Next expansion selling point ⇒ Cast your votes!

Lonami.2987

It would be the possibility of New Character Customization features- new hairstyles/ new faces/ new options added to character creator we have yet to see. It would be better than what we have - that's what I'd want. If it just seems to be left in the dust, I'd just fall out of the game because the thing I enjoy most of GW2 is fitting into the story I'm dealt & that involved having a character I can be proud to log onto when I do - something I can show. We have so many doll-puddy-baby faces for humans & it's annoying.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Pirindolo.9427" said:I am sorry, but if you read about future plans for GW2, there is no expansion at all in them. LS5 is here for 1.5 or 2 years, and then we will see.

LS5 will be right after LS4, as ANET said. But they didn't say "no plans for 3rd expansion".

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"Pirindolo.9427" said:I am sorry, but if you read about future plans for GW2, there is no expansion at all in them. LS5 is here for 1.5 or 2 years, and then we will see.

LS5 will be right after LS4, as ANET said. But they didn't say "no plans for 3rd expansion".

"The Living World of Guild Wars 2 is a great way for us to accomplish all of that. It’s the best way to provide our player community with regular content updates—great features, new horizons to explore, and an engaging story that brings our world and characters to life—without charging a subscription fee."

That's from the recent "What's next" post. I know denial can be a thing but this is as clear as it gets.

I would like new elite specs, but I voted for new pve stuff.I remember someone mentioned progressing trough never ending harsh terrain, and the further u get, the harder it becomes. So if you put it, lets say far shiverpeaks, everyone can clear level 1-10, but as you move deeper into shiverpeaks it becomes colder and colder and you need more heal or whatever mechanics is required. It would be fun to see teams that break records and interesting strategies used to overcome some super high levels.But yea overall, I just wish there was more new and fresh stuff.

When they will add ability to vote for a few points at once? Also, why "new area with maps on par with PoF and HoT maps, with new unique game mechanics bundled with it" is not included? This is the first thing I would expect from an expansion.Welp, from the offered list it will be new PvE game modes then, especially hard mode versions of all regular OpenWorld maps (similar to CMs in Fractals) and procedurally generated dungeons / other kind of highly-replayable content.

I couldn't vote. I tried to vote with none of the options selected but cant. None are desirable to me. The only thing I want from a new expansion is that it does not destroy most previous effort, and core Tyria is protected from it. For example, mounts destroyed the effort expended on Map Completion, among other things, it's a simple stroll now, and mounts are used exclusively on level 15 maps, assuring we lose many new players trying to level up.After the Gift of Battle fiasco, I wont buy anything until I know exactly what I'm spending my money on. The trust is gone. I've played consistently since day 3 and I own both expansions and purchased tons of gems, so don't bother with the "support the game" baloney. I had the most fun in year one, and I'd go back in a second if I could. If you were here, you likely know what I mean.They could surprise me with the next expansion, but I'd just have to wait and see it now first, before I buy.

New single player activitiesArcheology- Might be something fun to add or something like this. We already have the tools in game with Desert Highlands buried treasure hunt. But the rewards from that are lack luster. A couple blues maybe a green.Revamping or adding a new single player activity with some future update could spark more interest in older maps if it were used worldwide and not tied to an expansion, but whatever you like or the constraints are.New achievements could be made and collections to unlock the next collection kinda thing or not/ and just new improved items and CHANCE and getting something really cool. Some ideas:

• unidentifieds(of course), collection items , common items(ingots/planks : refined mats), rare metabolic food/utility things, rare crafting recipes(food), super rare mount skins or glider skins or schematics that allow you to craft your own mount/glider skins(ascended level crafting? or maybe exotic scribe thing? or tied to a new crafting discipline? or anyone can craft but it takes a 200gem(tp sellable) item from the gemstore(anet needs to get paid too)– but schematics would be sellable on tp), super, super rare infusions.

just some thoughts

@Tails.9372 said:I want to see a proper racing mode (similar to how sPvP and WvW are their own game modes) with real race tracks, not these improvised OW ones or the obstacle course we got for halloween. Beetle races in particular have a lot of potential and I hate to see it wasted like that. Put it in the mists so we have an excuse to use any kind of environment.

this def should be added to the daily activities like keg brawl. A large rotating course(30 tracks? :D) might be fun, not just the 6 we currently have in open world, but other new ones. Or I' dlike to see new tracks added to the ones we already have. I assume that already being worked on. fingers crossed

@"Lonami.2987" said:

Any game can last forever if the developers want to. The problem here is profitability, which depends a lot on marketing and player retention.

GW2 did very poorly on release. Yeah, we got a lot of players, but we lost too many as well, which has led to lot of people to believe, still today, that GW2 flopped and is a dead game. If they were to make GW3, using GW2 assets (same models and mechanics), lot of those who were disappointed by GW2's first impressions would give it another opportunity, even if it's pretty much the same game.

That's why GW3 has a lot of potential. Many of GW2's mistakes were fixed, but lot of the people who left because of those mistakes is never going to come back.

The story is pretty stale and doesn't help any bit either. The whole worldbuilding around GW2 has been a huge mess without direction since day one, feeling like a soap opera, instead of an epic fantasy tale. GW3 could be a huge reset button, an opportunity to ditch the current plots and start anew.

There are a chunk of people that wanted the gw1 solo questing competivite mode for gw2, but they went int the direction of cooperative PVE mmo and not a pvp mmo. It's those players that play alot of different games are the ones who usually say "oh that game is dead". much like WoW where people loved Wrath of the lich king and hated cata. Lots left but WoW is still going strong, much like GW2.

GW3 is def years and LS seasons away. I'd imagine at least 3 more full xpacs before that even comes close. Only reason being mechanics as mentioned but there are still vast untouched areas still left to explore and possible write new lore for.

I'd love to see housing(open world or instanced villages/neighborhoods) but my bets on them doing more with personal instances :( and since garden plots happened :( good bye to farming outside your house. Though that still could happen sorta if you look at what they did in Jahai Bluffs by that 1 heart on the center east side or NE Drytop or the secret legendary Long bow garden in Mount Malestrom. They already have the outdoor gardening systems in place. Introducing new crafting disciplines or upgrading cooking to 500 could allow for new items to plant crops with and make farming, fishing, or other activities(archeology perhaps?) heh, actual endgame modes and fluctuating fun with the TP economy. Obviously not every likes farming hence money in the pockets for those that do. but these are just simple ideas.

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

"
The Living World of Guild Wars 2 is a great way for us to accomplish all of that. It’s the best way to provide our player community with regular content updates—great features, new horizons to explore, and an engaging story that brings our world and characters to life—without charging a subscription fee.
"

That's from the recent "What's next" post. I know denial can be a thing but this is as clear as it gets.

Sorry, what?How did you assume, from the quote above, that they are not planning 3rd expansion after LS5 or LS6 for example?I didn't say the expansion is coming after LS4, I just said that they have never ever said that there are "no plans for 3rd expansion". Which means that there may be plans or may not be.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

"
The Living World of Guild Wars 2 is a great way for us to accomplish all of that. It’s the best way to provide our player community with regular content updates—great features, new horizons to explore, and an engaging story that brings our world and characters to life—without charging a subscription fee.
"

Sorry, what?How did you assume, from the quote above, that they are not planning 3rd expansion after LS5 or LS6 for example?I didn't say the expansion is coming after LS4, I just said that they have never ever said that there are "no plans for 3rd expansion". Which means that there may be plans or may not be.

How did you not?? It's pretty clear they are saying their current plan for content delivery going forward is Living World. Current being the keyword here, they have changed their model in the past. But we can only discuss what we have now and that's LS.

If an expansion was in the works for after LS5, it would already be in pre-production and we would know about it. Just like we knew about the ones that came before, prior to any official word. Expansions make headlines and generate clicks, they are never kept under wraps.

We need more beastly races.. I would be very happy with tengu or ogre - Skritt and quaggan will never happen. Other than that wvw needs alot of love, in balance and what they could add.

Someone suggested a different race mode other than open world and I would totally support this if it had power ups and such like Mario kart.

I'm sure most people would give me a thumbs down if that was an option. Luckily it's not! (:

Just my 2 copper!

• 2 weeks later...

@Chasind.3128 said:It would be the possibility of New Character Customization features- new hairstyles/ new faces/ new options added to character creator we have yet to see. It would be better than what we have - that's what I'd want. If it just seems to be left in the dust, I'd just fall out of the game because the thing I enjoy most of GW2 is fitting into the story I'm dealt & that involved having a character I can be proud to log onto when I do - something I can show. We have so many doll-puddy-baby faces for humans & it's annoying.

Wish we got beard options for sylvari, asura, and charr :I.

@"Duncanmix.5238" said:I would like new elite specs, but I voted for new pve stuff.I remember someone mentioned progressing trough never ending harsh terrain, and the further u get, the harder it becomes. So if you put it, lets say far shiverpeaks, everyone can clear level 1-10, but as you move deeper into shiverpeaks it becomes colder and colder and you need more heal or whatever mechanics is required. It would be fun to see teams that break records and interesting strategies used to overcome some super high levels.But yea overall, I just wish there was more new and fresh stuff.

There's so much they could do with the open world, it's sad they always follow the same "do nothing" or "do meta event" models.

@Samuel.4812 said:We need more beastly races.. I would be very happy with tengu or ogre - Skritt and quaggan will never happen. Other than that wvw needs alot of love, in balance and what they could add.

Someone suggested a different race mode other than open world and I would totally support this if it had power ups and such like Mario kart.

I'm sure most people would give me a thumbs down if that was an option. Luckily it's not! (:

Just my 2 copper!

It's so disappointing to see they didn't invest more on mount races, they could be great with just a bit of love.

@Kelly.7019 said:New single player activitiesArcheology- Might be something fun to add or something like this. We already have the tools in game with Desert Highlands buried treasure hunt. But the rewards from that are lack luster. A couple blues maybe a green.Revamping or adding a new single player activity with some future update could spark more interest in older maps if it were used worldwide and not tied to an expansion, but whatever you like or the constraints are.New achievements could be made and collections to unlock the next collection kinda thing or not/ and just new improved items and CHANCE and getting something really cool. Some ideas:

• unidentifieds(of course), collection items , common items(ingots/planks : refined mats), rare metabolic food/utility things, rare crafting recipes(food), super rare mount skins or glider skins or schematics that allow you to craft your own mount/glider skins(ascended level crafting? or maybe exotic scribe thing? or tied to a new crafting discipline? or anyone can craft but it takes a 200gem(tp sellable) item from the gemstore(anet needs to get paid too)– but schematics would be sellable on tp), super, super rare infusions.

just some thoughts

Anything that makes open world roaming interesting is a great idea on my book. Treasure hunts in general could be great if done well.

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:open world pvpAttack and be attacked while out exploring, gathering mats, etc...WvW already exists. If you want to gank people minding their own business, go there.

They could always give people an option to turn PvP on/off. Something like three factions to choose from, the third one being neutral while the other two fight each other.

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

"
"

How did you not?? It's pretty clear they are saying their
current
plan for content delivery going forward is Living World. Current being the keyword here, they have changed their model in the past. But we can only discuss what we have now and that's LS.

If an expansion was in the works for after LS5, it would already be in pre-production and we would know about it. Just like we knew about the ones that came before, prior to any official word. Expansions make headlines and generate clicks, they are never kept under wraps.

Not necessarily, since they’d still be over a year away from release probably. They announced HoT very early and it backfired big time.

But the biggest piece of evidence is that they haven’t said they aren’t doing any more expansions. People are constantly talking about more and making theories, and anet can’t possibly miss how much people get excited for more even now, with zero hints. If they keep us hanging for years only to say there won’t be more expansions, I think the backlash from a mistake that big could very possibly kill the game

@Fenom.9457 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

"
"

How did you not?? It's pretty clear they are saying their
current
plan for content delivery going forward is Living World. Current being the keyword here, they have changed their model in the past. But we can only discuss what we have now and that's LS.

Not necessarily, since they’d still be over a year away from release probably. They announced HoT very early and it backfired big time.

But the biggest piece of evidence is that they haven’t said they aren’t doing any more expansions. People are constantly talking about more and making theories, and anet can’t possibly miss how much people get excited for more even now, with zero hints. If they keep us hanging for years only to say there won’t be more expansions, I think the backlash from a mistake that big could very possibly kill the game

They havent said that they arent making cars, toaster ovens, or a gw2 themed hentai either...

I don't expect an expansion or anything anytime soon, but regardless of an expansion or not I'd love to see them making the Living World maps actually good repeatable content. Dragonfall is a great step in the right direction and I hope to see more maps like it in the future. Couldn't vote for everything I'd want with the poll, but it also falls under revamping old content as well. They stated they may be going back to old maps and adding more too them: I really hope this may including updating the meta events for some maps as well.One of my biggest disappointments with PoF is that the maps were beautiful, but you had basically no reason to go back to them because there was nothing outside of maybe achievements that would keep you on that map. Things like Casino Blitz are interesting but honestly laughable in terms of rewards that you get from it and I personally feel that if the map had more of a HoT-like meta event...more people would be going back to that map. It doesn't have to be the new op #1 farming map, but should have rewards that would make someone feel like their time isn't wasted there.

And yes, I'd love to see them revamp dungeons to be worth playing outside the slight chance you may need the tokens for it, and please...give us Season 1 again somehow. It's extremely jarring for new players to play through the core story and randomly jump to Season 2 with new characters that are only introduced to you by a cutscene and now they're buddy buddy with you. I know that's a lot of work though .n .

in my point a view we need another DLC, this game should keep going.im looking forward for...

New profession content (more classes, or subclass)New playable races (please add Tengu)New PvE game modes (more story)New PvP game modes (more wvwvw maps)Old content upgrades (more content from Guild Wars 1 on Guild Wars 2 what happened to Cantha?)Technical upgrades (beside the bug fixes, i would like to see graphical upgrades on old maps, but i could care less if it does not get made.)

for those who want Guild Wars 3... why the hell do we want a GW3 !? that will take AGES, i already waited 6 years for guild wars 2.