.7813 said:

How can you at one hand say that warrior is so kitten easy to learn that it facerolls everyone, and on the other hand say that its hard to lose as a scrapper against a warrior? It doesnt make sense buddy, just pointing that out

• Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 25, 2019

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@melandru.3876 said:

@yanniell.1236 said:
    1) no more DuoQ;

Next problem.

you'd complelty gut it.

Not to long ago there was a big hooblah about letting back team Q's in rank. Between the ones that want to match manipulate & the ones that already said it's been tried & it don't work. & that's why i really don't play much rank.

The funny thing is that despite every player in the game using LFG for Dungeons, Fractals, Raids, Meta Trains, Achievements, and Automated Tournaments, Arenanet seems to believe that players wouldn't be capable of or want to use LFG for ranked exactly in the same way that they do for everything else? I mean they added a "join party" option for the players that were just in your match for a reason right?

I dunno seems haphazard or fishy to me at the best.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@melandru.3876 said:

@yanniell.1236 said:
    1) no more DuoQ;

Next problem.

you'd complelty gut it.

The funny thing is that despite every player in the game using LFG for Dungeons, Fractals, Raids, Meta Trains, Achievements, and Automated Tournaments, Arenanet seems to believe that players wouldn't be capable of or want to use LFG for ranked exactly in the same way that they do for everything else? I mean they added a "join party" option for the players that were just in your match for a reason right?

Point is Team Q is easy to match manipulate. Was done before & still is now with duo Q's. So stop asking Anet for 5 team Q's or any of it. At least until ...

Winter Nerf is coming!

• Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 25, 2019

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@melandru.3876 said:

@yanniell.1236 said:
    1) no more DuoQ;

Next problem.

you'd complelty gut it.

Point is Team Q is easy to match manipulate. Was done before & still is now with duo Q's. So stop asking Anet for 5 team Q's or any of it. At least until ...

Please explain to me how someone is going to match manipulate my team of 5 players whom I know I can trust.

edited May 25, 2019

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@melandru.3876 said:

@yanniell.1236 said:
    1) no more DuoQ;

Next problem.

you'd complelty gut it.

Please explain to me how someone is going to match manipulate my team of 5 players whom I know I can trust.

No what your thinking of matchmanipulation is windtrading. I'm talking about stacking 5 man team Q's with friends (over advantage) vs team made of pugs in Rank. In the old day's It got to be such a problem that Anet removed Team Q's from rank. I feel i don't need to explain why. I think your smart anoth to understand why.

Winter Nerf is coming!

• Vancho.8750Vancho.8750 Member ✭✭✭

@Trevor Boyer.6524 That explanation deserves its own thread. This hits exactly whats going on, you missed only the win trade day where all matches are like your last point, people are not even trying to hide it anymore. I think the best rating to play is around g2 g3 where most of the population is and only sometimes you get the smurfs since there are more people playing in that range. In the end of G3 and up you start seeing the loop sided kitten and sometimes it feels like your team somehow is lower tier players vs full AT team.
    They should make the switch to 2v2 and 3v3 for pvp since you have to get in as a group and deathmatch, it is simple and effective pvp mode, people just want to beat each other and have fun with it, its so painful cause they showed that it can be done but they dropped it and added reworks to conquest maps, why are they still pushing conquest.

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

@praqtos.9035 said:

@apharma.3741 said:

That's sad that after proof of upper level match manipulation it got taken down. It's not like its unknown that this is the wintrade wars lol.

It's not just that, it's that there's very likely ToS violation going on which has had many people outright banned for playing on someone else's account to earn something they shouldn't get. Anyway that's all I'll say about it as I don't want to give the mods fuel to the fire.

edited May 25, 2019

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Curennos.9307 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

I miss THAT Anet.

This.

@risingeagle.7813 said:

How can you at one hand say that warrior is so kitten easy to learn that it facerolls everyone, and on the other hand say that its hard to lose as a scrapper against a warrior? It doesnt make sense buddy, just pointing that out

No, you're strawmanning. Don't do that.

You're adding on an 'everyone'. I made no reference to the warrior facerolling anyone - rather, their level of expected effectiveness even if the player has only picked up the class recently.

• Faux Play.6104Faux Play.6104 Member ✭✭✭

The only one that is likely to get banned for throwing matches is the one that posts photos of them on the form. It is like steroids in baseball in the 90s/00s. There may be a rule against it, and a report feature but no one looks at it. They have slapped the wrist of a few people's alts that are high on the leaderboard, but if you afk most of your matches in gold/silver nothing will happen.